Final Fantasy 12 0.051813471502591 5.2% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 193 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Kor Duskaara's Waifu

3,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I added in just about all of them just in case. (the earlier ones were kid of harder to do because i haven't played a whole lot of them)

Please try to explain why it was your favorite. For example:

While I consider 9 and 10 to be tied for the most part, I chose 9 because you see how much of an impact Zidane has on Garnet (actually in X-2, you can see what kind of impact tidus had on yuna as well.) But there's something very touching about ffix's love story, whereas x left me feeling sad and upset. But if you want an even better reason why, just watch the ending o.o

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Kuja
FFI - No romance.

FFII - No romance.

FFIII - Random hookup between Onion 4/Ingus and Sara. Completely unnecessary and a bit confusing. Had it been developed it would have been better received, but as is it's just random.

FFIV - Cecil and Rosa, pretty significant plotline. Could have done without it, but it makes for a solid love triangle.

FFV - No romance. I think Bartz gets a hard on for Faris in a dress, but that's really all it is.

FFVI - Celes and Locke. More of a side thing. Not necessary, but not unnecessary either.

FFVII - No explicit romance. Schoolgirl crushes and schoolboy confusion. Girl knows boy. Girl likes boy. Boy likes other girl. Other girl likes boy but doesn't like like boy. Other girl likes other boy. Other boy is dead, and boy has other boy's memories. Other girl dies. Boy remembers other boy. Boy doesn't like other girl. Boy is sad. Girl still likes boy. Boy is still sad. To be honest, this game could have done without the romance. While it makes for some interesting character development, it's just kind of confusing as a whole.

FFVIII - Squall and Rinoa. The very basis of the game. Without these affair, we'd probably have an extremely dull cast. Squinoa allows for some much needed character development and to be honest, Squall sort of ends up Rinoa's 'knight' in a sense, which is nicely integrated into the story of the sorceresses.

FFIX - Zidane and Garnet. An explicit romance, but fairly sidelined. It isn't particularly necessary, but it's well received and doesn't distract from the plot.

FFX - Tidus and Yuna. A fairly large portion of the plot. While the game is about Yuna's pilgrimage, Tidus' origins and Yevon's blasphemy, the game is also essentially a love story, much like FFVIII.

FFXI - P2P hookups?

FFXII - Ashe and Rassler. A romance that may or may not have been arranged, but nevertheless happened almost entirely before the game. His death is brought up on occassion but not entirely a signficant part of the plot. It's well placed and doesn't get in the way, as Rassler serves as a sort of... 'progression' pusher for Ashe.

FFXIII - Snow and Serah. The most annoying relationship I've ever seen. While it serves good inspiration for Snow to fulfill his Focus, it's super annoying and causes way too many problems for the rest of the party, as well as himself. And ultimately, becomes a complete moot point as the situation becomes so much bigger than what they originally perceived it to be.

All in all, most of the relationships work. The ones that don't work could have been either further developed or scrapped entirely, but none of them particularly 'distract' from the main objective in my opinion.

Going by this post that Kuja made, the ONLY two stories that actually MADE me like the whole romance factor is FFIX and VIII which is tied with X, more had to be done with Squall and Rinoa but overall it was a decent enough relationship and I would of liked Tidus and Yuna more had they kept them together OR let us see a bitter sweet love that was lost and we didn't end up with X-2.

Not that i dislike X-2, it was decent enough for a time waster game but still we didn't NEED it, Yuna should of ended up with the guy or was kept as a romance that will never be, tragic but it would of left us without X-2 that didn't have to be made and in time Yuna would of, for the most part, gotten over losing Tidus.

The other games (minus the ones which didn't have romance) romance factors were pretty much what Kuja said, they were there but not strongly developed etc so you couldn't REALLY appreciate the romance fully, IX and VIII's/X's were a bit more worked on then the others.

Kor Duskaara's Waifu

3,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Nafretiti
Kuja
FFI - No romance.

FFII - No romance.

FFIII - Random hookup between Onion 4/Ingus and Sara. Completely unnecessary and a bit confusing. Had it been developed it would have been better received, but as is it's just random.

FFIV - Cecil and Rosa, pretty significant plotline. Could have done without it, but it makes for a solid love triangle.

FFV - No romance. I think Bartz gets a hard on for Faris in a dress, but that's really all it is.

FFVI - Celes and Locke. More of a side thing. Not necessary, but not unnecessary either.

FFVII - No explicit romance. Schoolgirl crushes and schoolboy confusion. Girl knows boy. Girl likes boy. Boy likes other girl. Other girl likes boy but doesn't like like boy. Other girl likes other boy. Other boy is dead, and boy has other boy's memories. Other girl dies. Boy remembers other boy. Boy doesn't like other girl. Boy is sad. Girl still likes boy. Boy is still sad. To be honest, this game could have done without the romance. While it makes for some interesting character development, it's just kind of confusing as a whole.

FFVIII - Squall and Rinoa. The very basis of the game. Without these affair, we'd probably have an extremely dull cast. Squinoa allows for some much needed character development and to be honest, Squall sort of ends up Rinoa's 'knight' in a sense, which is nicely integrated into the story of the sorceresses.

FFIX - Zidane and Garnet. An explicit romance, but fairly sidelined. It isn't particularly necessary, but it's well received and doesn't distract from the plot.

FFX - Tidus and Yuna. A fairly large portion of the plot. While the game is about Yuna's pilgrimage, Tidus' origins and Yevon's blasphemy, the game is also essentially a love story, much like FFVIII.

FFXI - P2P hookups?

FFXII - Ashe and Rassler. A romance that may or may not have been arranged, but nevertheless happened almost entirely before the game. His death is brought up on occassion but not entirely a signficant part of the plot. It's well placed and doesn't get in the way, as Rassler serves as a sort of... 'progression' pusher for Ashe.

FFXIII - Snow and Serah. The most annoying relationship I've ever seen. While it serves good inspiration for Snow to fulfill his Focus, it's super annoying and causes way too many problems for the rest of the party, as well as himself. And ultimately, becomes a complete moot point as the situation becomes so much bigger than what they originally perceived it to be.

All in all, most of the relationships work. The ones that don't work could have been either further developed or scrapped entirely, but none of them particularly 'distract' from the main objective in my opinion.

Going by this post that Kuja made, the ONLY two stories that actually MADE me like the whole romance factor is FFIX and VIII which is tied with X, more had to be done with Squall and Rinoa but overall it was a decent enough relationship and I would of liked Tidus and Yuna more had they kept them together OR let us see a bitter sweet love that was lost and we didn't end up with X-2.

Not that i dislike X-2, it was decent enough for a time waster game but still we didn't NEED it, Yuna should of ended up with the guy or was kept as a romance that will never be, tragic but it would of left us without X-2 that didn't have to be made.

The other games romance factors were pretty much what Kuja said, they were there but not strongly developed etc so you couldn't REALLY appreciate it, IX and VIII's/X's were a bit more worked on then the others.

My favorites were VIII, IX, and X. As you can see in my other post, IX and X are pretty much tied for me. VIII was pretty damn good too. It's kind of hard for me to pick my favorite, but it wouldn't be fair for me, the person who started this thread, not to make a choice.

I chose 9 because it was a feel good romance. Yes, it wasn't really necessary, but neither were any of the others. 10 left me feeling empty and fairly upset at the end. I saw it coming, but it still sucked sad VII was also a great romance story, but for me it felt slightly forced. I think 9, having a very fairytale-like atmosphere to it, kind of needed some romance. i don't think it would've been the same without it. the same goes for VIII and X.

One thing I don't understand is why people think VII was a romantic story. It had hints of romance, but nothing like the others. Still, it's on the list razz

Conservative Lunatic

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Person of Interest 200
IX for sure. I love Zidane X Garnet. Cute and humorous relationship.

4,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
ffvi locke and terra

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
IV and IX.
Defender Derek
ffvi locke and terra
Fanfic couples dont count.

I think YuDus is the best romance story, but ZidArnet is probably my favorite couple, and RAsheler is probably the most real in a sense, despite its subtlety.

4,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Kuja9113
Defender Derek
ffvi locke and terra

I think YuDus is the best romance story, but ZidArnet is probably my favorite couple, and RAsheler is probably the most real in a sense, despite its subtlety.
u r not thread started so i can pick whoever i want even if u were thread started i would still pick them it is a free country kuja u dont get to make the rules
Defender Derek
Kuja9113
Defender Derek
ffvi locke and terra

u r not thread started so i can pick whoever i want even if u were thread started i would still pick them it is a free country kuja u dont get to make the rules
The funniest part about this is the fact that you didnt make this thread either. So while I dont, in fact, make the rules, neither do you.

The thread is about which game had the best romance, you could leave it at FFVI having the best romance and your post would be valid, but as Terrocke is not a legitimate romance, what you are posting is fanfiction. And as fanfiction is not relevant to this particular discussion, considering Azure is asking for canon romances, you are spamming Derek. And that violates Gaias Terms of Service.

If you dont like it, then clutter up the forum even more with yet another of your own Terra/Locke related thread. We just cant get enough of those, really.

4,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Kuja9113
Defender Derek
Kuja9113
Defender Derek
ffvi locke and terra

The funniest part about this is the fact that you didnt make this thread either. So while I dont, in fact, make the rules, neither do you.

The thread is about which game had the best romance, you could leave it at FFVI having the best romance and your post would be valid, but as Terrocke is not a legitimate romance, what you are posting is fanfiction. And as fanfiction is not relevant to this particular discussion, considering Azure is asking for canon romances, you are spamming Derek. And that violates Gaias Terms of Service.

If you dont like it, then clutter up the forum even more with yet another of your own Terra/Locke related thread. We just cant get enough of those, really.
mm hmm i am sure even if i said just ffvi u would have sayed something to me n-eway and u r nowhere near a forum police i dont understand if i bother u so much why u always follow my posts so much

Beloved Receiver

wtf no ffxiii vote?

4,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
o and thread started sayed nothing about canon
Defender Derek
Read it Derek. It does not literally say the word canon, but it is implied. If Gear Dragon Azure wishes to correct me, and say that I am wrong, then I will back down. But unless she says I am mistaken, you are spamming.

Invisible Mage

13,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
Dissidias Terra and Cloud.

What that's a Final Fantasy D8 , They were adorable! It prolly didn't help that for years, dating back to 05 before Dissidia was even thought about I always had the idea of the massive FF game and Terra and Cloud being rather sweet to each other. Dissidia cemented that for me DX Their dream with the world of flowers was possibly the cutest goal in that game as well! Gwad! heart

Okay okay, so I suppose one of the few romances that didn't make me roll my eyes or not make sense to me in the context of the story would be Tidus and Yunas, along with Garnet and Zidane. They both developed very well throughout their stories, and what I really liked about Garnet and Zidanes is that they slowly became interested in each other.

...Not counting pervy Zidane time in the start, he was just being pervy to the princess cause... I'd image attention issues with Zidane until he got over it later in the game. (Though it has been a while since I have played it, I could be remembering that romance totally wrong)

4,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Kuja9113
Defender Derek
Read it Derek. It does not literally say the word canon, but it is implied. If Gear Dragon Azure wishes to correct me, and say that I am wrong, then I will back down. But unless she says I am mistaken, you are spamming.
u know wot? from now on if u have beef with me TAKE IT TO PRIVATE MESSAGES BECOZ I AM NOT GOING TO LET U RUIN ANOTHER PERSONS THREAD STARTED

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff