Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Puppy

10,025 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Laili
Midnight Sledgehammer
This is my favorite game of the final fantasy series. But whenever I say that I turn into an immediate target for insults. Is there something wrong with liking this one the best?

Nope. This is common because a majority of people now think that Final Fantasy VII is overrated because it's the money maker for Square Enix. But, Square has started to back off on adding more projects than it needs because now fans want Versus XIII out.

Also, a majority of people who played Final Fantasy VII have only played that one, rather than play other ones in the series. Making those that have played all or a majority of fans annoyed when the VII-Only player says "I'm a Final Fantasy fan! And only played VII! That's all I need!"

This does also happen with other Final Fantasys, but on a lesser scale because VII is the most popular. (A Gaian named Derek was notorious for spamming and talking about Final Fantasy VI to no end and all to a point he insulted others for either correcting him or liking other Final Fantasys. He no longer comes here.)

I had people tell me how much they think VII is overrated and insulted me as well. But, I tell them that yes, VII is my absolute favorite but I cherish all Final Fantasys. I haven't played V or VI but plan to get my hands on them soon and play them.

I would just shrug it off and attempt to move to a different topic if someone insults or picks at you again.

I understand it's the biggest money maker for Square Enix, but I believe there's a reason for that. And I also believe people do like VII at heart but try to avoid talking about it because it's too "mainstream." It bothers me.

Friendly Bookworm

Midnight Sledgehammer
Laili
Midnight Sledgehammer
This is my favorite game of the final fantasy series. But whenever I say that I turn into an immediate target for insults. Is there something wrong with liking this one the best?

Nope. This is common because a majority of people now think that Final Fantasy VII is overrated because it's the money maker for Square Enix. But, Square has started to back off on adding more projects than it needs because now fans want Versus XIII out.

Also, a majority of people who played Final Fantasy VII have only played that one, rather than play other ones in the series. Making those that have played all or a majority of fans annoyed when the VII-Only player says "I'm a Final Fantasy fan! And only played VII! That's all I need!"

This does also happen with other Final Fantasys, but on a lesser scale because VII is the most popular. (A Gaian named Derek was notorious for spamming and talking about Final Fantasy VI to no end and all to a point he insulted others for either correcting him or liking other Final Fantasys. He no longer comes here.)

I had people tell me how much they think VII is overrated and insulted me as well. But, I tell them that yes, VII is my absolute favorite but I cherish all Final Fantasys. I haven't played V or VI but plan to get my hands on them soon and play them.

I would just shrug it off and attempt to move to a different topic if someone insults or picks at you again.

I understand it's the biggest money maker for Square Enix, but I believe there's a reason for that. And I also believe people do like VII at heart but try to avoid talking about it because it's too "mainstream." It bothers me.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I did a panel for Bakuretsu-Con in 2011 on Final Fantasy VII and had a wonderful turnout. I brought it back in 2012... only six people showed up, and half left half-way through. So, taking what I learned, I decided next years panel will be on the whole series rather than just one part and see how that goes.

Hopefully runs a lot better than the all out on I "guest starred" in. (I'm apparently Baku's "Final Fantasy Guru" now.)

Fated Paladin

Oh, my~ A whole-series panel sounds Nerdtastic~! :'D
Midnight Sledgehammer
Laili
Midnight Sledgehammer

I wouldn't say that. some people legitimately don't like VII. Like me. But that's mainly a game mechanics thing than story/characters thing, since I like Cloud and learning all the history surrounding him and am possibly one of the few(?) who really enjoyed AC.

Friendly Bookworm

Sony is having a sale on all PSP and PSOne Classics for the 25th Anniversary. All games will be 50% off in the Playstation Network.

Final Fantasy VII is on the list, along with other games.

The sale will be going on for two weeks.
Laili
Sony is having a sale on all PSP and PSOne Classics for the 25th Anniversary. All games will be 50% off in the Playstation Network.

I should really get IX. I keep saying I should play IX. I'm just afraid i'm not going to enjoy IX.

Friendly Bookworm

MooMooJuice
Laili

I should really get IX. I keep saying I should play IX. I'm just afraid i'm not going to enjoy IX.

Well, get it now while it's $5. That way you know if you don't like it that you didn't spend much on it.

I'm trying to get a new case for my Final Fantasy VII game. My old case falls right apart into three pieces as soon as I open it. gonk

I also need a new Crisis Core case too.

Also, something I've been mulling over. Should I start a petition to have Before Crisis remade for smart phones and given a world-wide release? I would like some thoughts and opinions on it.

I'd say it would be a cheaper alternative to remaking VII and yes... make more money by selling it worldwide. Plus, Square has been getting into smartphones games recently, I don't see why not.

Fated Paladin

A port would be cool, though I would hope it would have updated sprites and graphics. I'd love to see what Deneh actually looks like, as opposed to a yellowish lion-shaped blob. :B And a port would mean more Veld! ♥ And more Sephiroth jumping into the mako pit like a crazy person, as opposed to being thrown/falling. :'D And maybe bonus content? Maybe Crisis Core character cameos? ;DDD

Plus, I've had names ready for the player Turks for ages. >:[ Not that I'd ever get to use them, since I don't have a smart phone or tablet. >__>;

Friendly Bookworm

It's a perfect opportunity to make lots of money (I can't believe I'm saying that when a lot of people want VII to stop being milked.) on something simple that can be done in a small amount of time and for so little.

Friendly Bookworm

I'm now finding it tempting to get a 3DS now.

.... Staring at the new Eevee evolution for Pokemon X and Y has triggered this. And I want TheatRhythm and Kingdom Hearts 3D.

Or keep wishing for a Before Crisis remake. ninja

Friendly Bookworm

So, after realizing that the SQEX Merchandise Online Store is back (with a nice new look), there is a raffle for Tetsuya Normura's paper coasters. One one fan is going to win them.

The two coasters pictured is a lovely sketch of Cloud and the other a more chibi-fied look.

Here's the link to enter into the raffle:
Tetsuya Nomura Coaster Campaign

The pictures (well... the whole page...):
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Fated Paladin

I like how the one coaster is all detailed and the other is all derpy. :B

They have a link to Toy Fair's website on their store, but, sadly, it looks like there's no FFVII figures being shown that we haven't seen so far, but there are some new glimpses at some of the TA Mini KAI figures. The Sephiroth Mini has a shirtless option~ emotion_dowant Well, s**t, now I'll have to buy two of them. emotion_donotwant

Although, looking around on the internet, it seems FFX and KH:3DS are getting PA KAI figures, and Zidane is going to be included in Volume 5 of Trading Arts Mini KAI, so that's exciting~ 8D They seem to be pumping out lots of KAI figures, lately. The fact that Rufus has been made gives me hope they'll make new figures for characters we haven't seen yet. And hopefully, we won't get more Clouds. B|
Laili

.... Staring at the new Eevee evolution for Pokemon X and Y has triggered this. And I want TheatRhythm and Kingdom Hearts 3D.

I'm also kinda wanting a 3DS. but not until this semester is over at least. I don't need that distraction during school. I've kinda grown out of pokemon games, I've decided. But I want KH3D and the new FE, and I think I'd really enjoy TheatRhythm.

Friendly Bookworm

MooMooJuice
Laili

I'm also kinda wanting a 3DS. but not until this semester is over at least. I don't need that distraction during school. I've kinda grown out of pokemon games, I've decided. But I want KH3D and the new FE, and I think I'd really enjoy TheatRhythm.

I am going to get a Wii first for my new place (I'm going back to school!! Yay! But I have to move out of my house to go.) and then save up for a 3DS. Might treat myself to one by my birthday if all goes well.

Though I might go stock up on the games so that I can punch in more points with Square Enix Members and cross my fingers this spring when they release the Members Rewards packages. (I ended up buying someone's unwanted one on EBay for $60.)

8,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Citizen 200
Final Fantasy VII is one of my most favorite Final Fantasy games, but when I say that people start going ape s**t on me due to how mainstream it really is. emo

I have a 3DS/Wii and yet to get Theatrythm Final Fantasy as it's on my wishlist on games to obtain. 3nodding Kingdom Hearts 3D is quite annoying with the timer you have to play as Sora and Riku. [they alternate] If you don't mind being timed to play as Sora/Riku then by all means get it. I personally hated it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff