Welcome to Gaia! ::

I was looking up something on Lightning Returns when I stumbled across Final Fantasy Type-0 news. I clicked the link and suddenly I was watching the first 40 minutes of the game translated into English. I realize I am a little late the the party.

The first 15 minutes were like something I have never seen in a Final Fantasy game before. By the 10 minute mark I was heartbroken by what was happening. It was dark, and extremely depressing. And I loved it.

Why isn't this game being localized?

Reviews for the game have been amazing. Square Enix actually has nothing to lose.

Do they think the dark story won't go over well anywhere else then in Japan?

I don't get it. And I need to play this game.

The video I watched.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14dri3_type-0-english-prologue_videogames

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Apparently, from what I have read, that game is harder to translate or something then any other FF game so we are stuck with not seeing it state side because no one can be stuffed translating it.

There was, once upon a time, a independent group? That was set to translate it but gave up because they didn't have the time and/or it was proving too hard to properly translate the full game.

Versatile Receiver

The files are ******** impossible to localise. Also, I didn't think the game was that good, personally. It's like, if you played The 3rd Birthday, imagine that game but with highschool students and magic instead of guns and Aya's boobs
REGINA SPEKT0R
The files are ******** impossible to localise. Also, I didn't think the game was that good, personally. It's like, if you played The 3rd Birthday, imagine that game but with highschool students and magic instead of guns and Aya's boobs
Why are they impossible to localize?

Also, how did you get your hands on it?

Versatile Receiver

Dr Geo
REGINA SPEKT0R

They're like encrypted weirdly or something. I remember reading what the group who attempted it said. It was something like the files being completely different compared to normal PSP games so they're extremely difficult to work with.

http://www.play-asia.com/final-fantasy-type-0-paOS-13-49-en-70-4bi5.html
REGINA SPEKT0R
Dr Geo
REGINA SPEKT0R

They're like encrypted weirdly or something. I remember reading what the group who attempted it said. It was something like the files being completely different compared to normal PSP games so they're extremely difficult to work with.

So you can read Moon talk?

I am impressed.

Versatile Receiver

Dr Geo
REGINA SPEKT0R
Dr Geo
REGINA SPEKT0R

So you can read Moon talk?

I am impressed.
How little you know about me Geoffrey emotion_awesome

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

Type-0 is annoying to translate for a number of reasons, and this extends into official localization as well. For one thing, it heavily delves into a variety of complex mythologies, most of which Westerners are not accustomed to and would require simplistic explanation. Then, it has SOOOO many text pages to translate. Like, remember XIII's datalog? Multiply that by a lot.

Then there's the excessive number of main characters that need voice work, and all of this is for a game on a system that is already dead in North America.

Although Sony's whatever-you-call it localization team has been trying to get games that people have been asking for over to NA/EU and Type-0 seems to be high on their list. So there's always that.

I personally didn't find it all that amazing. The ending hit hard but then you unlock the "true" ending or whatever they've decided to call it and it's all ruined.

Versatile Receiver

Cupcakesu
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

I personally didn't find it all that amazing.
Right? I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's like people who play the Japan exclusive games are determined to be like "A+++ best game ever, sucks for you to be a filthy non Japanese speaking foreigner who can't ever play this." The only Japanese exclusive I've ever found to be worth the import was X-2 International and we're getting that in English now anyway.
Quit raining on my parade you whores.

=[

Versatile Receiver

Dr Geo
Quit raining on my parade you whores.

=[
no emotion_awesome

7,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
Cupcakesu
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

Type-0 is annoying to translate for a number of reasons, and this extends into official localization as well. For one thing, it heavily delves into a variety of complex mythologies, most of which Westerners are not accustomed to and would require simplistic explanation. Then, it has SOOOO many text pages to translate. Like, remember XIII's datalog? Multiply that by a lot.

Then there's the excessive number of main characters that need voice work, and all of this is for a game on a system that is already dead in North America.

Although Sony's whatever-you-call it localization team has been trying to get games that people have been asking for over to NA/EU and Type-0 seems to be high on their list. So there's always that.

I personally didn't find it all that amazing. The ending hit hard but then you unlock the "true" ending or whatever they've decided to call it and it's all ruined.

The first time you play through the game with every possible thing going wrong, and then the new game + you realize that there is potential to actually do good and save the world now that you actually know the nature of what you're trying to stop. Screw you I liked the idea ;_;

Lonely Exhibitionist

Lonely Exhibitionist

Nafretiti
Apparently, from what I have read, that game is harder to translate or something then any other FF game so we are stuck with not seeing it state side because no one can be stuffed translating it.

There was, once upon a time, a independent group? That was set to translate it but gave up because they didn't have the time and/or it was proving too hard to properly translate the full game.

Are you sure Square didn't send them a cease and desist. They are pretty well known for sending those.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff