Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anyone know about an HD remake? The release on Steam was cool but I'd love to see the original in HD like FFX.

Friendly Bookworm

There are no news on any remake. Square Enix has thought about it but finds the risk of making it too much that it will pretty much kill the Final Fantasy franchise and nothing that they make will make money of a remake ever is to appear. Also, the fan expectations are so much that trying to cram it all in would be impossible and may lose that essence that we were drawn to in the game. So, to much dismay, there were be no remake.

And as I have always said, may Don Corneo stay in polygon form...

They have however, ported it to the PSN and PC/Steam in order to keep up with the times, especially when finding a PS1 copy is a little hard and sometimes costly depending on how the condition of the copy is. It is a cheaper and less time consuming to just port the original game than remaking it. But you still get that classic, awesome feeling that makes you appreciate older games.

The FFX/X-2 was just a HD Remaster. Essentially, it's the same game, but upped the graphics and added more feeling to it, while keeping to the original gameplay and story. The bonuses was that for those of us in North America, we finally, after almost a decade, can play the international versions with more bosses and dungeons.

Now, FFVII also had a International Version. Memory is a little shot on me in this but it does offer some more insight on a few things. One I can recall is actually being able to read a letter from Zack to his parents when you visit Gongaga. Now, if Square Enix released THAT over the PSN/PC/Steam... Yeah, I'd gladly fork out the money to learn more.

I'm not shooting down the fact of a remake isn't going to happen, but I am a firm believer in reality. If I was Square Enix right now and seeing the success in releasing more extended versions of the games, even in HD, we'd go bonkers for it. That being said, it's more believable to wish for a HD remake or remaster of Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis (That NEVER left Japan!) for a modern console, even my own smart phone... than FFVII.

Friendly Bookworm

*blows off dust in sticky and squishes a spider*

FINAL FANTASY VII LIVES AGAIN!

Announced at E3 is the mobile game app of -Final Fantasy VII -G-bike-!

Race through Midgar battling enemies on the Hardy Daytona in HD graphics as Cloud!

Will post video of the trailer when I leave work tonight!

COCKTAILS FOR ALL! smile

Friendly Bookworm

Now that I am home, I've screamed by lungs out in fangirling joy, and fed up with dumb people... Let us discuss the new upcoming mobile app for Final Fantasy VII: G-Bike!

Let's just watch this:

If anyone saw the promotional ad for the Square Enix announcements, they were playing "Chase of the Highway" as they were flicking through a few hints. Hinting that this was possibly going to be announced.

So. Here's the link to the article blog from the North American Square Enix Members Blog:
http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/final-fantasy-vii-g-bike-coming-soon-your-mobile-devices

To sum it up:
- Release Date is TBD
- Available for mobile devices, iOS and Android.
- The game will be FREE, but will have in-app purchases.

The app will let you level up, customize, and collect items for multiple characters as you go through missions. You will battle familiar VII bosses we all know and love (and have just seen) and all the fun physics-defying action!

So, your thoughts? Hopes? Excited?
Laili

To sum it up:
- Release Date is TBD

They had me at the game being free to play. (I just hope it works on my phone, ahahah.)

I think I heard Cloud grunting a little in the clip when he was swinging the Buster Sword around. ...Does this mean we're gonna have an updated Motorcycle Chase cutscene?! WITH NEW GRAPHICS AND VOICE ACTING?! Holy mother of Sephiroth, somebody hold me!

On that note, I noticed that they're reusing the character/monster models from Crisis Core, heh.

Also, I heard that they might make more Gold Saucer games for the phones...Meaning we might get the snowboarding game for our phones? I can't find the confirmation for this, but I hope this rumor is true.

Friendly Bookworm

Seikishi
Laili

To sum it up:
- Release Date is TBD

They had me at the game being free to play. (I just hope it works on my phone, ahahah.)

I think I heard Cloud grunting a little in the clip when he was swinging the Buster Sword around. ...Does this mean we're gonna have an updated Motorcycle Chase cutscene?! WITH NEW GRAPHICS AND VOICE ACTING?! Holy mother of Sephiroth, somebody hold me!

On that note, I noticed that they're reusing the character/monster models from Crisis Core, heh.

Also, I heard that they might make more Gold Saucer games for the phones...Meaning we might get the snowboarding game for our phones? I can't find the confirmation for this, but I hope this rumor is true.

I know that they have done the snowboarding game before, leaving the graphics alone and just making it for select phones in 2005. It may be possible that if G-Bike is successful that Square Enix may redo the snowboarding as well, and maybe other mini-games from other Final Fantasys. (Triple Triad, Blitzball, Sphere Break, etc.)

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
ok now I want this game, I am not for FFVII really but hey, I will be happy to play any FF game on cell if it is free (though, of course, I will be happy to purchase Agito when it comes out but still...)

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Seikishi
Laili

To sum it up:
- Release Date is TBD

Already been done, sure it was for Japanese cellphones but still, they may think that since that games been done they may not do it again.

I also want that Mog game if they do! I know it is a rather simple game but they could do a little bit of updating and make it a bit more challenging.

The sub game I could do without, never really could get into that one.

Wouldn't mind seeing the fighting game or the arm wrestling one either and the little fortune telling one would be fun just for the sake of it, nothing challenging or anything but it would just be cool to get a random fortune each day or whatever and somehow incorporate Cait Sith in with it.

Though, two that I thought may do well for them is the battle and chocobo racing games, the chocobo racing could be easily done where you work your way up to obtaining a Gold Chocobo depending on how many wins you get and how much you are prepared to bet and all of that stuff and we get the joy of the racing game but with no damn chocobo breeding that came with that game.

Friendly Bookworm

Found some FFVII Merchandise updates from Hidemi's Twitter the past two weeks. (I've been working a lot so forgive me on being late.)

First up is some new T-shirts!

We now have the 7th Heaven T-shirt featuring the logo and the menu of what Tifa serves at the bar:
7th Heaven Menu T-Shirt
(This shirt is available at the ARTINA Cafe.)

And for those going on vacation, why not have a Costa Del Sol T-shirt?
Costa Del Sol T-Shirt
(This looks like the start of the "Travelling with FF7" T-shirt series)

---

Within the ARTINA Cafe will be a new parfait, featuring a variety of flavors garnished with a chocolate shuriken in honor of The Great Ninja Yuffie:
Yuffia Matcha Parfait

---

And currently as of today, Square Enix is at the Japan Expo in Paris where TWO new figures were presented and shown to the public for the first time. (Fresh off the press pictures and postings this morning.)

First up, we have a Play Arts Kai Advent Children Cloud to join Vincent, Rufus, and Yuffie!
Play Arts Kai Advent Children Cloud

And someone for the first time is FIRST TIME EVER is getting his PAK figure! What up fo', IT'S BARRET!
Play Arts Kai Advent Children Barret

Everyone usually knows that a series to a collection comes in threes. Fingers are crossed that Cid will be the third one in this group.

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I am not a huge Barret fan, I like him well enough but he never really was a character I ended up loving from the game but that figure...I want it! The detail on it is amazing!

True, same with Cloud but meh, never liked him at all (seriously Square killed off Zack and gave the lead role to Chocobo head! SO not happy! ) So I can easily take Barret over Cloud any day.

That 7th Heaven Menu shirt is so...so normal! I mean, not once did I see a sheep type monster or a pig type monster roaming the plains of FFVII so where the heck is the lamb and bacon coming from? 7th Heaven is in a world where they could kill behemoths and use its meat, chocobos and use its meat, Ceasar and use its meat, the menu needed to be more actual FF related because that just seems like every other bar rl menu.

Fated Paladin

Dat chocolate shuriken~ emotion_kirakira

Oh look, Cloud got another Play Arts figure. This makes, what, six now? emotion_donotwant Hidemi has an AC Tifa prototype on there, so maybe she'll be the third figure? I'm more interested in the Fran prototype on his Twitter, though. emotion_drool

Friendly Bookworm

Another piece has been added to the "Traviling in FFVII" T-shirt series is the hometown of Cloud and Tifa, Nibelheim!

"Traveling with FFVII" Nibelheim Shirt

Under the Nibelheim logo says: "Small, rural town. Big Secret.

Friendly Bookworm

A sampling of the Final Fantasy VII music to be featured in Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call!

Crisis Core, Final Fantasy VII, and Advent Children will be featured in the game.

This will be in North America on September 16th!

Friendly Bookworm

May we all take a moment and smile as we celebrate a character's birthday today.

Today is Cloud Strife's Birthday!

Remember, they dated the events of Advent Children to 2009, making him 23 when he found Kadaj and his gang (originally 21 in the events of Final Fantasy VII). This year he would be 27 years old!

Here's a cupcake for our spikey-head! yum_cupcake

G Bike Trailer for this year's TGS! We get a couple more enemies and a very special guest shows up at the end to make an assist~ emotion_awesome

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff