Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

So basicly i made this thread for discussing everything Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions.

What do you think of the power of the Zodiac stones?

Your perspective of the Nobles vs The Commoners.

Who is your favorite character in the game?

Have any questions of the game?

Prince Goltana of the Black Lion.

Prince Larg of the White Lion.

Order of the Northern Sky (Hokuten)

Order of the Southern Sky (Nanten)

Death Corps - The Commoners against the Nobles.

The Beoulve family of knights.

Gafgarion's Mercenary Group.

Murond Glabados Church - The Shrine Knights.

Delita's Goals .

Ramza's Goals.

If im missing anything listed you can state it and ill edit this area.

You can choose any of the topics above or just talk about anything related to Final Fantasy Tactics.

I dont mind a mention of other games shows and movies aslong as its related to Final Fantasy Tactics in some way. Like if something happened in a show that reminds you of Final Fantasy Tactics.

And all i ask is to not be rude.

User Image
User Image
Final Fantasy Tactics - Memories

Shy Genius

Love, love, love tactics. Or any FF with a job system.

I recently got to the last level and saved, but sadly am underleveled.

I want to research the end stage(s) and start over grinding and leveling jobs specifically for the end game so my next playthrough won't be wasted.

7,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
Barehanded + Dual weild = lolgame

Also, dat Wiegraf. One of my fave antagonists ever.
Absolute Claws
Barehanded + Dual weild = lolgame

Also, dat Wiegraf. One of my fave antagonists ever.

lol yeah monk with dual wield is overpowered but fun still. Also Wizard Calculator spamming Holy is lolgame too XD

My favorite character also is Zalbaag Beoulve. I remember when their keep was under attack and Alma was getting dragged and Zelbaag flies out of no where and pushes Alma to the side and stabs the kidnapper. Love that scenario.
Transatlantic Airship

Love, love, love tactics. Or any FF with a job system.

I recently got to the last level and saved, but sadly am underleveled.

I want to research the end stage(s) and start over grinding and leveling jobs specifically for the end game so my next playthrough won't be wasted.

Ah sucks you have to backtrack. Grinding is simple but time consuming.

Devoted Sage

Favorite game of all time. I love everything about it, all the way from the adorable graphics to the amazing and unique plot. The art style is one of the most interesting and creative styles I've seen.

I've always loved having a Geomancer. I know they weren't the best class in the game, but there's something about them I just love. Archers and Summoners are a close second.

Favorite characters were Teta, (Tietra?) Reis, (the dragon lady) and Ajora. None of them had a lot of time in the game (Ajora is mentioned more than seen) but they all had something I really enjoyed. Teta was just a sweet character, and the little time she had in the game had a huge impact on the story. Reis, while not a main character, was possibly the most fun person to control. Give her dual-wield with Rune swords and First-Strike and the woman will never die. Ajora was just bad-a**.

Unfortunately, while I remember much of the late part of the plot, I was too young to understand the whole war between Goltana and Larg. I do have my PSP and three hours to kill before class, though...
Altessa Belmont
Favorite game of all time. I love everything about it, all the way from the adorable graphics to the amazing and unique plot. The art style is one of the most interesting and creative styles I've seen.

I've always loved having a Geomancer. I know they weren't the best class in the game, but there's something about them I just love. Archers and Summoners are a close second.

Favorite characters were Teta, (Tietra?) Reis, (the dragon lady) and Ajora. None of them had a lot of time in the game (Ajora is mentioned more than seen) but they all had something I really enjoyed. Teta was just a sweet character, and the little time she had in the game had a huge impact on the story. Reis, while not a main character, was possibly the most fun person to control. Give her dual-wield with Rune swords and First-Strike and the woman will never die. Ajora was just bad-a**.

Unfortunately, while I remember much of the late part of the plot, I was too young to understand the whole war between Goltana and Larg. I do have my PSP and three hours to kill before class, though...

Basicly Goltana and Larg was fighting for the throne. And to this day i still dont understand why Zalbaag ordered Algus to shoot Teta to get to the kidnapper. I thought that whole mission was to go save poor Teta sad But even so i still really like Zalbaag hes just too blind with his family honor.

Devoted Sage

KiraiKunai
Altessa Belmont

Basicly Goltana and Larg was fighting for the throne. And to this day i still dont understand why Zalbaag ordered Algus to shoot Teta to get to the kidnapper. I thought that whole mission was to go save poor Teta sad But even so i still really like Zalbaag hes just too blind with his family honor.

Wasn't Zalbaag already suffering from some sort of influence from the Dycedarg, be it orders or just unknown and unwilling submission? Either way, it was a depressing scene sad I hate Algus so much lol. I spent the whole time playing wishing I could just let him die somewhere.

7,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
Altessa Belmont
KiraiKunai
Altessa Belmont

Wasn't Zalbaag already suffering from some sort of influence from the Dycedarg, be it orders or just unknown and unwilling submission? Either way, it was a depressing scene sad I hate Algus so much lol. I spent the whole time playing wishing I could just let him die somewhere.

I believe the orders were to kill/destroy the corpse brigade. Who would risk destroying their enemy in one move if its at the cost of a single, unimportant serf?

Devoted Sage

Absolute Claws
Altessa Belmont
KiraiKunai
Altessa Belmont

I believe the orders were to kill/destroy the corpse brigade. Who would risk destroying their enemy in one move if its at the cost of a single, unimportant serf?

Exactly :/ It was one of those scenes used to motivate Delita's hatred for the wealthy, and at that moment you couldn't really blame him. I need to beat War of the Lions to see all the scenes they remade. Don't really care for the voice acting, but watching the art come to life is worth it.

7,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
Altessa Belmont
Absolute Claws
Altessa Belmont
KiraiKunai
Altessa Belmont

Exactly :/ It was one of those scenes used to motivate Delita's hatred for the wealthy, and at that moment you couldn't really blame him. I need to beat War of the Lions to see all the scenes they remade. Don't really care for the voice acting, but watching the art come to life is worth it.

Indeed. I personally think the animated cutscenes in War of the Lions is some of the most beautiful I have ever seen. Unfortunately, they aren't used often, and they aren't used for big events that would have been amazing to see - most of them go like this:

Delita talks to Ramza about how he is going to end up on top - screen blacks out - a single thought - return to scene in awkward silence.

It works every now and then, but it becomes very obvious after a while.
Absolute Claws
Altessa Belmont
Absolute Claws
Altessa Belmont
KiraiKunai
Altessa Belmont

Indeed. I personally think the animated cutscenes in War of the Lions is some of the most beautiful I have ever seen. Unfortunately, they aren't used often, and they aren't used for big events that would have been amazing to see - most of them go like this:

Delita talks to Ramza about how he is going to end up on top - screen blacks out - a single thought - return to scene in awkward silence.

It works every now and then, but it becomes very obvious after a while.

Yeah i can really see that Zalbaag is really a good man. Blah yeah sad scene. XD But yeah, I wonder if the person that made the art to the war of the lions, Did anymore art to look at.
Does anyone have a character they truely dislike? Mine is Algus. I really dislike people like him that think they are superior then everyone else and goes as far as to insult others that are not Noble. I know thats common of the Noble folk against the Commoners. But Algus took it nto the next level in my opinion. I wish i could leave him to die when you find him. That reminds me Delita said he hes gonna save him rather Ramza agree's or not. And Algus just insults him in the end and killed Teta."This man saved my life! Oh but his a commoner so ill just kill his sister" Just hate Algus so much.

Devoted Sage

Hate Algus. Hated him in the past, nearly threw my PSP whenever I had to deal with him today. Thank god I'm getting to the point where he leaves.

I really disliked Wiegraf, even before he turned out to be evil. Something about him just bugged me, and then I got to kill him, and the world was a happy place once more.
You should totally scrounge up some images and make the OP spiffy, btw.

I liked Summoners and Calculators the best.

Also, I never really liked Algus either lol

Oh and was it Zalbag who told Ramza not to talk to Algus because he was just a commoner?

Zalbag was VERY proud.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces