Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Bookworm

_shuriken7_
I'm kind of sad the Crisis Core was so short, it only took me 20 hours to beat the game, granted I only did about 40% of the missions though. But that's generally the way I like to play, play it through the story once and then go back through and beat everything there is to beat. Working on that as soon as I defeat the Hades Cup in KHII...

Yeah. I did that too. Every now and then I'd stop and do a few missions in order to level up or find the summon DMWs/powerful yet helpful materia.
Pfft, they don't look cool, they ARE cool. wink
I like Reno. He's not really the "cool" type, he's more of silly in the movie. (I don't know about the game) Now, Rude, is cool. UH HUH. whee
Cloud is kinda... troubled... and Kadaj is just... I don't even know how to describe how he acts... But every time he dies, it makes me cry. It's really sad. And, well, I always cry in every movie, so it doesn't matter. rolleyes
But, yeah, if the game is for PSP I can't get it since I don't have one. *sad*

Friendly Bookworm

-x Roxas Twin x-
Pfft, they don't look cool, they ARE cool. wink
I like Reno. He's not really the "cool" type, he's more of silly in the movie. (I don't know about the game) Now, Rude, is cool. UH HUH. whee
Cloud is kinda... troubled... and Kadaj is just... I don't even know how to describe how he acts... But every time he dies, it makes me cry. It's really sad. And, well, I always cry in every movie, so it doesn't matter. rolleyes
But, yeah, if the game is for PSP I can't get it since I don't have one. *sad*

Well, Square Enix did go and bump Reno and Rude down from awesome a** kicking (Well... they got their asses kicked. =( Poor guys.) Turks to comic reliefs.

Reno was always, in the original game, the sly, a little cocky, smart, young man always telling Elena "Don't act so weak." Every now and then, there would be some humor.

Rude, in the game, was just like how he was in Advent Children, just a tad serious. The only 2 funny moments was confessing he liked Tifa to Reno and saying "Now the booze tastes bad." in Wutai.
HAH! I can't picture Rude saying that...

Friendly Bookworm

-x Roxas Twin x-

No lie. When you meet Reno and Rude at Gongaga, they're talking about whose the hottest. Rude refuses to confess but after some pressuring from Reno, he lowers his head and goes "Tifa."

And if Tifa is in your party when you fight them, Rude will not attack Tifa. oO

The the "Booze tastes bad line." is when you run into the Turks in Wutai while looking for Yuffie and the Turks aren't happy you showed up while they're drinking. Reno saying "Looking at you makes me sober." and Rude follows with "Now the booze tastes bad."

I'm always on the floor laughing when they say that. xD
<.<
>.>

Figure I'm in the right place.

Question: Is Crisis Core worth my money, or will it spoil seven for me like I heard Dirge of Cerberus would have?
Witchfinder-General
<.<
>.>

Figure I'm in the right place.

Question: Is Crisis Core worth my money, or will it spoil seven for me like I heard Dirge of Cerberus would have?

Well, It depends on your own personal tastes, obviously.
Personally, I loved it.
Sure, there were some things about it that I HATED beyond beliefe *GenesisCoughCough* And sure, it sorta kinda slaughtered a few things in the original, but...in my own opinion, I really liked Zack having center-stage, but it doesn't help that I've always been a huge Zack-fan.
But the DMW was sorta fun, and it definitely had a nice feel to it, though it was a bit short.
I didn't play Crisis Core cuz I don't own a PSP, but I watched all the cutscenes on youtube, and I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed in the story. And I really didn't like Aerith in this game. At all. I liked her so much more in the original game. Maybe it's cuz she's four years younger, but she was just irritating in CC.

For the record, I'm very happy that there's a sticky for this ridiculous compilation now. Now perhaps the rest of the series can get some breathing air.
Laili
-x Roxas Twin x-

No lie. When you meet Reno and Rude at Gongaga, they're talking about whose the hottest. Rude refuses to confess but after some pressuring from Reno, he lowers his head and goes "Tifa."

And if Tifa is in your party when you fight them, Rude will not attack Tifa. oO

The the "Booze tastes bad line." is when you run into the Turks in Wutai while looking for Yuffie and the Turks aren't happy you showed up while they're drinking. Reno saying "Looking at you makes me sober." and Rude follows with "Now the booze tastes bad."

I'm always on the floor laughing when they say that. xD

Hehehe... that's funny... Rude digs Tifa... O_o
What about Yuffie!? Hah, I can see Yuffie and Reno getting along well because of their personalities.
Kuja9113
I didn't play Crisis Core cuz I don't own a PSP, but I watched all the cutscenes on youtube, and I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed in the story. And I really didn't like Aerith in this game. At all. I liked her so much more in the original game. Maybe it's cuz she's four years younger, but she was just irritating in CC.

For the record, I'm very happy that there's a sticky for this ridiculous compilation now. Now perhaps the rest of the series can get some breathing air.

i disagree. i thought that crisis core was totally worth my while. but i do have to agree that aerith was annoying...but then again i never liked her anyway.

however, if you just watch the cutscenes, i don't think that the story means that much. maybe i'm just a sap who loves metaphores, but i think that if you play and complete a game, then the story line becomes much more meaningful
.MexacaliBlues.
Kuja9113

i disagree. i thought that crisis core was totally worth my while. but i do have to agree that aerith was annoying...but then again i never liked her anyway.

however, if you just watch the cutscenes, i don't think that the story means that much. maybe i'm just a sap who loves metaphores, but i think that if you play and complete a game, then the story line becomes much more meaningful
Oh believe me, I hate watching cutscenes without playing the actual game. If I owned a PSP, or even had a friend who owned a PSP, I would have either bought it myself, rented it, or borrowed it from someone. I hate just watching cutscenes without playing because then you only get the artistic side and not the technical, and you don't even get the full artistic side. If someone watched all the cutscenes of Kingdom Hearts online, they'd miss all the in-between cutscenes without voice acting when they're all speech bubbles, plus the way the battle system operates, all the exciting boss battles, and any additional challenges and sidequests.

I've considered getting a PSP whenever I get the money, but I just don't find it to be worth the $160(?) price tag. Not when I can count on one hand the amount of titles I would get, including titles that haven't yet been released.
Kuja9113
.MexacaliBlues.
Kuja9113

Oh believe me, I hate watching cutscenes without playing the actual game. If I owned a PSP, or even had a friend who owned a PSP, I would have either bought it myself, rented it, or borrowed it from someone. I hate just watching cutscenes without playing because then you only get the artistic side and not the technical, and you don't even get the full artistic side. If someone watched all the cutscenes of Kingdom Hearts online, they'd miss all the in-between cutscenes without voice acting when they're all speech bubbles, plus the way the battle system operates, all the exciting boss battles, and any additional challenges and sidequests.

I've considered getting a PSP whenever I get the money, but I just don't find it to be worth the $160(?) price tag. Not when I can count on one hand the amount of titles I would get, including titles that haven't yet been released.

you could get a used psp easily for 100 if you don't mind scratches and dust in between the buttons (lol i don't)

but anyway. cutscenes on youtube sucks even worse. all grainy and s**t? it's too bad that masterpieces like advent children are being watched like that crying
Well, I haven't finished Crisis Core yet, but I'm actually pretty disappointed. How can it be so easy? I've only been playing for a week (and I work full time, so that's about one-two hours a day) and I've already ended up in Nibelheim reactor to beat Sephiroth. Meaning it's not that far until the inevitable end of the game. And I feel so.... how to put this...? ..... empty?

Sure. I love how they portray Zack. I've always been interested in that nice guy's attitude and background story, and I'm so glad I finally got to "meet" him for real. But what about the rest of the cast? Angeal and his "I have my honor, and suddenly I don't" feels clichéed, and Genesis......... *deep sigh* ... oh, don't get me started. Plus... Well... I have to confess that I am one of those strange Hojo fans (don't flame me for this, please) and I have followed his character development throughout the compilations. It's not the same man. In the original game, he was surely mad and evil, but he was a man of science, and did you ever hear him brag about how smart he was? That's about all he does in both Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus, not to mention how odd and OOC he acts in Before Crisis. I am deeply disappointed.

As for the gameplay. It's so easy. I love it, even though it provides no problem for me whatsoever. I don't regret buying it, and a PSP to play it on - I like the game's flow, even though the missions are the same no matter which one you take, and I really wish they could have put down more energy in the storyline and the characters. I like a few of the new ones, but the game is too short to give them real substance. Sadly.

I have gone on rambling for far too long now, but I felt I had to spill at least some of what is on my mind right now. I would love to discuss this further! Oh, and while I'm at it... Hi guys! Glad to join the new thread! ^^
Dr Lucrecia Crescent MD
Well, I haven't finished Crisis Core yet, but I'm actually pretty disappointed. How can it be so easy? I've only been playing for a week (and I work full time, so that's about one-two hours a day) and I've already ended up in Nibelheim reactor to beat Sephiroth. Meaning it's not that far until the inevitable end of the game. And I feel so.... how to put this...? ..... empty?

Sure. I love how they portray Zack. I've always been interested in that nice guy's attitude and background story, and I'm so glad I finally got to "meet" him for real. But what about the rest of the cast? Angeal and his "I have my honor, and suddenly I don't" feels clichéed, and Genesis......... *deep sigh* ... oh, don't get me started. Plus... Well... I have to confess that I am one of those strange Hojo fans (don't flame me for this, please) and I have followed his character development throughout the compilations. It's not the same man. In the original game, he was surely mad and evil, but he was a man of science, and did you ever hear him brag about how smart he was? That's about all he does in both Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus, not to mention how odd and OOC he acts in Before Crisis. I am deeply disappointed.

As for the gameplay. It's so easy. I love it, even though it provides no problem for me whatsoever. I don't regret buying it, and a PSP to play it on - I like the game's flow, even though the missions are the same no matter which one you take, and I really wish they could have put down more energy in the storyline and the characters. I like a few of the new ones, but the game is too short to give them real substance. Sadly.

I have gone on rambling for far too long now, but I felt I had to spill at least some of what is on my mind right now. I would love to discuss this further! Oh, and while I'm at it... Hi guys! Glad to join the new thread! ^^

maybe i am just a sap who can see deep meaningful things in all and every game i play but i stil think that crisis core was amazing

i'm kinda hoping that by the end of the game you have changed your mind. sure hollander is ooc but you barely see him anyway! and maybe the reason that it feels so short is because the story does move kind of quickly, i'll give you that.

i haven't gone through all of the FFVII compilation yet. the only things that i have seen fully is advent children and crisis core along with bits and pieces of watching my friends play FFVII (for years my parents had a tirade of no video games T___T so i completely missed out on that). So maybe the reason that I feel that this is such a great game is because I haven't experienced the rest of it! but i'm still going to stand by my opinion and say that crisis core is incredible
.MexacaliBlues.

maybe i am just a sap who can see deep meaningful things in all and every game i play but i stil think that crisis core was amazing

i'm kinda hoping that by the end of the game you have changed your mind. sure hollander is ooc but you barely see him anyway! and maybe the reason that it feels so short is because the story does move kind of quickly, i'll give you that.

i haven't gone through all of the FFVII compilation yet. the only things that i have seen fully is advent children and crisis core along with bits and pieces of watching my friends play FFVII (for years my parents had a tirade of no video games T___T so i completely missed out on that). So maybe the reason that I feel that this is such a great game is because I haven't experienced the rest of it! but i'm still going to stand by my opinion and say that crisis core is incredible

Oh, I can see those deep meaningful things too, it's just that the deep, meaningful things I see in Crisis Core is so..... shallow compared to the original game. I think the quality of the work has dropped, even thought the quality of the graphic has improved immensely! I've been a huge fan of VII ever since I played it, and I just feel let down by all these pretty games that really don't add much (this is my personal opinion) substance to the original story. Sure, new characters such as Hollander, Genesis, Cissnei, Kunsel and such show up, and I think it's great that they show there's more people around the FFVII universe than just the ordinary. Still... I can't help but feel that they ruin it for me.

I really don't mean to argue with you - if I come off short, I really don't mean it and do beg your pardon! It's a decent game! I am deeply in love with Crisis Core as far as gameplay and graphic goes, and if it weren't for the "Final Fantasy VII" tag before the game title, I would probably deem it pretty much more decent than I do now. It's just that I expected so much more, and got so little. It's too fastpaced for my liking. It feels as if Zack and Aerith, for example, has only known each other for a month or so when he leaves for Nibelheim, and to develop such a deep love as theirs are supposed to be.... I shouldn't really stick my nose into this, but it seems so unlikely. And though all these small little details as the mails adds to the feeling "Hey, this is REAL!" it goes on for far too little time. I stared in disbelief on my PSP when the screen told me I was on my way to Nibelheim - "What!? ALREADY!?"

... I will finish it. I really will. And I will probably play it through on more time, this time on hard, to see if I have missed anything.

Oh, you should play the original game yourself! It's great compared to the compilations, in my opinion. I am, as I've already said, deeply in love with FFVII, and I will always keep my opinion that it is the best RPG ever made. So I really recommend it! blaugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff