Welcome to Gaia! ::

9,400 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Consumer 100
MooMooJuice
The Yami Bakura

Basically, can I play my second playthrough on normal, get to where I can get some Attack Lv3 drops, then use the crystal to reset and change my second playthrough to hard?

Yes. You just won't keep your story progress when you want to change it to hard.

PHEW THANK GOD. I thought that I had to give up on upgrading my Attack Lv3's cause I couldn't get any more Attack Lv3's to max out the ones I had now. Thanks for the help.
Came to say that Lightning Returns is the best Final Fantasy game in recent memory.

The only recent releases that come close are Dissidia 012 and Type-0, imo.

It's a fantastic game.
Tellurical Tempestro
Came to say that Lightning Returns is the best Final Fantasy game in recent memory.

The only recent releases that come close are Dissidia 012 and Type-0, imo.

It's a fantastic game.

It truly is. have you played type-0? i really want to know how it is.

Shameless Lunatic

Hi everyone. I'm playing XIII-2 and am pulling my hair out basically.

There are a million side quests and they are in random order (which isn't the problem) but they seems to be impossible to complete them if one progresss too far in the game first. For example, I accidentally found Cordelia's notes before activating the "Ars Symphonica" quest. I keep approaching her but there is no option for her to speak... did I ruin something? crying Hopefully not. Anyways, I'd just like to check up on this before I go futher and ruin more of these possible quests... or is supposed to be weird & jumpy like this?

Versatile Receiver

skrinkleandskrod

There are a million side quests and they are in random order (which isn't the problem) but they seems to be impossible to complete them if one progresss too far in the game first. For example, I accidentally found Cordelia's notes before activating the "Ars Symphonica" quest. I keep approaching her but there is no option for her to speak... did I ruin something? crying Hopefully not. Anyways, I'd just like to check up on this before I go futher and ruin more of these possible quests... or is supposed to be weird & jumpy like this?
Have you tried closing the gate and re-opening it?
skrinkleandskrod

I don't recall XIII-2 having any missable quests. If something's not working, completing the level (if you haven't) or closing the gate and replaying it (if you have already beaten the level) sometimes works.

Shameless Lunatic

Ah thanks to both of you ~great idea. I'll let u know how it goes 3nodding

7,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
Such thread. Much dead.I thought the Cloud outfit and Samurai uniforms were meant to be pre-order bonuses? Finally got around to picking up the game, and have codes for both. Are they actually useful?

Also, one store had the game "Pre-owned" and worth $69. Went to a store in the same shopping center, and it was $49, possibly less if you did a Trade and Save. Stores plz gonk

EDIT: The first minutes have annoyed me already. Hope chooses to chime in with exposition the MOMENT I attack an enemy. They keep saying 'centuries' have passed even though time was DESTROYED. Remember? The completely out of your a** ending from XIII-2 so you could force an trilogy? *facepalm*

Shameless Lunatic

hello everyone. i hate to just drop in for help but im a bit lost.
im playing 13.2 and i can not figure out how to get to the snowy area to find the silver petal.
perhaps im not far enough along in the game or something?
Absolute Claws
Such thread. Much dead.I thought the Cloud outfit and Samurai uniforms were meant to be pre-order bonuses? Finally got around to picking up the game, and have codes for both. Are they actually useful?

Also, one store had the game "Pre-owned" and worth $69. Went to a store in the same shopping center, and it was $49, possibly less if you did a Trade and Save. Stores plz gonk

EDIT: The first minutes have annoyed me already. Hope chooses to chime in with exposition the MOMENT I attack an enemy. They keep saying 'centuries' have passed even though time was DESTROYED. Remember? The completely out of your a** ending from XIII-2 so you could force an trilogy? *facepalm*

Yeah, Cloud's gear is some of the best in the game, fully upgraded.

On my second playthrough, I had maxed out Cloud's Buster Sword and his Bangle, giving my 5,500+ attack and more than 30,000 HP, respectively.

Also, time was "destroyed" in the normal sense that it doesn't affect the world's inhabitants anymore, but they still kept track of the years that the world has been broken.

This game takes place 1000 years after the first XIII game.

7,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
Tellurical Tempestro
Yeah, Cloud's gear is some of the best in the game, fully upgraded.

On my second playthrough, I had maxed out Cloud's Buster Sword and his Bangle, giving my 5,500+ attack and more than 30,000 HP, respectively.

Also, time was "destroyed" in the normal sense that it doesn't affect the world's inhabitants anymore, but they still kept track of the years that the world has been broken.

This game takes place 1000 years after the first XIII game.

Even though time was destroyed in the last game, there are still hours, minutes, morning, afternoon, night. Bullshit.

First 3rd Birthday and XIII-2 and can't even get basics right without retconning the s**t out of them. Please never let Toriyama or his writers do a time travel game ever again.

7,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
Well, playing on Easy mode, I think I'm on the 10th day, surely missed several quests but beat the five main story quests by Day 6.

Is there a list of how many enemies there are of each type so you can drive them to extinction somewhere?

When I beat the game and get New Game + (if I bother getting around to it), should I do Normal difficulty or Hard? And is it worth waiting for the bosses to get to their strongest forms before doing them or just do them asap?

Why is Soldier of Peace so ugly? Why did that Philiana (?) woman age?

And are they honestly trying to convince anyone that Bunnybells is a good guy, lol.
Absolute Claws
Please never let Toriyama or his writers do a time travel game ever again.
Fixed for accuracy.

7,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
Earth Eater Omega = gonk

Bunnybells = Artemis Arrow'd.

Though I wish I knew that saving over the save file when you beat the game meant you can't access that file and have to start a new one lol. Having easy mode bunnybells to fight whenever I want would've been sweet. Not sure if I can actually be ******** doing New Game + though. I guess on higher difficulties you won't be able to beat all five main quests before the sixth day so you're stuck with fetch quests, which really made the game drag lol.

And some of these garbs seem really useless. Why do a lot of the cool looking garbs have bad abilities while some of the most hideous have good ones? Dark Knight didn't seem to do much (then again, it might be good for Stagger - if Stagger lasted more than 2 seconds out of Overclock), and Soldier of Peace was annoying without Equilibrium +.

Also dat ending. Why does Vanille have this power? Did Bunnybells give it to her? Did they not just say Yuel was the source of the chaos? But then chaos is inside all of us? Is Yuel supposed to be our lifeforce or something before she replaced Etro? Why the hell did Noel have Byrnhildr? Why did it feel sad to drive some species to extinction when you didn't even realise you had taken so many? And why were they a stark fuschia?

For the record, before I did the Ultimate Lair and gave up when I got to Earth Eater, I killed all the Niblets, Gremlins, Dryads and Skeletons (not that order). Now that I think about it, I rarely ever went to the Dead Dunes lol.

7,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
Dat Bhunivelze + tho. I'm sorry for mocking you earlier emotion_jawdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items