Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm a guy 25 yrs old still single
if ever i have kids in the future i wanna name them after FF characters....
(i mean in the FUTURE cause i have no intentions of getting married having kids yet......
my life revolves on video games right now)
anyway i have a list of top 5 names for my kids in the future
what do you guys think? ( am i gay, a loser, nerd, or whatever)

for daughters
5) Celes Chere
4) Vanille
3) Ashelia
2) Aria Benett
1) Eiko Carol

for sons
5) Edgar Roni
4) Cid Raines
3) Zell
2) Bartz
1) Josef Kain (yeah i mixed 2 different names)

anyway on the side i found this really beautiful picture of lightning(i didnt make it nor do i know who did) what do you guys think is she beautiful? does it look like her? for me shes beautiful

User Image

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Depends on the names, some names are normal, every day names (Terra, Vincent, Yuna, Cid etc), I wouldn't go with anything REALLY out there like Bartz (Bart is fine but Bartz? No, don't think so), Zell, Ashelia (thats just a bit too obscure for my liking), Cloud, Squall etc.

Some characters you can get away with naming your child after as they work in real life but if you go too obscure you are looking at your child being picked on because of it and given how kids are these days with bullying you are going to have one really upset kid because of your bad parenting skills and, if it is really bad, possible suicide due to your actions also.

So before naming your child after any Final Fantasy character stop and think if you want your child to be bullied, if it is a no then you obviously need a new name.

Questionable Codger

8,950 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Gender Swap 100
YazooSoma
Do I think you're gay? You were just talking about getting married and having children. Unless you plan on marrying a man, nothing is gay about that. And nobody would even be on this site if they weren't a nerd rofl

Now that that's out of the way: a lot of people seem to have this big taboo against naming their children after video game characters, but I honestly don't see what the big ******** deal is. So they might get made fun of? Almost everyone ever gets made fun at some point in their life.

As long as you don't name your child something moronic like Apple, Pilot Inspektor, Blanket, or Audio Science then you're fine by me!
I work with a guy who named his son Auron.

That little guy is awesome.

Desirable Player

4,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Nafretiti
Depends on the names, some names are normal, every day names (Terra, Vincent, Yuna, Cid etc), I wouldn't go with anything REALLY out there like Bartz (Bart is fine but Bartz? No, don't think so), Zell, Ashelia (thats just a bit too obscure for my liking), Cloud, Squall etc.

Some characters you can get away with naming your child after as they work in real life but if you go too obscure you are looking at your child being picked on because of it and given how kids are these days with bullying you are going to have one really upset kid because of your bad parenting skills and, if it is really bad, possible suicide due to your actions also.

So before naming your child after any Final Fantasy character stop and think if you want your child to be bullied, if it is a no then you obviously need a new name.

holy hay dude! tray dramatic! who kills themselves over a NAME?!?! I decided years ago I was gonna name my kids after FF charas! I dont see any problem with it, everyone I know thinks its COOL as in something to be popular from not bullied over, I happen to have a video game chara name as a middle name- rikku- thats from X in case u didnt know & yes it was done deliberitly, I also have flareno as a middle name which has RENO in it, as in reno silclair, the awesomesauce turk from FFVII, I wanna name my son axel from KH & my daughter Aerith from FVII- their all REAL names & it is NOT 'bad parenting skills' to have good taste in cool names, Im sure you meant well, but I disagree.

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
SilverFlamesOfPoison
Nafretiti

holy hay dude! tray dramatic! who kills themselves over a NAME?!?! I decided years ago I was gonna name my kids after FF charas! I dont see any problem with it, everyone I know thinks its COOL as in something to be popular from not bullied over, I happen to have a video game chara name as a middle name- rikku- thats from X in case u didnt know & yes it was done deliberitly, I also have flareno as a middle name which has RENO in it, as in reno silclair, the awesomesauce turk from FFVII, I wanna name my son axel from KH & my daughter Aerith from FVII- their all REAL names & it is NOT 'bad parenting skills' to have good taste in cool names, Im sure you meant well, but I disagree.

Have you SEEN/HEARD the s**t kids bully kids over these days? It doesn't matter what is 'wrong' with the kid the others will bully them over it and it can be as inane as a name, if the kids have ANY ammo to use against the kid they will use it against the kid, there are suicides happening all the time because of bullying and a lot of the time it is over idiotic things and a lot of kids just get fed up with it and kill themselves because the tormenting is just THAT bad.

Take this article (well part0, she was bullied because of her clothes and shoes, I would say that is pretty much just one step up from being bullied because of a name and it is just as inane, and she was just 10 years old.

Back in my day, insults were just verbal (and not through internet/cellphone) and very rarely will they get physical but these days bullying happens more often and has a far worse out come where kids just can't handle the bullying anymore and kill themselves because of it and sometimes the reason is because of something inane as a name.

Desirable Player

4,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Nafretiti
SilverFlamesOfPoison
Nafretiti

Have you SEEN/HEARD the s**t kids bully kids over these days? It doesn't matter what is 'wrong' with the kid the others will bully them over it and it can be as inane as a name, if the kids have ANY ammo to use against the kid they will use it against the kid, there are suicides happening all the time because of bullying and a lot of the time it is over idiotic things and a lot of kids just get fed up with it and kill themselves because the tormenting is just THAT bad.

Take this article (well part0, she was bullied because of her clothes and shoes, I would say that is pretty much just one step up from being bullied because of a name and it is just as inane, and she was just 10 years old.

Back in my day, insults were just verbal (and not through internet/cellphone) and very rarely will they get physical but these days bullying happens more often and has a far worse out come where kids just can't handle the bullying anymore and kill themselves because of it and sometimes the reason is because of something inane as a name.

yes I of all people DO know what its like, I have been verbaly AND very physicly picked on teased & bullied my entire life- but I have never hurt or wanted tohurt myself or die bcuz of it- I know that happens sometimes & it is very sad, I know u meant well & wasnt trying to argue with u, but I think its stupid not to name ur kid what u want just cuz of that bcuz nomatter WHAT u name them if they wanna pick on them they WILL, my name is amber, you cant realy make fun of that in any way- so they made fun of other things- even if there is NO reason at all- kids like that just WANT to bully- so nomatter what u do, they WILL! its anavoidable- thats why I just dress & do my hair & makeup like the nut that I am anyways bcuz even when I stoped & was supressing my true self so that theyd shut up- they STILL picked on me, they would even pick at my EYE color, anything they could- I realized u cant avoid it- so you may as well just toughen up & b strong indepindent & self sufficiant eneough to do whatever u want & just ignore them, they will never go away or ease up- u just have to learn to deal with it in ur own way.

Desirable Player

4,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Derek Highwind
SilverFlamesOfPoison
Nafretiti

u will have to forgive her becoz she does not think before she types

LOL!
Derek Highwind
YazooSoma
I'm a guy 25 yrs old still single
if ever i have kids in the future i wanna name them after FF characters....
(i mean in the FUTURE cause i have no intentions of getting married having kids yet......
my life revolves on video games right now)
anyway i have a list of top 5 names for my kids in the future

for daughters
5) Celes Chere
4) Vanille
3) Ashelia
2) Aria Benett
1) Eiko Carol

for sons
5) Edgar Roni
4) Cid Raines
3) Zell
2) Bartz
1) Josef Kain (yeah i mixed 2 different names)

anyway on the side i found this really beautiful picture of lightning(i didnt make it nor do i know who did) what do you guys think is she beautiful? does it look like her? for me shes beautiful

User Image
i understand naming pets after charaters we named our dog tidus but not ur kids dont do that u relly wantr them to be made fun of

i understand wat u mean but here in our country bullying is not big of a deal, poverty is more of an issue...
anyway ur avatar strikes me more as Locke im thinking ur going for Cid Highwind? cool though
Nafretiti

i understand and u mean well but bullying is not a big deal in our country, poverty is more of an issue
dats y the names i've chosen have somewhat a close feel to realistic names
anyway my cousin named his twin daughters Cait Sith and Yuffie (his wife rejected Aeris and Tifa cos she feels they were somewhat overated,)
his daughters turned up well, den agen they're still 5 yrs old
Telon
YazooSoma
Do I think you're gay? You were just talking about getting married and having children. Unless you plan on marrying a man, nothing is gay about that. And nobody would even be on this site if they weren't a nerd rofl

Now that that's out of the way: a lot of people seem to have this big taboo against naming their children after video game characters, but I honestly don't see what the big ******** deal is. So they might get made fun of? Almost everyone ever gets made fun at some point in their life.

As long as you don't name your child something moronic like Apple, Pilot Inspektor, Blanket, or Audio Science then you're fine by me!

i wasn't necessarily meaning gay as in homosexual more like (im not sure what term to use) a f*****t
but anyway Apple is an okay name ..... Audio Science? ur ryt dat is moronic
Naming pets is one thing, naming children children after video game characters is a sign that you need a life.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff