Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Bookworm

Whose excited for the Final Fantasy VII Event?!

Friendly Bookworm

Due to my new addiction to Pinterest, I bring you some excellent cosplays from VII!

Vincent:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shiva (FFX): (Big picture, so linking it)
http://www.funofart.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Final-Fantasy-Cosplay.jpg

I'll be posting the XIII ones in the XIII sticky later. There's a gorgeous Lightning on here.

Friendly Bookworm

So, the Compilation Facebook page got their hands on this fan-made movie that an independent Italian director is making for fun. They can't put the video up on Youtube because Square Enix may slap some copyright lawsuits on them.

The source, sadly, it Kotaku, but they do have their own Facebook page for it.

This is a teaser of Aerith collecting flowers from the church and how she would of reacted when the second reactor blew up...

http://kotaku.com/5940305/id-totally-watch-this-live+action-final-fantasy-vii-fan-film

Thoughts? Opinions?

Quote:
Being a detail freak, wouldn't Barret and Tifa be going in the opposite direction? You would have to (if standing where Aerith was facing the street) take a right to go back to Sector 7 to get the 7th Heaven?

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
That is like me saying 'I know Nomura, he's my uncle', anyone can say they know someone who is in the making of their fave game franchise/whatever, doesn't mean they do and even if they did Square will probably turn it down, you know what their like when it comes to these sorts of things also, Hironobu is no longer part of Final Fantasy, he might of created the game franchise but if he walked into Square now and goes "guess, what? I want you lot to make this" I have a feeling they will all be pleased to see him but will tell him no, why? because he has no more say in what happens to Final Fantasy, he left, he is doing his own thing now, his Final Fantasy days with Square are long gone and he can't just walk in and demand they make something even if he did originally create the series.

As for the video it is decent, they did do a good job buuut to nitpick a little more...

Aerith was THERE when Cloud fell, he was the one who was woken up by her voice, not she walks back into the church and he has already woken up

they need to do a tiiiiny bit more research on the game if they think she did what she did in that video.

Friendly Bookworm

Agreed on the 'Nomura is my uncle" part. Like I said, the source was sadly Kotaku. They make stuff up. gonk

Friendly Bookworm

So, Square Enix has okayed the teaser of the fan-made movie. They have it up on Youtube now:

And they ask what game we'd love to see a live action movie of.
The props are really nice, but the costumes need more work, and there are some awkward shots.
But well, I guess I can't nitpick an independent film too much.

.....The holy materia just sitting on her head looks really silly to me.

Friendly Bookworm

MooMooJuice
The props are really nice, but the costumes need more work, and there are some awkward shots.

I always imagined materia as something like a large bead rather than the size of a golf ball. And for it to be in her bow, I imagined it kinda concealed in the bow rather than stand out. But yes, nothing is perfect.
Laili
MooMooJuice

I always imagined materia as something like a large bead rather than the size of a golf ball. And for it to be in her bow, I imagined it kinda concealed in the bow rather than stand out. But yes, nothing is perfect.

It's actually about the size I imagined them to be (since Advent Children), but I also imagined to concealed in her bow. How else would it stay? xD It's just propped on her head like a frocobo.

Friendly Bookworm

I would like to take this moment and make the following annoucement...

HAPPY 15TH ANNIVERSARY TO FINAL FANTASY VII!!

15 years ago today, North America recieved Final Fantasy VII. And we all met Cloud, Tifa, Barret, and many more on this day!

Ahem. That is all. Square Enix posted a cute picture of the Advent Children Cloud figurine on Fenrir pretending to toot along a cityscape environment on Facebook with the "Happy 15th Anniversary" written on it.

I'll put the picture up later (For I'm at work!).

Friendly Bookworm

Little Big Final Fantasy VII:

Square Enix posted this on their Facebook page for their Community Spotlight. This is just wonderful!

Friendly Bookworm

For those who like an old school feel to their Final Fantasy music, Square Enix released "Final Fantasy Chips" which is arcade like video game music. They redo the ten top songs per Final Fantasy.

Here's VII's Chip:

This chip features:
Opening ~ Bombing Mission
Those Who Fight
Turks Theme
Crazy Motorcycle Chase
Cosmo Canyon
Who Fight Further
Highwind Theme
J-E-N-O-V-A
The Birth of God
Staff Roll
(Google Translate did a bad job translating, forgive me if I messed up the titles)

They also have done VIII, IX, and X. Links:
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
(All linked for Kether's pleasure~~)

Fated Paladin

It reminds me of my childhood, playing old Phantasy Star and Pokemon~ emotion_kirakira

Also, surprised that they used Birth of a God and not One-Winged Angel, especially considering how much they whore out OWA. Though, it's nice to see Birth of a God getting more love. >w< And FFX gets chiptune Battle with Seymour :'D. So precious~! Can't wait to hear the full albums.

Friendly Bookworm

They are selling these mini-albums for 2100 yen on the Japanese music site. Who knows it it'll venture worldwide.

Now that you mention the Birth of a God, even I'm amazed it's not One Winged Angel.

Anyway, off to... the Dentist. At least I'm not like Cloud in that cute Cloud Song video being full of cavities.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff