Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay, I was playing FFX and I got pretty close to the end (I think). After fighting Yunalesca I went on and killed both Sin's arms and the sinspawn, but now I'm at what I think might be one of the last battles and Sin uses an attack called Giga Gravitation.

I died.

So I tried again, thinking that I'd just sacrifice and Aeon and keep fighting (The aeon, if that has any effect on how it works, was Shiva) but it gave me a game over anyways...

So, how do I beat Sin?

Eloquent Explorer

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Beat it before it uses Giga Gravitation.
Yea, as Seraphor said, try to defeat him before he uses the attack. I would try to use as many Overdrives as you can. Cast haste on everyone and rip him out! ^_^
(or you may be a bit under leveled so you may need to train first)

Magical Noob

Of course, I'm probably stating the obvious, but you did level up quite a bit before you went on to defeat sin, correct?

Friendly Bookworm

The best thing to do is to put Sin on hold and do some sidequests, such as Celestrial Weapons, and getting all other aeons if you haven't done so. Unlocking the Celestrial Weapons makes your Aeons more powerful. Leveling up works also.

Before battling Sin, you should have Yuna in Overdrive, along with your Aeons. Summon an Aeon that has Damage Limit Break. Bahamut, Anima, and Magnus Sisters automatically come with this. All other aeons will require a Celestrial weapon to break the damage limit.

Once Grand Summoned, wait until you get into range, and unleash the aeon's overdrive. Since you Grand Summoned an Aeon, it can use it's Overdrive TWICE (cause you had a full bar before.) mrgreen

If Sin isn't down, whip out another Aeon and blast him with their overdrives. Those Aeons that can only do 9999 damage on overdrives should be last.

The best Aeons for this job when I did this was Anima (Found at Baaj Temple) and the Magnus Sisters (Requiem Temple). I did a lot of leveling up such as doing sidequests and getting everyone's Celestrial Weapons with the Sigils and Crests needed to unlock their power.

If this doesn't work, level up some more. Going to the Omega Ruins and leveling up there will really help you out.
Well I guess the best idea would be to get Nirvana (Yuna's Celestial Weapon; mp cost 1) and Onion Knight (Lulu's Celestial; mp cost 2). Ok then get the spells Holy and Auto-Life. Auto-Life is the crucial spell. As for Lulu I suggest you get her Doublecast and Flare. And then when you get close enough you summon like a person possessed.
If you don't feel like getting Celestial weapons (which would be needed to make wasting turns on Aeons justifiable, as they can't break damage limit without them), then don't summon. Beef up Wakka and Lulu a bit, as they'll probably be the only ones that can hit Sin for most of the fight. Have Tidus haste them, preferably with Hastega, and let them go to town. Lulu's overdrive is permissable despite her turn loss mostly because she'll hit more than one time. Wakka's overdrive would be great if you have Attack Reels, but if not you might be better off sticking to regular attacks.

Above all, try not to use any moves that put your next turn too far away. The Easy Button for this fight is to get in as many turns as possible while still dealing damage. Summoning Aeons that can't break 9999 is just going to waste a massive amount of turns, so you'll end up giving Sin three free turns after dealing paltry damage.

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
iEspada
Well I guess the best idea would be to get Nirvana (Yuna's Celestial Weapon; mp cost 1) and Onion Knight (Lulu's Celestial; mp cost 2). Ok then get the spells Holy and Auto-Life. Auto-Life is the crucial spell. As for Lulu I suggest you get her Doublecast and Flare. And then when you get close enough you summon like a person possessed.
Auto life doesn't work with giga gravitation... that is an auto gameover attack...

2,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I defeat sin with Yojimbo's attack Zanmato and cast hastega on characters XDDDDDD
Laili
The best thing to do is to put Sin on hold and do some sidequests, such as Celestrial Weapons, and getting all other aeons if you haven't done so. Unlocking the Celestrial Weapons makes your Aeons more powerful. Leveling up works also.

Before battling Sin, you should have Yuna in Overdrive, along with your Aeons. Summon an Aeon that has Damage Limit Break. Bahamut, Anima, and Magnus Sisters automatically come with this. All other aeons will require a Celestrial weapon to break the damage limit.

Once Grand Summoned, wait until you get into range, and unleash the aeon's overdrive. Since you Grand Summoned an Aeon, it can use it's Overdrive TWICE (cause you had a full bar before.) mrgreen

If Sin isn't down, whip out another Aeon and blast him with their overdrives. Those Aeons that can only do 9999 damage on overdrives should be last.

The best Aeons for this job when I did this was Anima (Found at Baaj Temple) and the Magnus Sisters (Requiem Temple). I did a lot of leveling up such as doing sidequests and getting everyone's Celestrial Weapons with the Sigils and Crests needed to unlock their power.

If this doesn't work, level up some more. Going to the Omega Ruins and leveling up there will really help you out.

I have to agree. You still have quite a bit of the game left before you finish it. You still have to go inside of sin and face off with Seymore and the Aeons. Please, for your own sanity go and level more, work off some side quests, maby go to the Calm lands and start working on Fiends. Side quests can be fun, but they are definetly benificial
yeah you have to beat him before he uses the move. it sounds like the one that you have to kill before his mouth opens completely but im not sure but anyway use Trio of 9,999 which is rikku's overdrive. look up the materials to mix to use it and al bhed potions are good for quick heals of 1000 hp. You can also get anima and use him and his overdrive which would help ALOT since he pretty much always does more that 9,999 damage. have to get all destruction spheres though and yeah its good to have all aeons overdrives up so then you use theirs one by one and then bring out another. Using tidus' blitz ace could also help and maybe lulu's overdrive as well. Use hastega! and its also good to use the skill quick hit for whoever has it.
i killed sin so fast its not even funny, since i'm a big fan of lvlin ma chars 2 lvl 99...for i killed him within likeeee 30 sec..
UnholyMagnumX
i killed sin so fast its not even funny, since i'm a big fan of lvlin ma chars 2 lvl 99...for i killed him within likeeee 30 sec..

well you know its not a level based system in this game its all about the sphere grid and to kill him that quick it takes many hours to get the sphere grid completely filled, trust me i know. I did it with every character I had and I killed yu yevon in like 1 or 2 seconds with one regular attack from yuna.
i do know that and all "webs" for all characters were completed... 200 hours spent on this >.>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff