Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Reveler

9,550 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
You know what I mean, they're in all of the Final Fantasy games. Those side quests where it usually involved some game mechanic only known to that game. Either that or usually involved Chocobos in some way or another. In some instances, usually are the lighter way of getting end-game armors/weapons.

So, tell me, what is your opinion on them? Do you go all out on side quests being a perfectionist?

Liberal Reveler

9,550 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I have a lot of mixed thoughts about them. On one hand, you can get the best armors and weapons in the game by doing this. Of course there are usually other methods for getting the equipments. I do like the idea of doing them just for fun.
The one I remember being related to FFVII where you had to breed chocobos for the fabled golden variety that you could get the Knights of the Round materia. A materia that helped me eventually defeat both Ruby and Diamond weapons.
My favorite side quests are probably gonna be from FF12. I just love looking for marks because it takes me away from the story and lets me explore places I might not have known about and it's fun trying to find the perfect way of defeating the mark, plus I get to read new entries in the bestiary.

Liberal Reveler

9,550 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Shadawn
My favorite side quests are probably gonna be from FF12. I just love looking for marks because it takes me away from the story and lets me explore places I might not have known about and it's fun trying to find the perfect way of defeating the mark, plus I get to read new entries in the bestiary.

I always loved doing that.

Liberal Reveler

9,550 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Runescythe9852
The one I remember being related to FFVII where you had to breed chocobos for the fabled golden variety that you could get the Knights of the Round materia. A materia that helped me eventually defeat both Ruby and Diamond weapons.

I could never figure out how to do all that stuff. =/
CrossingthoseHills
Runescythe9852

There was a pretty simple guide that showed you how to do it.

Liberal Reveler

9,550 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Runescythe9852
CrossingthoseHills
Runescythe9852

Yeah, I know. I was just bad at it.
CrossingthoseHills
Runescythe9852
CrossingthoseHills
Runescythe9852

Honestly, its just alot of racing and partially luck in the breeding.

Liberal Reveler

9,550 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Runescythe9852
CrossingthoseHills
Runescythe9852
CrossingthoseHills
Runescythe9852

I realize this. Didn't interest me in the slightest.
CrossingthoseHills
Runescythe9852
CrossingthoseHills
Runescythe9852
CrossingthoseHills
Runescythe9852

In a game that requires you to have the best of the best to fight the hardest of the hard, sometimes there was no getting around it. Fighting Ruby weapon was hard and that was about the only only other way of getting the gold chocobo.

Liberal Reveler

9,550 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Runescythe9852
CrossingthoseHills
Runescythe9852
CrossingthoseHills
Runescythe9852

In a game that requires you to have the best of the best to fight the hardest of the hard, sometimes there was no getting around it. Fighting Ruby weapon was hard and that was about the only only other way of getting the gold chocobo.

I basically just skipped all that.

Sparkly Dabbler

9,600 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I only do them until they get difficult. I enjoy the opportunity to do them but I don't feel the need to complete them all especially when they start making me want to tear my hair out. I play the games in the first place for the story and characters. I don't care to get stressed out over an optional boss if they are too difficult or put in all the leveling time and what not it might take to kill them. I already get stressed enough on some final bosses, like defeating Ultimecia. sweatdrop
I did spend a lot of time on hunts in 12 but I ditched them once I got near the end of the game and reached the last few hunts that got progressively harder.

Liberal Reveler

9,550 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
AppleSpiceKat
I only do them until they get difficult. I enjoy the opportunity to do them but I don't feel the need to complete them all especially when they start making me want to tear my hair out. I play the games in the first place for the story and characters. I don't care to get stressed out over an optional boss if they are too difficult or put in all the leveling time and what not it might take to kill them. I already get stressed enough on some final bosses, like defeating Ultimecia. sweatdrop
I did spend a lot of time on hunts in 12 but I ditched them once I got near the end of the game and reached the last few hunts that got progressively harder.

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel about it.

Greedy Fatcat

Sidequests are fantastic. A fair amount of sidequests relate to the story anyway. PLUS, I love a good challenge, nothing gets mah d**k hard more than beating the strongest boss in the game or whatnot. I can honestly say I took extreme joy in killing all the Marks in XII, Racing and breeding chocobos in VII (And X for what it was worth), getting a sky chocobo and killing ozma in IX. It's like taking the scenic route as far as I'm concerned. It's all worth it for me biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff