Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Explorer

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I hear people say, "VII wasn't even that good..." I didn't bother arguing, but come on. What FF game has as many prequels, sequels, and spinoffs as VII? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE every single one. I believe VIII is the only one I have yet to play.

Friendly Bookworm

Kether Taninniver
Laili
Kether Taninniver

Miss Cloud is the most beautiful girl in the game. talk2hand

Indeed. I mean, look at her! She's got these eyes and this hair and ahhhh.... ♥

(Been quoting Disney movies a little tooooooo much here)

And now I can't get the image of Aladdin swooning over Miss Cloud out of my head. It's like a bad KH fanfic. gonk

Miss Cloud, why do you get all the guys!? emotion_donotwant

She'd make the perfect Disney Princess. They should add her to the roster. ♥

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
FIaire
I hear people say, "VII wasn't even that good..." I didn't bother arguing, but come on. What FF game has as many prequels, sequels, and spinoffs as VII? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE every single one. I believe VIII is the only one I have yet to play.

Just because a game has 50 spin off titles doesn't mean the game is good or bad it just means that the game creators want to cash in on the popularity that FFVII got and fix the plot holes the game has also.

Besides that, the spin offs are half assed, I am not saying they don't have their entertainment value but they are half assed.

Also, we have FFXIII and its several games, then we have Final Fantasy XII with its several games and FFX that has a sequel that started all of this...

FFVII isn't the only one with spin off titles.

Lonely Explorer

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Nafretiti
FIaire

Just because a game has 50 spin off titles doesn't mean the game is good or bad it just means that the game creators want to cash in on the popularity that FFVII got and fix the plot holes the game has also.

Besides that, the spin offs are half assed, I am not saying they don't have their entertainment value but they are half assed.

Also, we have FFXIII and its several games, then we have Final Fantasy XII with its several games and FFX that has a sequel that started all of this...

FFVII isn't the only one with spin off titles
User Image

Alright, it's like this; see the easy to see big letters up above? See the neat thing under the words, "as many"? That's one thing. Another is that I wasn't giving praise to its many incarnations; I was praising the GAME and pointing out that it's popluar for a reason. Example? Well, since you asked... Give a mouse two kinds of cheese: sharp cheddar, and gorganzola. Said mouse eats one, then the other. The mouse leaves half of the gorganzola alone after eating the cheddar. The mouse sniffs around for more food. The mouse wants more cheddar. And although you spouting that all the spinoffs are half-assed is just your opinion, (some of which I agree with), calling Advent Children and Crisis Core half assed is just silly.

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Derek Highwind
Nafretiti
FIaire

FFVII isn't the only one with spin off titles.
ya but vii has a cupple movies mangas it is more popular then most other ffs i think that is wot he was getting at i dont think he was saying ff7 is thr only ff wi rolleyes th seqwels

Technically, Final Fantasy VII has ONE movie and a couple of OVA anime's that are one episode long which are based off the novelizations that are not counted as manga but stories, as in book type stories not manga and they are still counted as spin off's regardless how you want to label them and thus they go in with the 'spin off's' group.

Also, speaking of manga (or at least comics in some form or another), Final Fantasy VII has no official manga, as I said, it has a novels but not manga, the only manga that has been ofcially made are the following:

Yūkyū no Kaze Densetsu Final Fantasy III

Final Fantasy XI ~The Out of Orders (it is a manhwa which is the Korean version of a comic/manga)

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles ~Hatenaki Sora no Mukō ni~

Final Fantasy XII

Adventure Log (based on FFXI and is an offcial webcomic)

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Ring of Fates 4 Komaansoroji Komikku

So, for a game that is oh so popular it doesn't have any official mangas.

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
FIaire
Nafretiti
FIaire

FFVII isn't the only one with spin off titles
User Image

Alright, it's like this; see the easy to see big letters up above? See the neat thing under the words, "as many"? That's one thing. Another is that I wasn't giving praise to its many incarnations; I was praising the GAME and pointing out that it's popluar for a reason. Example? Well, since you asked... Give a mouse two kinds of cheese: sharp cheddar, and gorganzola. Said mouse eats one, then the other. The mouse leaves half of the gorganzola alone after eating the cheddar. The mouse sniffs around for more food. The mouse wants more cheddar. And although you spouting that all the spinoffs are half-assed is just your opinion, (some of which I agree with), calling Advent Children and Crisis Core half assed is just silly.

Alright, I guess I can agree with the first part but the second not so much.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is basically just a pretty graphics movie with a story that is not written all that well, the 3D graphics may have been taken to the next level and all of that and we get to see what happened to Cloud and co after FFVII but, like I said, the story wasn't written well at all, it felt rushed, it spent the first 20 minutes dealing with the plot and after that it was a few fight scenes and little else, what happened to the other 70 minutes worth of story? Especially when little is explained in a whole.

Final Fantasy VII: CC I have to agree...I want to say bad stuff about this game as it has its flaws but really...I can't, it was the better game out of the lot of them...well, that is until we get Before Crisis if we ever do, that may be better but still, FFVII: CC is the better game out of the lot of them.

Lonely Explorer

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
For spacing purposes, new post. While the plot was pretty damn confusing,(When asked if people who hadn't played the game would understand the plot, one of the people working on it replied, "Would someone who HAS played the game understand it?" wink That doesn't make it half-assed. Fitting everything a FF7 fan could want out of a movie sequel into 2 hours, well, I'm guessing you can figure that one out. Of course it wasn't going to live up to expectations. They ended up giving the mouse a sharp cheddar enima until it exploded. That said, they spent a hell of a lot of time writing, animating, voice acting, and editing this film, and I loved every second. If you don't think they did their best, then I want proof they didn't; and to say anything less about what the company did, is disrespectful to the people that work hard to bring us the entertainment we love.

Friendly Bookworm

Dude, I enjoyed VIII. It was bringing back another story that had love tied into the plot like IV had. So Flaire, feel free to try VIII when you do have a chance. You are entitled to your own opinion.

Many people say they don't like VII because some fans kinda shove it down others throats. For me, yes, I love VII to death, but I venture out and play the other games and love them too. IV, X, and XIII are among my favorites as well.

By the way. I was thinking next year that I would... get a FFVII tattoo. I want to get the FFVII Introduction Credits logo on the back of my neck/upper back. Not too big, but just a simple tattoo dedicated to my favorite game.

For those that don't know what logo I'm talking about, it's on the right side of the lighter picture:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lonely Explorer

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Laili
Dude, I enjoyed VIII. It was bringing back another story that had love tied into the plot like IV had. So Flaire, feel free to try VIII when you do have a chance. You are entitled to your own opinion.

Many people say they don't like VII because some fans kinda shove it down others throats. For me, yes, I love VII to death, but I venture out and play the other games and love them too. IV, X, and XIII are among my favorites as well.

By the way. I was thinking next year that I would... get a FFVII tattoo. I want to get the FFVII Introduction Credits logo on the back of my neck/upper back. Not too big, but just a simple tattoo dedicated to my favorite game.

For those that don't know what logo I'm talking about, it's on the right side of the lighter picture:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
DUDE! I was gonna get that too! And I probably will play VIII.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
User Image

gaia_angelleft yum_puddi gaia_angelright

Some people will like VIII, and some people will not. It's definitely one of the more divisive games (although nowhere near as divisive as XII and XIII). I urge you to at least try it.

Lonely Explorer

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Peltrow
User Image

gaia_angelleft yum_puddi gaia_angelright

Some people will like VIII, and some people will not. It's definitely one of the more divisive games (although nowhere near as divisive as XII and XIII). I urge you to at least try it.
I definitely will. Cute avatar, by the way.

Friendly Bookworm

Has anyone been able to find or actually translate the new novel "The Kids Are Alright" that came out last December? And not just by summary but the actual whole novel.

I'm still digging for it when I have a free moment.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff