Welcome to Gaia! ::

First FF game I ever played please don't hate me
but uhh i gotta say that it's such a pretty game and I kinda like lightning's look and Serah is cute and the battle system is cool BUT IT'S SO ******** BORING OF A GAME. for many reasons if you played it you dont need me to tell you why it's so damn boring.
I swear to god if FF vs XIII sucks im going to be so mad
So if you people could recommend me any FF games that'd be great because i'd like to know why the series is loved so much. I didn't grow up playing RPG's i was more of like a racing/sonic/monster rancher type of gamer when i was really young.
so help a brotha out

Jaeroon's Husbando

Distrustful Human

8,575 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Jack-pot 100
People are going to tell you to play 7 because they think it's the greatest game ever, but I'd play 9, 8's good if you figure out the mechanics, 10 was ok, but 10-2 sucked really badly. Tactics Advanced 2 is really good.

Desirable Lover

9,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
I liked XIII, but that's just me.

Play IV. It's one of the shorter ones (considering it was originally a SNES game), but it's pretty fun and on quite a few platforms:

PSN
PSP
GBA
DS
iOS
Android

PSP, iOS, and Android would probably be the cheapest ($16 on iOS/Android)
DS would be the hardest to find though.

Though, the PSP has it, and it's 2 sequels.
Why do you think it's boring? Yes I have played it, but I don't know.
If you think it's too easy, just play it some more. Especially if you like the battle system like you say you do. It gets more difficult. It's one of the most challenging games in the series. But it does take time to get that hard.

But if you want other suggestions: My favorites are VII, X, and IV.
VI is also worth checking out, although I feel the gameplay isn't entirely interesting compared to other games. Great story though.
nonsugarnoki
but uhh i gotta say that it's such a pretty game and I kinda like lightning's look and Serah is cute and the battle system is cool BUT IT'S SO ******** BORING OF A GAME. for many reasons if you played it you dont need me to tell you why it's so damn boring.
So if you people could recommend me any FF games that'd be great because i'd like to know why the series is loved so much. I didn't grow up playing RPG's i was more of like a racing/sonic/monster rancher type of gamer when i was really young.
so help a brotha out
Versus XIII is now officially Final Fantasy XV, just so you know.

And I would recommend FFX as a jumping point. The most popular games in the series (and most universally accepted as such) are probably FF6, 7, 9, and 10. Roughly half the fanbase hates FFXIII, so it doesn't surprise me if you don't like it. But anyway I recommend FFX because it's still relatively recent (well, 12 years, but it doesn't take a lot of adjusting to like the older games). It's arguably the best story in the franchise, and the graphics, while dated are still quite nice. You should know that the first three hours or so are kind of slow. But once it hits its stride, you won't want to stop.
Kuja9113
nonsugarnoki
so help a brotha out
Versus XIII is now officially Final Fantasy XV, just so you know.

And I would recommend FFX as a jumping point. The most popular games in the series (and most universally accepted as such) are probably FF6, 7, 9, and 10. Roughly half the fanbase hates FFXIII, so it doesn't surprise me if you don't like it. But anyway I recommend FFX because it's still relatively recent (well, 12 years, but it doesn't take a lot of adjusting to like the older games). It's arguably the best story in the franchise, and the graphics, while dated are still quite nice. You should know that the first three hours or so are kind of slow. But once it hits its stride, you won't want to stop.

Thanks for the help. Yeah when I was buying FF XIII the guy was like "why are you buying this piece of crap game?" i told him it was my first FF game and he was like "oh you might actually like this then". he probably thinks im some moron. I'll check out 10 I think I seen one at this game store near my house. and I really dont mind graphics im not going to not play a game just because its old or something. thanks again
Bongardo
Why do you think it's boring? Yes I have played it, but I don't know.
If you think it's too easy, just play it some more. Especially if you like the battle system like you say you do. It gets more difficult. It's one of the most challenging games in the series. But it does take time to get that hard.

But if you want other suggestions: My favorites are VII, X, and IV.
VI is also worth checking out, although I feel the gameplay isn't entirely interesting compared to other games. Great story though.

The game seems super dumbed down just like every other game made in the past 5 years. It just walks you through the game like you're a child. I like the battle system but I seriously hate playing as certain characters it's really annoying and slow sometimes. Lately i've been really bored of games because the stories are just really lame or something like that. I'll check out VII since my friend has that one. I think he has X also but last i remember he lost it.
XII is my favourite, but maybe you wouldn't like it if simpler, more straight-forward games are your style.

It you like awesome battle systems, I will have to recommend getting X-2 at some point. It's really girly and stuff but the battle system is hella fun.
Lol same here. I found XIII boring as hell. I recommend FFX because I can guarantee you will love the story. Once you play it, you will be sucked in to the storyline smile FF8 has a lovely story too, but not sure about its mechanics. FF9 is a good addition you should play at some point.

Kawaii Hunter

FFXIII Had a good story, good side quests, some funny dialog and great voice acting and graphics, the battle system was a bit repetitive but was worth the amazing story in my opinion. I know others may feel differently.

FFX Has a really nice love story and some pretty cutscenes, The battle system was okay but you had to switch party members a lot until you fully upgraded their grids.

FFVII Was a good story but I lost interest after a certain character left >:/ Battle system was good, story was good, world map was okay I guess.

FFVIII was complicated but once you understood the mechanics of the battle system and how to strengthen each character it was really fun. The best bit is you don't have to level up all your characters I had three characters on level 99 and the rest on level 50 and beat the game smile

FFXV Looks really good I can't wait to buy it biggrin
RedTwinBlade
People are going to tell you to play 7 because they think it's the greatest game ever

New around these parts, eh?

Jaeroon's Husbando

Distrustful Human

8,575 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Jack-pot 100
Dr Geo
RedTwinBlade
People are going to tell you to play 7 because they think it's the greatest game ever

New around these parts, eh?
More like, used to the rampant fanboyism I used to see in here.

Friendly Businesswoman

8,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I enjoyed FFXIII. The game was the most challenging FF I've played thus far and the story kept me sucked in.

That said, FFX was by far my favorite story in the series. Battle system is pretty simple, although great for strategic planning, but if you have a problem with the story after leaving Luca, then you have a problem with yourself. And it keeps getting better from there.
I recommende FFX. It's agood game to start and it will be made in HD soon so.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff