Prizes:
Answer: 1500
Explanation: 3500

Rule of Ess:
8, 9, 10

Hint:
1. "You" is specific to one game.
2. "You" is not a living thing.
3. We drinkin Santana champ, cause it's so crisp!

Time:
8/21-8/28

Riddle:

You’re a help in a pinch, rest azured
And you’re driven by not a word
Though vain you must be
With us not with thee
Shall I see you again on the third?

Incorrect:
Angelo
Balamb Garden
Mateus (FFXII)
Mortibody (FFX)
Phoenix Down
Potion
Save Point (X)
Shiva (FFXIII)
Trance

Correct Answer: Blue Narciss (IX) -- Kuja9113
Explanation: Kuja9113
Holy crap I've never gotten one of these before. Alright lemme try my hand at the explanation.
Telon

You’re a help in a pinch, rest azured

The Blue Narciss is used by the party to escape the attack on Alexandria. Azure is a play on words in reference to the color of the wings and the name of "Blue" Narciss.
Telon

And you’re driven by not a word

This is another play on words. The ship is piloted by Blank, whose name is, by definition, not a word, as 'blank' is often substituted for a missing word. I.e. fill in the blanks.

Telon
Though vain you must be
With us not with thee

I'm not totally sure on this one, but I think it's another play on words. Vain is another word for Narcissistic, the root word for the name 'Narciss' in Blue Narciss. The clue states the Narciss must be with us (the party) instead of by itself in order for them to escape the attack.
Telon
Shall I see you again on the third?
Regent Cid is so impressed by the boat's power, he uses parts from the ship in the third model I his airship, Hilda Garde III.

Oh, and the hints refer to one game (IX), a non-living object (a boat), and the last clue is lyrics to the song "I'm on a boat". Never would have gotten this if not for that last one. Almost guessed the White SeeD ship actually. Glad I changed my answer.

Questionable Codger

8,950 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Ehh, I'll give it to ya. Vanity was a reference to Narcissus himself and quite literally without "us" leaves you with Narciss, but you were kinda on the right track with it and you got everything else-- even the hints which you didn't even have to explain!

Also, I'm really glad the song is what gave it away xp
Sweet. Kudos to all of your word plays. I'm a fan.

Okay, so anyone wanna claim the next riddle?
I updated the rules a little bit. Basically the only changes are that people can guess multiple times in a row, but no more than once per hour. And people may do another riddle if no one else has claimed a riddle within three days. Also, riddles may now last up to two weeks if the riddler chooses to do so.

Again, unless this thread picks up like the previous ones did, I don't think we can be too strict on the guessing. And on that note, if no one else would like to claim the next riddle then I will post another one within the next day or so.

Questionable Codger

8,950 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Sigh... well, it didn't take long for this thread to die. neutral
Telon
Sigh... well, it didn't take long for this thread to die. neutral
Yeah. :/ I do want to try and keep it going, but you and I seem to be the only ones interested.

Fated Paladin

I'm interested! D8>

I'm just horrendously bad at riddles. :C
Oh yeah? Well let's see then. I'll try to post a new riddle this weekend.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff