Final Fantasy 6 0.036269430051813 3.6% [ 7 ]
Final Fantasy 7 0.093264248704663 9.3% [ 18 ]
Final Fantasy 8 0.17098445595855 17.1% [ 33 ]
Final Fantasy 9 0.22279792746114 22.3% [ 43 ]
Final Fantasy 10 0.38341968911917 38.3% [ 74 ]
Final Fantasy 12 0.051813471502591 5.2% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 193 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Really?? FFIX wow I am at the entire other end of the spectrum on this to the rest of you then. Because I thought Zidane and Garnet's relationship basis was extremely superficial and awkward, Zidane liked Garnet from the get go because she was beautiful and...that's really why.

So he spends the entire game (although occasionally flirting with other girls) flirting with her only for it to fail repeatedly. Then out of the blue Garnet suddenly 'loves' him without any indication as to exactly how and when this dramatic change in her feelings for him occurred. Or what brought it on, no she just loves him now despite scorning his every attempt to get with her previously in the game.

Their relationship wasn't well developed in my opinion, Steiner and Beatrix's relationship I liked better than theirs.

At least the other relationship's initial beginnings were based on more than just the physical beauty of the female lead. Mainly it stems for being repeatedly thrown together due to circumstances, or them having grown up with the male lead, or even the hero has a thing about protecting people.

FFIX had no such foundations and the entire thing left me feeling cold towards the couple for the entire game, its true I never liked Garnet as a character in the game, but I don't hate Zidane at all and still I feel indifferent to him and Garnet.So no their relationship is just not of my personal taste and does nothing for me. I have seen better reasons for the leads to love one another in the other games of the series.
Omikuji
Dissidias Terra and Cloud.

What that's a Final Fantasy D8 , They were adorable! It prolly didn't help that for years, dating back to 05 before Dissidia was even thought about I always had the idea of the massive FF game and Terra and Cloud being rather sweet to each other. Dissidia cemented that for me DX Their dream with the world of flowers was possibly the cutest goal in that game as well! Gwad! heart

Okay okay, so I suppose one of the few romances that didn't make me roll my eyes or not make sense to me in the context of the story would be Tidus and Yunas, along with Garnet and Zidane. They both developed very well throughout their stories, and what I really liked about Garnet and Zidanes is that they slowly became interested in each other.

...Not counting pervy Zidane time in the start, he was just being pervy to the princess cause... I'd image attention issues with Zidane until he got over it later in the game. (Though it has been a while since I have played it, I could be remembering that romance totally wrong)

Yes Dissidia Terra and Cloud I will go down with this ship. All the medals go to you my friend for this genius ship 3nodding

Business Humorist

8,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
I'm gonna go with 10 because I'm a sucker for tragedy.

EDIT: No. You know what? I change my mind.
Vivi/Quina OTP.
Milady Alluca
Fang and Vanille had enough romance to get me on the boat, that's all I'm going to say~

I'm echoing this.
Locke and Celes. I liked the Cecil/Kain/Rosa love triangle, but I didn't really understand it as I first played the game when I was very young. Even when I first played VI (then known as 3), I was still very much in a "romance is stupid, I want slaughter" stage of adolescence. Then I got ol' Cid killed and saw Celes about to commit suicide.

I was really deeply depressed at the time, so this hit pretty hard.

Beloved Noob

For me, IX is the only one with any kind of romance that's relevant. And I never really liked X.
No offense to anybody, but I just never got hooked on it.
Rim The Mofo Sky
Nafretiti
The only problem I have with Final Fantasy VIII's love story is that it was poorly portrayed, it would of been a great love story had Square not made a complete ******** up of the story and forced them together.

Meaning, Rinoa liked Squall, we saw that but Squall was all 'nope, don't love ya now piss off and stop annoying me woman!' And then it got to the third disk and all of a sudden Squall DOES love that annoying woman who kept pissing him off because Square realised they needed to have the hero fall in love with some female so the annoying one was it and it was getting later and later in the game so hey, he better have a girlfriend now.

This is why I have always prefered Laguna and Raine's relationship WAY better then Squall and Rinoa's, Laguna and Raine were shown for ten minutes yet their relationship had far more substance to it and we saw that, we have a whole game of Squall and Rinoa and their relationship is crap.

This.

I mean c'monnn! Rinoa spent a good half of the game wanting Seifer. :l

I disagree. Until the end of the 1st disk if at most the very beginning of the 2nd disk. It definitely started to change once Squall saved her from the those monsters Ultimecia set on her. She says on disk 3 after all 'Those are the words that started everything' when he says 'Just stay close to me'. Also after that Squall was impaled by Edea's limit break and Seifer tortured him. It's clear there was no going back after that Rinoa was already locked onto Squall right there in the D-District Prison when she arrived with Irvine to help them.

Then between there and going to the missile base mission if you send her and then confessing that she realized she really missed Squall when she thought she was going to die. And getting his ring from Zell so he could make her one too. And keeping him company when Selphie decides to hold the concert and stuff when she tries to talk to him about being in charge and stuff. And by the end of Disk two she most definitely doesn't want Seifer anymore because when he talks to her before the first fight against him in Galbadia Garden she tells him to 'Stop' and says nothing more its not like she wavers in her decision to fight him.

The only part that seems unbelievable to people is Squalls abrupt 180 from 'don't care' to 'I love you' but I always attributed that too he simply got so used to Rinoa's presence. Whether she was annoying the hell out of him, arguing, prodding him to try and get inside his head or whatever. She was in his face all the time, and annoying or not became a constant presence that was always there.

Also Rinoa was the one who questions his decisions, or wants to know what he's thinking by this time in the game. They are the two in the party who argue the most and always directly with each other. The others just leave Squall be when he's a jerk or whatever. Rinoa keeps arguing with him but she's also the one who comes back to try again whenever she fails to get through to him.

So when she suddenly wasn't there as anymore than a near lifeless body in a hospital bed he felt her absence far more than he probably ever thought he would. And by that time he couldn't stand it without her because he was used to her being there. So he went to get her back again. I don't think he ever actually realized he loved her or came to care for her that much until they were in Space and he realized she was going to die alone in space.

Anyway that was my take on it. You might have seen it differently to me they don't speak after all so tone and voice are totally left up to interpretation.
Zidane and Garnet <3 Omg when I first saw that, and how it ended, I think I actually cried. It was absolutely beautiful and so romantic.
o -o There was Romance in FF V... just saying, Boko became a father had kids with Coco cute romance with Chocobos, they had 3 Chocobo Chicks together! if someone said no romance in 5...thats a lie sweatdrop
o -o Fang and Vanille have the same last name,they are SISTERS not love couple (Strategy guide book has it all) FF 13 lovers are Snow and Serah. emo

FF III- Cid and Mrs.Cid
FF IV- Rosa and Cecil
FF V- Boko and Coco
FF6-Locke and Celes
FF7- Tifa and Cloud
FF8- Squalls parents love scene of the past (Raine and Laguna)
FF9- Betrix and Steiner/Zidane and Garnet "Dagger"
FF10- Tidus and Lady Yuna
FF13-Snow Villers and Serah Farron

Gracious Ladykiller

7,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
I liked Zidane and Garnet's love story, it wasn't completely forced and it didn't take over the story line. It was nice.

Beloved Cat

12,450 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Pie For All! 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
hikari_yami92
o -o There was Romance in FF V... just saying, Boko became a father had kids with Coco cute romance with Chocobos, they had 3 Chocobo Chicks together! if someone said no romance in 5...thats a lie sweatdrop
o -o Fang and Vanille have the same last name,they are SISTERS not love couple (Strategy guide book has it all) FF 13 lovers are Snow and Serah. emo

FF III- Cid and Mrs.Cid
FF IV- Rosa and Cecil
FF V- Boko and Coco
FF6-Locke and Celes
FF7- Tifa and Cloud

Fang and Vanille are NOT sisters.
Oerba Dia Vanille means Vanille of the Dia clan, from the village of Oerba
Oerba Yun Fang meand Fang of the Yun clan, from the village of Oerba
Fang and Vanille both met in an orphanage.
moup94
hikari_yami92

FF III- Cid and Mrs.Cid
FF IV- Rosa and Cecil
FF V- Boko and Coco
FF6-Locke and Celes
FF7- Tifa and Cloud

Fang and Vanille are NOT sisters.
Oerba Dia Vanille means Vanille of the Dia clan, from the village of Oerba
Oerba Yun Fang meand Fang of the Yun clan, from the village of Oerba
Fang and Vanille both met in an orphanage.

o uo didn't knew that xD I just saw the last names. Thanks for the back up.

Sparkling Fairy

8,700 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
It's not part of the main story, but I love the Cid/Shera in FFVII or Vincent/Lucrecia in DoC.

I guess main story line wise, would probably be Yuna/Tidus... it was sweet.

**ETA**

Also, Rydia/Edge of FFIV. Sorta. I get so... sad that they never confess their feelings, because Rydge Jr.s would be so adorably cute.

Dapper Dabbler

I liked X, because of how normal the romance seemed. It warms my heart.

Tipsy Businesswoman

Locke and Terra, in FF VI <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas