Total Votes:[ 193 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

4,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Omikuji
Dissidias Terra and Cloud.

What that's a Final Fantasy D8 , They were adorable! It prolly didn't help that for years, dating back to 05 before Dissidia was even thought about I always had the idea of the massive FF game and Terra and Cloud being rather sweet to each other. Dissidia cemented that for me DX Their dream with the world of flowers was possibly the cutest goal in that game as well! Gwad! heart

Okay okay, so I suppose one of the few romances that didn't make me roll my eyes or not make sense to me in the context of the story would be Tidus and Yunas, along with Garnet and Zidane. They both developed very well throughout their stories, and what I really liked about Garnet and Zidanes is that they slowly became interested in each other.

...Not counting pervy Zidane time in the start, he was just being pervy to the princess cause... I'd image attention issues with Zidane until he got over it later in the game. (Though it has been a while since I have played it, I could be remembering that romance totally wrong)
i agree with terra and cloud
Defender Derek
Kuja9113
Defender Derek
o and thread started sayed nothing about canon
Read it Derek. It does not literally say the word canon, but it is implied. If Gear Dragon Azure wishes to correct me, and say that I am wrong, then I will back down. But unless she says I am mistaken, you are spamming.
u know wot? from now on if u have beef with me TAKE IT TO PRIVATE MESSAGES BECOZ I AM NOT GOING TO LET U RUIN ANOTHER PERSONS THREAD STARTED
Admirable as your intentions are, it is...as you said before:
Defender Derek
it is a free country

Fated Paladin

The first thing that came to mind when I read the title was Mukki/Cloud, like it always does in these threads. emotion_facepalm I pushed that thought aside, and the second thing that came to mind was Firion/Maria, which is borderline incest. classified_fu

Invisible Mage

13,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
Oh dear, I just realized that my explanation of Terra and Cloud was some of the worse reasoning ever (though is apart of it, but there was much more to it then that. I was in a rush and needed to head to class at the time) and also deserves much more of an explained.

Throughout the course of Dissidia, both Cloud and Terra where having some major issues with knowing what to do with themselves, unable to figure out something and manipulated very easily by the villain counterparts. They both were able to find a reason to fight when they were together, supporting each other and there is an underlay of equal such as Cloud saying Terra will arrive to help, or him even fighting Terra to help her even though she could have killed him, or even Cloud (and Onion, but he was there to represent the orphans she takes care of in her canon game) appearing to back her up in her Crystal getting event.

All of there scenes where about them trying to figure out what to do, together. If they didn't have that support of each other, they wouldn't have been able to figure out what they wanted to fight for. This is why I think Terra is possibly the closest in coming to any sort of relationship to Cloud, as I explained in a different thread about how Cloud in his game never came close to truly getting a real relationship.

Both Cloud and Terra are damaged with memory troubles and the idea of having worked for the badguys before and manipulated by them. They both have a very good understanding of that, and are able to level with the other rather then thinking "Oh friendship will make that frown turn upside down!". It's really the ability to understand each other and don't baby the other which is what I really liked about them, finding them the most successful pairing with Cloud out of any of the female cast that have tried.

They are equals. They can relate. With someone there at their level, they can move on.

There we go that totally makes up for my lack of explanation before <__<; honestly the Tidus Yuna and Garnet Zidane don't match up to how much I enjoyed the Terra Cloud in Dissidia. Still good developed relationships though.

Kor Duskaara's Waifu

3,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Kuja9113
Defender Derek
o and thread started sayed nothing about canon
Read it Derek. It does not literally say the word canon, but it is implied. If Gear Dragon Azure wishes to correct me, and say that I am wrong, then I will back down. But unless she says I am mistaken, you are spamming.

Yes, I originally implied canon relationships. That's more or less summed up by the fact that I gave game titles to vote from. Still, I guess non-canon relationships can be included in replies, though the voting part is set for canon-only.

Kor Duskaara's Waifu

3,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Defender Derek
Kuja9113
Defender Derek
Kuja9113
Defender Derek
ffvi locke and terra
Fanfic couples dont count.

I think YuDus is the best romance story, but ZidArnet is probably my favorite couple, and RAsheler is probably the most real in a sense, despite its subtlety.
u r not thread started so i can pick whoever i want even if u were thread started i would still pick them it is a free country kuja u dont get to make the rules
The funniest part about this is the fact that you didnt make this thread either. So while I dont, in fact, make the rules, neither do you.

The thread is about which game had the best romance, you could leave it at FFVI having the best romance and your post would be valid, but as Terrocke is not a legitimate romance, what you are posting is fanfiction. And as fanfiction is not relevant to this particular discussion, considering Azure is asking for canon romances, you are spamming Derek. And that violates Gaias Terms of Service.

If you dont like it, then clutter up the forum even more with yet another of your own Terra/Locke related thread. We just cant get enough of those, really.
mm hmm i am sure even if i said just ffvi u would have sayed something to me n-eway and u r nowhere near a forum police i dont understand if i bother u so much why u always follow my posts so much

I don't mind people putting their opinions in the thread, as long as it's relevent. While, yes, I did intend to make it canon relationships only, replies are for anyone who have a particular romantic favorite. Although, on a personal scale, I don't really see fanships as a romance "story."

In other words, I meant the story behind the romance, not just the couple. I suppose I should've been a bit clearer on my meaning.

Kor Duskaara's Waifu

3,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Teenage Wet Dream
wtf no ffxiii vote?

Sorry, I actually kind of forgot that one o.o
Well, if there's a way for me to add it, I will.

Kor Duskaara's Waifu

3,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Omikuji
Oh dear, I just realized that my explanation of Terra and Cloud was some of the worse reasoning ever (though is apart of it, but there was much more to it then that. I was in a rush and needed to head to class at the time) and also deserves much more of an explained.

Throughout the course of Dissidia, both Cloud and Terra where having some major issues with knowing what to do with themselves, unable to figure out something and manipulated very easily by the villain counterparts. They both were able to find a reason to fight when they were together, supporting each other and there is an underlay of equal such as Cloud saying Terra will arrive to help, or him even fighting Terra to help her even though she could have killed him, or even Cloud (and Onion, but he was there to represent the orphans she takes care of in her canon game) appearing to back her up in her Crystal getting event.

All of there scenes where about them trying to figure out what to do, together. If they didn't have that support of each other, they wouldn't have been able to figure out what they wanted to fight for. This is why I think Terra is possibly the closest in coming to any sort of relationship to Cloud, as I explained in a different thread about how Cloud in his game never came close to truly getting a real relationship.

Both Cloud and Terra are damaged with memory troubles and the idea of having worked for the badguys before and manipulated by them. They both have a very good understanding of that, and are able to level with the other rather then thinking "Oh friendship will make that frown turn upside down!". It's really the ability to understand each other and don't baby the other which is what I really liked about them, finding them the most successful pairing with Cloud out of any of the female cast that have tried.

They are equals. They can relate. With someone there at their level, they can move on.

There we go that totally makes up for my lack of explanation before <__<; honestly the Tidus Yuna and Garnet Zidane don't match up to how much I enjoyed the Terra Cloud in Dissidia. Still good developed relationships though.

Well, even though it's really just a fanship, it's got a nice story behind it. So, it counts biggrin i guess people were arguing over what I meant before with canon/non-canon.

Kor Duskaara's Waifu

3,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Onigiri-Devouring Neko
I've only played VIII and XIII (if you've already seen me post this... sorry) and after seeing Squall at the beginning of disk 3... my feels just went kaplooy.

Like when I read Homestuck.

Good thing or bad thing? biggrin

Fang and Vanille were definitely the cutest couple I've seen in video games in quite some time.

Invisible Mage

13,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
Gear Dragon Azure
Omikuji
Lots of my gobbly gook here. Woogie woogie woo

Well, even though it's really just a fanship, it's got a nice story behind it. So, it counts biggrin i guess people were arguing over what I meant before with canon/non-canon.

Ahhh, well! At least I have a somewhat legit reason! And I still stand by what I say about Dissidia being Final Fantasy D8 since they retconn'd a bunch of stuff in there and theories floating around and bunch of ridiculous reasoning insert here.

(You know the funny part? I don't even like shipping, and I ship them. They do something right there that they don't do in many of their games.)

The issue I suppose I really have with the canon love plots is the whole... there's not a lot of good ones yeah know? I mean, the only really good ones that people are pointing at are the TidusYuna and GarnetZidane.

I mean sure you've got RosaCecil, WakkaLulu, whatever there was in XII, SarahSnow, RinoaSquall stuff like that, but... they wern't very well developed. The one thing I have noticed about Final Fantasy, is most of their canon love stories are very... shoved in, get very little development and we have to take their words for it that they did really get to that point. Heck, in FFVII, they never outright said who the romance was with Cloud since you and interpreted it in many different ways thanks to the Gold Saucer Date event and also some of your word choices. They didn't matter in the end, but does change the romance perspective for that game making it really hard to pinpoint canon. (I'm not counting the spin off or the movie for that as well, those were pandering to the fans and didn't really answer any questions other then be total eye candy. And it still never outright answered anything to that as well)

Love in Final Fantasy... is kinda hard to really pick out any romances. Which is why yeah leaving it open for more then just the canon makes for a more interesting conversation, whilst the canon version it'd get really repetitive XD Theories on the romance have always been interesting to me, even though I tend to eye roll on the slash as well, when there's a good reason to back up the claims is when I can really understand what that person sees in the coupling.

I rambled again oop. TL;DR version:
Romances in FF games that are in canon suck. Slash tends to suck as well unless they can articulate a reason why it works other then 'cute'.

Friendly Businesswoman

8,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I have to say FFX. I just got drawn into the dynamic between Yuna and Tidus pushing each other forward, and each one ultimately willing to sacrifice his or her life for the other one. Seeing Tidus's love for Yuna push FFX's history into another direction was nothing short of amazing, a true testament to the love between them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff