Welcome to Gaia! ::

Another iOS Final Fantasy game.

Woo! *waves iPhone/iPad* 0.2 20.0% [ 4 ]
That better come out on Andriod too! *waves Android* 0.25 25.0% [ 5 ]
How much more money am I spending on DLC? *lint comes out of wallet* 0.2 20.0% [ 4 ]
Meh. Next topic. :/ 0.35 35.0% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 20 ]
1 2 >

Friendly Bookworm

A new game is being put out on the iOS (unknown if it'll be out for Android, and it better!) featuring what will be the largest party a Final Fantasy game with have.

The Story:
A gate between dimensions has opened and has linked worlds to each other, unleashing evil everywhere. The heroes, each with crystals to behold, come together in large parties to fight them off.

Features:
- monsters and bosses from all sorts of Final Fantasys.
- FFV versions of the sprites.
- ATB system.
- Fever: Every three hours, you can sit back without waiting on the ATB and watch hell be unleashed on your enemies as the Chocobo Theme plays.
- Characters, music, and enemies from other Final Fantasys can be unlocked and cataloged.
- DLC: You can purchase premium characters and airship tickets to VII, X, and XIII. (You can go to Midgar, Zanarkand, and Archylte Steppe.)

The trailer:

The main website:
[url[http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ff_atb/en/index.html
(Can be translated to English)

So, yes, no, maybe? Like?
somehow watching this makes me laugh.

But great. Now just allow us to use all party members at once in every FF from now on and I'll be happy.

Friendly Bookworm

I hope it'll also be out for Android phones. I just opted to get a Samsung Galaxy 3 over an iPhone and I'll be bummed if this doesn't get ported as well.

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I had to laugh at this as well when I just saw it on Facebook, it seems some what amusing seeing a bunch of black mages, white mages, warriors etc fighting at once, especially when you think that the poor bomb you just kicked the a** of would of had its a** kicked easily by just one or two rounds from one character, talk about overkill. XD

But I would love to get this game but alas I am not up with all the latest gadgets, maybe if I could find a job I would be able to afford a better phone.
I don't have an iphone or an Android, but I sorta kinda want it?! xD

I'm kinda hoping that they would have every playable FF character in sprite form and also have character customization, (like sprite recolors/?!) but maybe that's hoping for too much, ey?

Versatile Receiver

Laili
I hope it'll also be out for Android phones. I just opted to get a Samsung Galaxy 3 over an iPhone and I'll be bummed if this doesn't get ported as well.
I still have an SGS2. DARN YOU!!!! -fist waving-

But seriously my boyfriend bought this because he has an iPhone and it's quite a lot of fun. There's not a lot of skill to it, and unless you want to buy hourglasses you'll be grinding quite a lot. There's also a LOT of DLC which is not so good considering the game already costs $4.50AUD (idk the USD price). Really if your game already costs money don't make me spend another $35 on characters.

Edit: According to Kotaku, it costs $52 to buy every piece of DLC, on top of the original game. Awesome.

Friendly Bookworm

Yes, I read about all that. And the video of the gameplay was a bit of a let down. Might be a fun one for kids (It's easy.) but yeah... I'm not spending $52 on DLC. I'm more interested in getting Airborne Brigade than any other game. (Which to my knowledge doesn't have a lot of DLC)

TheatRhythm I think still has the highest price for DLC if purchased on tablets or smartphones with $132 American. I simply wrote "You're better off with the 3DS version."

Versatile Receiver

Laili
Yes, I read about all that. And the video of the gameplay was a bit of a let down. Might be a fun one for kids (It's easy.) but yeah... I'm not spending $52 on DLC. I'm more interested in getting Airborne Brigade than any other game. (Which to my knowledge doesn't have a lot of DLC)

TheatRhythm I think still has the highest price for DLC if purchased on tablets or smartphones with $132 American. I simply wrote "You're better off with the 3DS version."
The 3DS version has something like $115 of DLC songs available too, and the iOS version has like 13 extra characters to be bought or something. I don't know if there's any gameplay differences, but unfortunately the iOS version seems to be superior in terms of content. Which is ******** bullshit because the 3DS version is the god damn console version.

My 3DS copy was $34, which + $115 is $149 for everything. $132 for everything in the iOS version is MORE CONTENT for less money, in a port that was not announced for a long time. Not acceptable Square-Enix. Stop pulling this s**t with your mobile games.

Edit: I re-read this, sorry if it comes off as me trying to aggressively correct you, I just wanted to point out that the 3DS version is also bad unfortunately.

Shadowy Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
I got this due to my fanboy urges, and boy what a let down, its just a matter of sliding your finger up and down the screen.
Its similar to FFXIIIs battle system in a sense that its so automatic and no strategy that its so pointless. Good concept, terrible execution

Friendly Bookworm

REGINA SPEKT0R
Laili

The 3DS version has something like $115 of DLC songs available too, and the iOS version has like 13 extra characters to be bought or something. I don't know if there's any gameplay differences, but unfortunately the iOS version seems to be superior in terms of content. Which is ******** bullshit because the 3DS version is the god damn console version.

My 3DS copy was $34, which + $115 is $149 for everything. $132 for everything in the iOS version is MORE CONTENT for less money, in a port that was not announced for a long time. Not acceptable Square-Enix. Stop pulling this s**t with your mobile games.

Edit: I re-read this, sorry if it comes off as me trying to aggressively correct you, I just wanted to point out that the 3DS version is also bad unfortunately.

Actually, I didn't know the full price for the 3DS DLC. No worries.

I know my Dissidia 012 game, I only bought the outfits. That was it.
I keep hoping that SE is gonna pull themselves outta this rut that they're in. Because every time I see something that looks innovative and fresh, it turns out to be all show and no strategy.

Oh, and now they're buying into all the overpriced DLC garbage that every other company already beat them to. Better late than never? Hardly. Afraid to say I'll be giving this one a pass.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

This game is getting ABYSMAL ratings so far. On metacritic I believe it's sitting at 20%. o;
Cupcakesu
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

This game is getting ABYSMAL ratings so far. On metacritic I believe it's sitting at 20%. o;
Yikessss. I just read those reviews. For the past two or three years, I keep thinking Square Enix can't sink any lower, but they just keep proving me wrong. I really just can't even understand how one company can make so many bad decisions.

Versatile Receiver

Laili
REGINA SPEKT0R
Laili

Outfits are awesome. I will pay money for outfits. Square-Enix seems to know this emotion_donotwant

I would not be surprised if there was more than one DLC only outfit available for Lightning Returns. With really good stats and abilities.

Friendly Bookworm

REGINA SPEKT0R
Laili
REGINA SPEKT0R
Laili

Outfits are awesome. I will pay money for outfits. Square-Enix seems to know this emotion_donotwant

I would not be surprised if there was more than one DLC only outfit available for Lightning Returns. With really good stats and abilities.

And they do actually!! biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces