Welcome to Gaia! ::

As a longtime fan of the series, I've played many of them casually and thought of something special to do with that.

I've come up with a little friendly challenge to do, which I've called the Final Fantasy Gauntlet Run. Someone might have come up with this or something similar, and any coincidences are purely accidental.

Rules of the Gauntlet

1. Beginning on a day of the person's choosing (I'll be starting January 1), that person will have one year to complete the following games of the series: Final Fantasy I through X, X-2, and ending with XII. This means that there will be twelve games for twelve months.

2. Games are to be completed in order.

3. Time is not restricted to a single month for each game, in case one is finished early or more time is needed to complete one.

4. Each game is completed upon defeating the final boss and watching the end credits. Extra dungeons, weapons, and sidequests do not need to be completed and are optional.

5. Glitches and major skips are permitted.

6. Any platform can be used for games that exist on multiple platforms, including Steam and PSN.

7. Walkthroughs are both permitted and encouraged.

8. Gauntlet is considered finished if all required games are finished in the one year timeframe. Additional games (XIII, Mystic Quest, etc.) may be completed for additional bragging rights.

Eloquent Explorer

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Pfft, walk in the park. I've completed Final Fantasies is less than a week before.
In fact if we consider that on average if it takes 30 hours to complete (in reality most of them are probably less) then you need less than an hour a day.

Up the stakes a bit, and add in another requirement. You have to get your main character (or at least one character) to level 99 and acquire their ultimate weapon.

Final Fantasy
Must have a Knight at max level with either Excalibur (original) or Ultima Weapon (Dawn of Souls onwards)

FFII
Firion at max level and Masamune (original/advance/Dawn of Souls) or Ragnarok (PSP)

FFIII
Any character, maxed Onion Knight and Onion Sword

FFIV
Maxed Cecil and Lightbringer

FFV
Maxed Barts and Ragnarok

FFVI
Maxed Terra and Ultima Weapon

FFVII
Maxed Cloud and Ultima Weapon

FFVIII
Maxed Squall and Lionheart

FFIX
Maxed Zidane and Ultima Weapon

FFX
Have Tidus complete his Sphere Gird path and at least two other characters, plus Caladbolg.

FFX-2
Have Yuna max out Floral Fallal

FFXII
Max Vaan and have the Tournesol (or Wyrnhero Blade for bragging rights)
Thanks for the idea. I've never done anything like this and just went off the top of my head, but you actually make my idea seem really feasible.

I might add your idea and seperate it in to two categories: Casual and Hardcore. Casual would be simply beating each game and Hardcore would be maxing out a main character and getting their best weapon.

Again, thanks for the input.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces