Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have any of you actually played it? Recently bought myself a copy and man, these battles seem to take forever.
I'm sure everyone has. It's just, folk around here don't like new people.

Don't take it to heart.
Didn't expect a community of this magnitude to have that kind of mindset.

Oh well.
I have it, don't play the NES version much since later Final Fantasy games are much better, not even just from a story perspective but in terms of overall gameplay and mechanics. Most of us have just been spoiled by the later games and can't easily go back to the early age of the series. Personally if I play it, I play the PSP/iOS version and I like to pretend it's a cross-over game and base my party off other Final Fantasy characters.

Super Gawker

I never played it on NES, but have emulated the NES to play it.

Im still old as balls today, but when you're 2 years old, it makes it difficult to buy games on your own. All I knew or ever wanted as a 2 year old with an NES was Mario, Zelda, and Duckhunt.
Sephimaru Solez
I have it, don't play the NES version much since later Final Fantasy games are much better, not even just from a story perspective but in terms of overall gameplay and mechanics. Most of us have just been spoiled by the later games and can't easily go back to the early age of the series. Personally if I play it, I play the PSP/iOS version and I like to pretend it's a cross-over game and base my party off other Final Fantasy characters.

I see what you mean. This is actually my first time attempting to fully play it, although I have tried the revisions for the GBA and PSP at least once or twice. I can see why people would choose those over the NES version, the game mechanics are completely different.

Amateur Prophet

I can still remember when I was a kid and I went to a Kaybee toys and found a brand new and sealed copy of FF in a bargain bin. I played the hell out of that game, even got the Nintendo Power guide. I still have it, although the box and manuals are pretty beat to hell.
TheDiceman
I can still remember when I was a kid and I went to a Kaybee toys and found a brand new and sealed copy of FF in a bargain bin. I played the hell out of that game, even got the Nintendo Power guide. I still have it, although the box and manuals are pretty beat to hell.

Holy s**t. I completely forgot that Kaybee toys existed until this post. That was one of my favorites stores back in the day, as well as Funcoland, which is now known as Gamestop/EBgames.

I'm actually pretty stuck at the moment. Recently beat the pirates for their ship over in the second town and did some grinding for better equips. I have no idea where to go now.

Amateur Prophet

After you get the ship I think you have to head over to the elf town/castle.

Versatile Receiver

Dr Geo

Don't take it to heart.
We also don't take too kindly to you tellin' newbies about our religion, son.
Nope, never. Did not get my first console until PS2.
The only thing I've ever played on the NES is Mario.
REGINA SPEKT0R
Dr Geo

Don't take it to heart.
We also don't take too kindly to you tellin' newbies about our religion, son.
I apologize.

Sparkly Dabbler

9,600 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I've only played the GBA version which is super easy. And for me personally...really boring. I don't think a higher difficultly level would make me find the game anymore interesting (not meaning to put down anyone who does like the very first game). sweatdrop

Sparkly Explorer

Don't feel like you're special for playing it. It's an awful game. NES Dragon Quest all the way.

It just feels like a big grindfest with a broken battle system (not that.. Not that NES Dragon Quest wasn't that..). I'm sure if I could get into the game long enough to know what I'm actually doing or where I'm supposed to go and then hear the storyline, I'd like it a lot more, but it suffers from the 'wandering until you go to the wrong area and die' Final Fantasy syndrome.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff