iiAerith Gainsborough
hey ppl....Aerith here....so...what's goin' on? 3nodding
Lyk, I'm a Turk.

I'mma capture joo :3

Jk. I decided I wanted to be a Turk. I can be Reno's sister or something XDDD

Your avatar looks pretty good though.

As for what's going on.....sorry, I have no idea D:

Manly Hunter

So I decided to make a new FF7 file to play the game again after 8 or 9 years...
And my Disc 1 doesn't work after the 1st battle at the very beginning of the game. sweatdrop

Guess I'm buying it on my PS3. blaugh
Just wanted to brag on Cloud Strife. Never knew a buster sword could do so much. Talking about seeing it used on the final Sephiroth. Omni-Slash is an awesome move. I got a DND character than can legally do it.

Adorable Wife

11,225 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
Hm. Another turk here?

Ah yes, the Buster Sword. Quite useful in both attacking the oponent and blocking bullets.

My FFVII still works after all these years. I haven't played it in a while since I was busy playing Crisis Core.

Dapper Hunter

Hypi
This makes sense, the Advent Children sticky was becoming a little obsolete.

It's too bad that none of the Compilation is anywhere near as amazing as the original game...

This is the best game i played!!
hey guys forgive me if i say
can you give me money?
i need to buy something.....
Malee
User Image

Welcome to the Final Fantasy VII Compilation thread. This sticky will be covering the following:

- Final Fantasy VII

- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

- Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus

- Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

- Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis
great and amazinh

Tsalokin generated a random number between 10 and 100 ... 48!

This looks cool pirate
Wow, this place has been pretty quiet since I've started school. Too bad.

Hypothetical question: If someone were to write a series of academic papers regarding various mythologies and FFVII (both real-world mythologies and those indigenous to the Final Fantasy world and the parallels between them), would you have any inclination to read it?

Adorable Wife

11,225 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
It has been quiet.
Wonderful to see you again, Semeroth. How have you been?

As for your hypothetical question, I probably would.

6,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
Semeroth

Hypothetical question: If someone were to write a series of academic papers regarding various mythologies and FFVII (both real-world mythologies and those indigenous to the Final Fantasy world and the parallels between them), would you have any inclination to read it?

I think so. What some people don't realize is that a lot of the names and themes in the game originate from a lot of different things. Like I looked up the meaning of Sephiroth's name and it comes from the Kabballah (SP?), which I thought was neat. It has something to do with like 10 different steps (the remnants from the game), that pertain to creation. I don't know if u already knew that or not...

Yeah, I forget how I found that, but I thought it was interesting. If you wrote a paper on that type of thing I know I would like to read it.
Malee
What Belongs

- Discussion about all the games and the movie. Yes, that even includes remake rumors!

- Character discussion, couple discussion, try to keep it tame though.

- Tips and tricks to beating any bosses or the ever popular Chocobo breeding.

The Rules

- No Trolling.

- No Spamming, Bumping or Page Stretching posts.

- Follow the ToS at all times. See something wrong, report it using the forum reporting system.

Redundancy

- All Final Fantasy VII and compilation game threads are redundant to the sticky and will be moved to the Recycle Bin.
DarkMuse112
Semeroth

I think so. What some people don't realize is that a lot of the names and themes in the game originate from a lot of different things. Like I looked up the meaning of Sephiroth's name and it comes from the Kabballah (SP?), which I thought was neat. It has something to do with like 10 different steps (the remnants from the game), that pertain to creation. I don't know if u already knew that or not...

Yeah, I forget how I found that, but I thought it was interesting. If you wrote a paper on that type of thing I know I would like to read it.
The Sephiroth from the Kabbalah represents the Tree of Life, and the ten aspects of God ('Sephiroth' literally means 'enumerations [of God]') through which God's light shines into the world. Some schools of belief hold that before the fall, the Tenth Sephirah was between Kether and Tiphareth in the central column, and after the fall, that Sephirah disappeared and was replaced with Malkuth, who exists beneath Yesod and represents the Earthly Kingdom. Others hold that the space is not a Sephirah at all, but is the mystical place where all ten Sephiroth exist in perfect harmony. Yet others say that Kether is not a Sephirah as it represents an unconscious aspect, and instead represent it with the conscious aspect of Da'at, which rests between where Kether traditionally is found and where Tiphareth is found. The fact remains absolutely solid, however, that there are only ten Sephiroth, "ten and not nine, ten and not eleven".

For someone who is not a student of the Kabbalah, I know way more about the Sephiroth than I really ought to. XDDD (Interesting, unrelated note: There is a negative version of the Sephiroth known as the Qliphoth ['husks'], as well; what the Sephiroth are to God, the Qliphoth are to Satan.)

But that's exactly why I want to formally write papers on the subject. Lots of people know things like 'Midgar is from 'Midgard', the Norse word for the human world', and 'Sephiroth is a term taken from the Kabbalah', and 'the lyrics to One Winged Angel are taken from Carmina Burana', but that's all they know. I want to go in-depth, and explore these obvious themes as well as my own ideas about the Compilation.

Example: Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo represent a triad of trinities: their names and aspects are similar to the names of three of the ten Sephiroth (Kether, 'the Crown', Hod, 'Glory', and Yesod, 'Foundation') and are closest to being Sephiroth himself in the numbered order of said Sephiroth; they represent Genesis, Angeal and Sephiroth as remembered by Sephiroth; and they are a parody on the Holy Trinity found in Christianity (Yazoo as the Father, Kadaj as the Son, and Loz as the Holy Spirit [my assignments of each character to each aspect of the Godhead ties in closely with the second of the triad mentioned, so both must be considered]).

That could be a paper in itself. (Though I really do wish that Yazoo corresponded more to a Sephirah from the right column to more perfectly balance the comparison in the Trio. Perhaps I'll have to do some more research~~~ *skips off*)
Semeroth

I would bite, sure I would read it.

Sanguine Roku's Husband

Striking Striker

8,275 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
Semeroth

While such work is to some obvious, and easy to do, it udermines the original stories and characters of the game and leads people to overthink things. for example, If I used Azael as a name, the connotations regarding the angel of death may help the reader have a grasp of the character, but a six page report on the history of the beliefs of christianity's various sects regarding the angel of death's name and the connotations of using it as a name for a character would undoubtedly draw attention away from any characterization I did and instead flavor the character more towards some abstract pseudo-religeous bullshit.

//rant terminated.

6,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
Semeroth
DarkMuse112
Semeroth

The Sephiroth from the Kabbalah represents the Tree of Life, and the ten aspects of God ('Sephiroth' literally means 'enumerations [of God]') through which God's light shines into the world. Some schools of belief hold that before the fall, the Tenth Sephirah was between Kether and Tiphareth in the central column, and after the fall, that Sephirah disappeared and was replaced with Malkuth, who exists beneath Yesod and represents the Earthly Kingdom. Others hold that the space is not a Sephirah at all, but is the mystical place where all ten Sephiroth exist in perfect harmony. Yet others say that Kether is not a Sephirah as it represents an unconscious aspect, and instead represent it with the conscious aspect of Da'at, which rests between where Kether traditionally is found and where Tiphareth is found. The fact remains absolutely solid, however, that there are only ten Sephiroth, "ten and not nine, ten and not eleven".

For someone who is not a student of the Kabbalah, I know way more about the Sephiroth than I really ought to. XDDD (Interesting, unrelated note: There is a negative version of the Sephiroth known as the Qliphoth ['husks'], as well; what the Sephiroth are to God, the Qliphoth are to Satan.)

But that's exactly why I want to formally write papers on the subject. Lots of people know things like 'Midgar is from 'Midgard', the Norse word for the human world', and 'Sephiroth is a term taken from the Kabbalah', and 'the lyrics to One Winged Angel are taken from Carmina Burana', but that's all they know. I want to go in-depth, and explore these obvious themes as well as my own ideas about the Compilation.

Example: Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo represent a triad of trinities: their names and aspects are similar to the names of three of the ten Sephiroth (Kether, 'the Crown', Hod, 'Glory', and Yesod, 'Foundation') and are closest to being Sephiroth himself in the numbered order of said Sephiroth; they represent Genesis, Angeal and Sephiroth as remembered by Sephiroth; and they are a parody on the Holy Trinity found in Christianity (Yazoo as the Father, Kadaj as the Son, and Loz as the Holy Spirit [my assignments of each character to each aspect of the Godhead ties in closely with the second of the triad mentioned, so both must be considered]).

That could be a paper in itself. (Though I really do wish that Yazoo corresponded more to a Sephirah from the right column to more perfectly balance the comparison in the Trio. Perhaps I'll have to do some more research~~~ *skips off*)

Wow! Okay, you do know more than me about it! Lol. I didn't really read that much when I found it. The whole concept was kind of confusing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff