Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kudasai_Ai_Watashi mo's Significant Otter

Demonic Detective

11,275 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Over Easy 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
Who Do you think was the worst/most dissapointing boss fight? Personally I think it was Vayne. It was a let down to me...

Shy Conversationalist

7,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
FFX. Not Yu Yevon - I don't consider that a final boss so much as an interactive epilogue battle, ala Shirtless Sephiroth. No, I'm talking about Final Aeon Jecht. Sure, he *looked* nice, and it made sense as a fight, but they just tossed in that obnoxious Otherworld music. I mean... it's the final boss, at least remix it instead of using the exact same music as the intro scene of the game! gonk

...Of course, if nitpicks about soundtrack choice don't count as a valid complaint, then I'll go with Necron of IX. You beat Kuja, think you've won the game and then SUDDENLY there's a new evil mastermind. He wasn't even loosely related to the story, he just - and I paraphrase here - walks up to you and says "Oh! Hi! I was watching you guys fighting, and it made me a bit depressed about the state of the universe. I think I'm going to destroy it now. Ok, bye~!"

He wasn't even as visually impressive as Kuja tossing out his Ultima variations. If you're going to steal the spotlight at the last minute, at least do it in a stylish, awe-inspiring manner. emo

EDIT: Special mention for Zeromus. That was just silly. sweatdrop
Most people will say Yu Yevon. So to break the monotony, I'd say either the Emperor from FFII because he's way too easy (via bloodsword)...or the Cloud of Darkness from FFIII because she's way too damn hard.

Granted, I think Neo Exdeath, Zeromus, Necron, and Vayne the Undying are all much harder than CoD, but the fact that you have to do the entire crystal tower, defeat Xande, survive the World of Darkness, take out all four Dark Warriors, and if you want an even better chance of surviving, take out four of Xande's ghosts, AND defeat the still difficult Cloud of Darkness, ALL without a single savepoint is what makes her so goddamn hard.

Fated Paladin

Difficulty-wise, I found Emperor (both Dark and Light versions), Not-DS Zeromus, Neo Exdeath, Kefka, Safer Sephiroth, Genesis, Braska's Final Aeon (fff not counting Yevon emotion_awesome ), Shuyin, The Undying, AND Ultima all stupidly easy. :I

Though, I actually do like about half of those final bosses appearance and plot-wise, so it's slightly less underwhelming to beat them. =w=

7,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
I'm just going to throw XIV's Nael van Darnus/Nael deus Darnus boss fight from before the storyline is removed (maybe?) as part of the GIANT RED MOON FALLS DOWN AND KILLS EVERYONE revamping XIV plot. The music is awesome, the area looks ... bizarre, but in an awesome way, the fight itself is well built up, the villain is charming in his insanity.

But ... because of the nature of the MMO battle system, the fight just feels so slow and is all about positioning surprised That seems like it would take out all the excitement of it, but I guess others would argue.

Anything else I'd argue has probably already been said, so yeah.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
User Image

gaia_angelleft yum_puddi gaia_angelright

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Orphan and Barthandelus. @_@;
He was almost as easy as Yu Yevon.
Orphan was really easy, but at least from a character design standpoint, he's my favorite in the series so I actually really enjoyed the battle.
I think I have to give it to Necron just for the sheer fact he is in no way tied to the game at all or mentioned before dropping in on you and deciding to destroy everything.

But boss fights disappointing would be Vayne, Yu Yevon and Kefka.

My favourite last boss fight is against Ultimecia in FF8 because it goes for ages, and really feels like the battle to end all battles.
Cupcakesu
User Image

Funny. When I fist heard about them (or at least orphan), people were complaining about their difficulty. =.=
Yu Yevon. Everybody is thinking it; but it's true...

Put Zombie on it and it's basically the battle over from there. I've even heard that you can cast a Phoenix Down or it for a one-hit- kill which is even worse.
MooMooJuice
Cupcakesu

Funny. When I fist heard about them (or at least orphan), people were complaining about their difficulty. =.=
That's probably because they really believed there was an "auto-win" button, then couldn't figure out what was going on when they kept losing.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
gothiccat66
Yu Yevon. Everybody is thinking it; but it's true...

Put Zombie on it and it's basically the battle over from there. I've even heard that you can cast a Phoenix Down or it for a one-hit- kill which is even worse.
User Image

He's susceptible to just about every instant win technique. Zombie + Phoenix Down, Death, etc.

Orphan is also susceptible to Death. Technically Vanille can ohko him. o;

Dangerous Lunatic

8,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Wall Street 200
Raemyi
FFX. Not Yu Yevon - I don't consider that a final boss so much as an interactive epilogue battle, ala Shirtless Sephiroth. No, I'm talking about Final Aeon Jecht. Sure, he *looked* nice, and it made sense as a fight, but they just tossed in that obnoxious Otherworld music. I mean... it's the final boss, at least remix it instead of using the exact same music as the intro scene of the game! gonk

...Of course, if nitpicks about soundtrack choice don't count as a valid complaint, then I'll go with Necron of IX. You beat Kuja, think you've won the game and then SUDDENLY there's a new evil mastermind. He wasn't even loosely related to the story, he just - and I paraphrase here - walks up to you and says "Oh! Hi! I was watching you guys fighting, and it made me a bit depressed about the state of the universe. I think I'm going to destroy it now. Ok, bye~!"

He wasn't even as visually impressive as Kuja tossing out his Ultima variations. If you're going to steal the spotlight at the last minute, at least do it in a stylish, awe-inspiring manner. emo

EDIT: Special mention for Zeromus. That was just silly. sweatdrop

hence the birth of the term "Necron moment"

even though it's happened before.

Kirjava444's Honey Bun

Perfect Exhibitionist

Vayne was horribly disappointing for me. ._.

Friendly Lunatic

8,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
necron, just wtf? felt like the fight was over in less than a minute.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff