Welcome to Gaia! ::

final fantasy is awsome

Beloved Friend

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
Haha..Dragon Ball Z...I love watching that show.
Although, it would be entertaining if Zack or Cloud went all supersaiyan (because they totally have the perfect hairdo for it) and made a kamehamea wave. XDD
Especially when Zack and Sephiroth fight in the Nibel Reactor.

Zack-*places materia before him* ".....how come a dragon's not popping out and granting me wishes?"
Touches red materia and a giant, fat chocobo lands on him.
i know the crazy stunts and flying around has happened many times before in the FFVII Compilation - it's just it felt especially out of place at that moment, because everything had been quiet, dark and intense until then. i think it was the electric guitar music that made it worse.

5,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Member 100
Dead Sea Sclerosis
i know the crazy stunts and flying around has happened many times before in the FFVII Compilation - it's just it felt especially out of place at that moment, because everything had been quiet, dark and intense until then. i think it was the electric guitar music that made it worse.

Yeah that's so true. I definetly agree that the scene did not go well with the dark setting. I think that just the sounds of swords clashing would've been better. I would be a critic and say that the glow of MAKO should've been more pale, but that's kind of overdoing it a little.
Well, the whole point is that there shouldn't have been any Mako glow in Cloud's eyes.

I mean, even my suggestion about people living near Mako reactors possibly having a higher natural level/tolerance for Mako than people living away from them doesn't mean that people living near reactors would have Mako eyes. Tifa had lived her whole life (to that point) in Nibelheim, two years longer than Cloud had lived there at the time of the incident, and she doesn't have Mako eyes. Mako eyes are a sign of SOLDIER, not just proximity to a reactor, or living in a place with high Mako concentration, like Midgar, Nibelheim or Banora. If that was all it took, then lots of people would have Mako eyes; everyone from the towns I listed, all the old folks at Mideel, everyone at Modeoheim and Icicle Lodge...

Since Cloud was never in SOLDIER, didn't even meet the requirements laid out for SOLDIER, he would not have had Mako eyes during the Nibelheim incident. He received them when he was put into the Sephiroth Copy project by Hojo, because Sephiroth Copies are regular people put through the process performed on SOLDIERs. Sephiroth Copies would therefore have Mako eyes.

As for the background music...electric guitars are for heroic, high-energy scenes. Dramatic strings and classical ensembles are for villainous, dark scenes. Nibelheim is a villainous, dark moment. Music FAIL.

Friendly Bookworm

Anyone here on Square Enix Members?

I read and saw on FF Wikia that there was a special Cloud avatar outfit you can get for your avatar to celebrate ACC's release. But it's no where in the Clothing Store.

The only special items you can get is the Cecil and Rosa outfits for the release of FFIV: The After Years. (And Wikia said there was a Golbez one too, not there either)

So, did anyone get it or was it a Japan only SE Member exclusive? (Again...)

Aged Noob

9,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Regular 100
Semeroth
Well, the whole point is that there shouldn't have been any Mako glow in Cloud's eyes.

Are you basing this off of Last Order? I wouldn't consider Last Order canon in the slightest, it is a fun retelling, but has been disputed by Crisis Core and the original game.

If anything, it is symbolism, not exactly meant to represent the glow of Mako.

Greedy Fatcat

4,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Trader 100
  • Swap Meet 100
I must say that, the FF7 series was good. I have all of them except for Before Crisis, but everything was executed perfectly. Even if you say it got redundant, it did not. You know that the work is never done in the Final Fantasy universe. Crisis Core was a real tear jerker. Dirge of Cerberus got me hooked on J-rock. Final Fantasy changed my life.
Malee
Semeroth

Are you basing this off of Last Order? I wouldn't consider Last Order canon in the slightest, it is a fun retelling, but has been disputed by Crisis Core and the original game.

If anything, it is symbolism, not exactly meant to represent the glow of Mako.
Exactly. It is fun to watch, but I'll take the games over LO any day.

Friendly Bookworm

Has anyone seen the anime short of "The Case of Denzel" ?
For me, Final Fantasy VII is the best game which has ever been made.
Laili

Ack, you just reminded me that I haven't watched it yet! It came on the BD version of Advent Children. O: The picture is way pretty in 1080p. My idiot of a brother lost my DVD copy that I purchased back when it first came out, so the new release was the perfect excuse. xD

Eloquent Explorer

7,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Just watched AC complete.

A massive improvement on AC, better soundtrack, more content, more plot, better fight scenes, less cheesy lines and all in HD.
This is what AC should have been at the start, this time it actually felt like FFVII.
Seraphor
Just watched AC complete.

A massive improvement on AC, better soundtrack, more content, more plot, better fight scenes, less cheesy lines and all in HD.
This is what AC should have been at the start, this time it actually felt like FFVII.

I agree. I feel that the compilation may of been received better, if the first entry in it, AC had been like ACC. It wouldn't of felt like a cheap cash in.
Yume Onata
Laili

Ack, you just reminded me that I haven't watched it yet! It came on the BD version of Advent Children. O: The picture is way pretty in 1080p. My idiot of a brother lost my DVD copy that I purchased back when it first came out, so the new release was the perfect excuse. xD
And I need to finish watching it...XDD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces