-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Saiyan_unite
Nafretiti
Depends on the names, some names are normal, every day names (Terra, Vincent, Yuna, Cid etc), I wouldn't go with anything REALLY out there like Bartz (Bart is fine but Bartz? No, don't think so), Zell, Ashelia (thats just a bit too obscure for my liking), Cloud, Squall etc.

Some characters you can get away with naming your child after as they work in real life but if you go too obscure you are looking at your child being picked on because of it and given how kids are these days with bullying you are going to have one really upset kid because of your bad parenting skills and, if it is really bad, possible suicide due to your actions also.

So before naming your child after any Final Fantasy character stop and think if you want your child to be bullied, if it is a no then you obviously need a new name.

In all honesty here, I don't know if I should skuld you or make your day worst.

Anyway, its up to him, not you, also, I name my child based from a video game, Dead or Alive.

Her name is Ayane Revrem Mythral, and she is just fine and never got bullied as far as i'm concern when i'm around, an when she is/was she told me about how she kick't the bully's a**. I tought her Martial Arts, an how to use it for good.

I raise my kids on how I see fit, an to prepare them for the world.

An also you don't know that yet if this guy going to be a "Bad" parent.

Ayane is a Japanese name so technically, it is a name suitable for many and in Japanese as it means 'coulorful sound' and you don't go around saying her full name do you? But if you called your kid Fabula (FFU), Cloud, Fang, Butz, Paine, Agrias, Penelo or Squall how much do you want to bet they are going to get a bad rap for it? Sure they may not get picked on but it isn't a guarantee that they won't.

And I never said it was or wasn't up to him, I was just giving my opinion, this is a public forum, if you haven't noticed and he did ask our opinions, if he doesn't like them he shouldn't of/wouldn't of asked.

You can raise your kids however you want and it is fantastic she knows martial arts BUT if she didn't and was picked on because of her name guess who that falls back on? I am not saying he is going to be a bad parent in EVERYTHING he does I am just saying that if he picked the wrong name it could possibly end up in disaster and, not only that, it is an important event in a parents life, to pick a name for the child BUT they also need to think beyond just what 'sounds cool' etc, they need to think about their schooling years etc as well because, like I said, some kids will just get bullied for anything and not all of them will know martial arts and be able to put the bullies in their place.
Nafretiti
Saiyan_unite
Nafretiti
Depends on the names, some names are normal, every day names (Terra, Vincent, Yuna, Cid etc), I wouldn't go with anything REALLY out there like Bartz (Bart is fine but Bartz? No, don't think so), Zell, Ashelia (thats just a bit too obscure for my liking), Cloud, Squall etc.

Some characters you can get away with naming your child after as they work in real life but if you go too obscure you are looking at your child being picked on because of it and given how kids are these days with bullying you are going to have one really upset kid because of your bad parenting skills and, if it is really bad, possible suicide due to your actions also.

So before naming your child after any Final Fantasy character stop and think if you want your child to be bullied, if it is a no then you obviously need a new name.

Anyway, its up to him, not you, also, I name my child based from a video game, Dead or Alive.

Her name is Ayane Revrem Mythral, and she is just fine and never got bullied as far as i'm concern when i'm around, an when she is/was she told me about how she kick't the bully's a**. I tought her Martial Arts, an how to use it for good.

Ayane is a Japanese name so technically, it is a name suitable for many and in Japanese as it means 'coulorful sound' and you don't go around saying her full name do you? But if you called your kid Fabula (FFU), Cloud, Fang, Butz, Paine, Agrias, Penelo or Squall how much do you want to bet they are going to get a bad rap for it? Sure they may not get picked on but it isn't a guarantee that they won't.

And I never said it was or wasn't up to him, I was just giving my opinion, this is a public forum, if you haven't noticed and he did ask our opinions, if he doesn't like them he shouldn't of/wouldn't of asked.

You can raise your kids however you want and it is fantastic she knows martial arts BUT if she didn't and was picked on because of her name guess who that falls back on? I am not saying he is going to be a bad parent in EVERYTHING he does I am just saying that if he picked the wrong name it could possibly end up in disaster and, not only that, it is an important event in a parents life, to pick a name for the child BUT they also need to think beyond just what 'sounds cool' etc, they need to think about their schooling years etc as well because, like I said, some kids will just get bullied for anything and not all of them will know martial arts and be able to put the bullies in their place.

Yes it is good, and there ain't no "What if" scenario's, cause what happens, happens.

also Uhh Duhh, i do call her by her real name/ rude i know, i'm just tired is all.

anywho, yes thats true, but eh what can you do? its just life, an your being quite deffensive over the internet, lol. as for me i just stand my ground, an turn the other cheek.

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Saiyan_unite
Nafretiti
Saiyan_unite
Nafretiti

Yes it is good, and there ain't no "What if" scenario's, cause what happens, happens.

also Uhh Duhh, i do call her by her real name/ rude i know, i'm just tired is all.

anywho, yes thats true, but eh what can you do? its just life, an your being quite deffensive over the internet, lol. as for me i just stand my ground, an turn the other cheek.

I admit I am almost always have been defensive online, I shouldn't be but years ago I ended up getting into a situation online where I started to be like this and old habits are hard to break.

And touché I guess I should lay off the 'what if's' just that as one who was bullied (over pretty much everything) I just prefer being able to n** it in the bud before it starts, I know I can't really but still, I just don't want to see other kids go through even remotely the crap I did.

I be tired to which is why I think I may go to bed, it is half past 12 in the morning here so I think its time for me to sleep. XD

8,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
What's wrong with having a unique name? I'm not talking about putting extra letters in Katelin to make it Khaitlynn or something like that. As for naming the characters from a video game character as opposed to an actor/actress or character they play, what is the difference? Sure, there are certain degrees in which a name can be considered proper for a child and improper, or just downright ridiculous. But I highly doubt that a good majority of the names can't be used.

Not naming your kids after Cloud or Squall if you want to is ridiculous in my mind. They're just 'hippy' names. Like saying you can't name your children Sun, River, Song, Meadow or something like that. I had a teacher that named their daughter Candle. Is being named after a mass of vaporized water more worthy of mocking than being named after a stick of wax and a wick?
I like Cleyra and Terra for girls~

Larsa for boys. :3

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Please don't name your daughter after Vanille. What a forgettable character, and that nagging voice. gonk
Yoshpet
Please don't name your daughter after Vanille. What a forgettable character, and that nagging voice. gonk

well i agree wid the english dub but i havent heard the jap audio which i assume isnt dat bad...
given d choice i prefer jap audio with eng subs and eng interface of course smile
Some names from the series are real names. Like Barret (It's German, look it up), Vincent, Kain/Cain, Cecil and Terra/Tina. However, you wouldn't name your kid "Cloud" or "Squall".

Zidane is a real name also.

2,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
I like Sephiroth. All the kids at school would not want to mess with him just because he'd have the name of the most powerful dude of them all!!

Fluffy Cat

Girl: Vanille

Boy: Zell

Fluffy Cat

rainbowstar11
I like Sephiroth. All the kids at school would not want to mess with him just because he'd have the name of the most powerful dude of them all!!

LOL. I agree. Forget what I said xd

Ruthless Consumer

9,000 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
YazooSoma

If I had a daughter she would be Yuna (this is a real name- except spelt Una). I am set on that name. Rinoa is very pretty too.

If I had a son, it will be Zack. It will be Zack. Not Zachary, but Zack. I have loved that name ever since FFVII: Crisis Core. It will be Zack. I don't care what the father says. He can do the middle name.

I've always liked Aerith, but I don't think I'd get around to naming a child that. And I like Cloud for a girl, but it does suit the character.I like Serah because it's close to Sarah, which is a nice name.
That picture of Lightning was very pretty.

Heh, the kids in the next generation are going to have some pretty odd names...

Ruthless Consumer

9,000 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Yoshpet

You mocking Australian accents? I hope not...
Vanille had an Australian accent? I couldn't tell because it got convoluted among her three other accents. Hurray for inconsistent (or just plain bad) voice acting!

Anyway, I do like the name Yunalesca.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces