Thoughts on Record Keeper?

Pretty good. I like it! 0.31428571428571 31.4% [ 11 ]
Good, but I hate missing on the goods! 0.17142857142857 17.1% [ 6 ]
Disasterrific. 0.17142857142857 17.1% [ 6 ]
... Whatever. 0.34285714285714 34.3% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 35 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Friendly Bookworm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Greetings all.

News:
Square Enix announced the arrival of a new mobile game called "Final Fantasy: Record Keeper" to be coming to North American soil on Feb. 26th, 2015. The release date for North America was on March 26, 2015. The game was released in Japan on Sept. 24th, 2014.

Update 3/26/15
Record Keeper was finally released to all iOS and Android devices! Pre-registrees received word via email and were able to redeem any pre-register goods!

The email states:
Quote:
Thank you for pre-registering and helping unlock all four rewards! You can find Warrior and Tidus in your in-game Item chest when you play with in the first week after launch.

Also. Tips on the game will be posted on the Final Fantasy Record Keeper Facebook Page and a link to the strategy guide is also provided. (Links are posted at end of post!)

Update: 4/21/15
New dungeons were added to Record Keeper. Players can now explore the new realms of Final Fantasy I and II. Complete with retro 8-Bit music!

Update: 5/14/15
New dungeons were added to Record Keeper. Players can now explore the new realms of Final Fantasys III, VIII, and XIII!

Update: 6/4/15
A recently announcement was made to add more features to Record Keeper.
The following will be added to RK, Level Cap Break, Record Materia, Quests, Roaming Warriors, Friends, Battle Speed and Dungeon Info.

What is Record Keeper?

Prologue
In a glorious kingdom that thrives on the harmony between magic and art, epic tales of valor and hope have been passed from one generation to the next. The records of these great chronicles uphold the peace and prosperity of all civilization. The kingdom sealed these records inside paintings, to safeguard the balance of the world. That is until, without warning, the records within the paintings began to fade away... Darkness fell upon the world, bringing catastrophe and ruin. The time has come for you to save the kingdom’s future.

In this game, you build a five character party along with the main character, Tyro, in which you travel to various Final Fantasy worlds with Final Fantasy party members.

This game will also feature limited time events to be completed in a set amount of time to go through special dungeons.

Events:
FINAL FANTASY VIII EVENT: SEED EXAM
Avaiable 7/21/15 until

ENDING SOON:
FINAL FANTASY X EVENT

RELIC DRAW EVENT:

RELIC EVENTS ENDING SOON

*Note: These relics is not guaranteed on any draw. All other previous relic event items are still in the draw!

Daily Events:
These events are held daily to ensure that you get EXP, gil, and items to help out. They range from Easy, Normal, and Hard. There's a different event each day. A simple note that if the day has a certain theme (ex. Monday is FFX), to have characters from that game in the party to get stronger (ex. On Mondays, you should put Tidus and/or Wakka in the party. etc.)

The list:
Monday: FFX's Ice, Wind, Non-Elemental, and Holy Orbs!
Tuesday: FFVI's Weapon Upgrade Materials!
Wednesday: FFII's Black, White, and Power Orbs... and Gil!
Thursday: FFIV's Fire, Dark, Earth, and Lightning Orbs!
Friday: FFVII's Armor Upgrade Materials!
Saturday: Gil for all!
Sunday: EXP for all!

FAQ:

What's coming out of my wallet?
At the moment, this game is free to download. As for any DLC, the only thing that involves your wallet is Gems, a currency in the game you can purchase in place of in-game obtained Mythril to spend on upgrades, relics, etc.

Will I battle "So-and-so?"
Give or take, we shall see who we will battle. So far, all thirteen of the main series Final Fantasy games will be featured in this game as 2-D sprites. (No idea if XIV or XV, or even spin-offs, will join just yet. Maybe as special events?)

Is this for iOS or Android?
This game will be for both iOS and Android mobile devices.

I didn't get a character in an event/dungeon. How else would I obtain them?
UPDATE JUNE 2015: In a recent announcement, Square Enix will be offering those who missed characters a chance to get them in upcoming events.
UPDATE JULY 2015: Some characters after missed events can also be claimed in the Bonus Quests tab, starting with Tidus and Lenna.
*Note: If you already claimed a character but wish to complete the event/quest, you will be rewarded with Growth Eggs instead.

I didn't get my [insert big, fancy, well-known Final Fantasy] weapon in the Relic Draw! What gives?!
It is always noted under the special event Relic Draws that "The equipment shown above is not guaranteed on any draw." The chances of getting it during the event times are higher than other 5 Star items. Once the event is closed, the ratio is back to normal, but the weapon is still in the draw. (Ex. The first relic event item was the Buster Sword, after the event, you can still have a chance to get it if you pull it in the Rare Relic Draw.)

More Info:
Official NA Website - Final Fantasy: Record Keeper
Final Fantasy: Record Keeper's Official Facebook Page
Final Fantasy: Record Keeper Official Stratedgy Guide
Final Fantasy Wikia Article: Final Fantasy Record Keeper

Trailer:
This actually looks real cool.

And don't fool yourself.

There will be DLC. Its the age we live in.

Friendly Bookworm

Dr Geo

And don't fool yourself.

Knowing Square Enix, this I know. But at the moment, no DLC has been mentioned or heard of yet. But I'm not saying that it won't happen. 99.9% chance that it will.
Laili
Dr Geo

And don't fool yourself.

Knowing Square Enix, this I know. But at the moment, no DLC has been mentioned or heard of yet. But I'm not saying that it won't happen. 99.9% chance that it will.
Unfortunate. Not just Square Enix though. Every company does it now.
I guess I'll try it if it's free. : p

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Stupid question but I take it it is under 'Final Fantasy Record Keeper'? Because if it isn't it is probably why I can't find it.

Friendly Bookworm

Nafretiti
Stupid question but I take it it is under 'Final Fantasy Record Keeper'? Because if it isn't it is probably why I can't find it.

I'm a little confused on your question. D:

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Laili
Nafretiti

In other words, on android, not showing up unless it's under something else

Friendly Bookworm

Nafretiti
Laili
Nafretiti

It hasn't been released in North America yet. You're able to pre-register to be notified when it is out on Google Play.

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Laili
Nafretiti
Laili
Nafretiti

It hasn't been released in North America yet. You're able to pre-register to be notified when it is out on Google Play.

My apologies, I read that as coming to NA shores and thus ignored release date thinking it was the same thing.

Brain fart my moment

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100
I like it. It's not deep but it's fun! The DLC is mostly more play time and level-ups. You play the kid in the hat and you go into portraits of FF scenes and it recaps the game and has you battle pixel monsters and bosses. You start out with mages for your party but you get summon monsters and Cloud pretty fast. In Japan there's a new event pretty much every month. And it's the #1 game (or still in the top at least) on Mobage. You can't turn around without seeing an ad for it over there! cat_lol
I just got the e-mail today and downloaded it. It's something to pass the time I suppose. I'll be more excited when I get into the later FF games and get to use my favourite characters.

Friendly Bookworm

I had to take a moment to find my email (I use Gmail) in order to get the app. Check your promotions tab if you are not finding it.

I just got home from work, and about to grab my tablet to download it and try it out!

... So much for reading tonight. xp
I downloaded this like two hours ago, I haven't stopped playing. (Except when I ran out of stamina once...) ******** amazing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff