Welcome to Gaia! ::

I finally got the chocobo. lol I love riding that thing. I also got the sprint shoes. But what I really want is that Growth Egg to double my CP gain.

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Anyway, I'm on to weapon upgrades now.

Eloquent Explorer

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
I don't get the point of Snows Feymark.
It's ability is:
"Enfeeblement - Greatly reduces damage dealt to enemies."

What's the point of that?
The very least they could do is "Greatly reduces damage dealt in exchange for higher guard." or something like that.

What a waste of a weapon slot.
ok so the dilema goes like this. in final fantasy XIII when. you get that big open area with all th missions and creatures can you come back to it if you sneeak through and continue withthte story or do you lose the oppurtunity to ever do those missions, get those items, and see if you can take those giant awesome things.

edit: im talking about the final stage c'ith marks just for clarification. i've gottent to the point now where on the map none of them are active.
Hello! I'm having my own dilemma seeing as that's the current topic XD I'm at a part were you're only using Lightning and Hope, and you have to face a summon. Thing is, I can barely do anything being that there are no tips, and besides that, they always end up killing Hope because the summon isn't giving enough time to use cure, or if I can perform cure, it is not sufficient because of recurring attacks. I would like to know if someone could help me out here? o.o;
Cross-Z-Vanguard
Hello! I'm having my own dilemma seeing as that's the current topic XD I'm at a part were you're only using Lightning and Hope, and you have to face a summon. Thing is, I can barely do anything being that there are no tips, and besides that, they always end up killing Hope because the summon isn't giving enough time to use cure, or if I can perform cure, it is not sufficient because of recurring attacks. I would like to know if someone could help me out here? o.o;
i beat from what i rember is grinding and uping a the accesorry that reduces lightning damage. those are your best possibilities.i'm in a fight right now but after ill look at odin's info and see if that can help you at all.
Brotta
Cross-Z-Vanguard
i beat from what i rember is grinding and uping a the accesorry that reduces lightning damage. those are your best possibilities.i'm in a fight right now but after ill look at odin's info and see if that can help you at all.

that helps somewhat, because I did use that accessory but it's almost as if it had no effect at all against his attack. And grinding you say? o:
Cross-Z-Vanguard

From what I'm guessing, you're fighting Odin?
    I'm pretty sure at that point, Lightning should know the medic role, so put both Lightning and Hope on the medic role whenever Odin attacks. When he guards, go all out on him. I used this method to quickly fill up his gauge.

And if that still doesn't help, go grind XD

Anyways, I'm currently taking a break from fighting Rosch for the second time. It's such a long battle cause I'm using such a slow method gonk
Cross-Z-Vanguard
Brotta
Cross-Z-Vanguard

that helps somewhat, because I did use that accessory but it's almost as if it had no effect at all against his attack. And grinding you say? o:
just beat down on him and heal alot he bends easier to those who heal the wounded. i knew i was forgeting soemthing. but i checked it nad there it was.

if you have all the three classes for eahc of them( i can't remeber if you did) set a med/med,
rav/rav, rav/med, com/med.and maybe a com/rav for good measure

Beloved Sex Symbol

14,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

<3

Okay....Barthandelus is no joke. This fight is tough as s**t. >.<;;
I was able to get him down to 132k hp or so before being destroyed by......that one move that he charges up for.

I was using Lightning>Fang>Hope.
Maybe there's a better team. Since I had to blow like 5 phoenix downs on Hope because he died every time Barthandelus mass AoE'd with that charge up move. I mainly kept him in medic anyways. Maybe switching him out with Vanille will work better >.<;

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I used Fang, Lightning, and Hope too. The only thing that gripes me is Doom. Just keep Fang as a Sentenal and she'll absorb that damage like a sponge.
    Is that when you first fight him in the Palamecia? Cause if it is, then when he charges up for that Destrudo attack, go all out on him until he makes a grunt sound. The damage will be reduced. I recommend switching everyone to the medic role (of course, Fang on Sentinel) so you can easily recover your HP.

But yeah, the real annoyance is doom D:

4,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Are you talking about the first or second Barthandelus fight, Jiraiya?

The first one I did okay with, but the second one was a bit harder. For me, I would use Relentless Assault (Fang COM, Light & Hope RAV) to get his chain gauge up, and if you get hit too much, use Diversity (I had Fang COM, Light RAV and Hope MED) to get a little healing in there. If you REALLY get in trouble, use Combat Clinic until everyone is all healed and status-free, and maybe Protection for buffs, but don't let the chain disappear! Attack even for just a second if it gets too low.

Other than that, remember that almost all SAB moves work in stagger, so exploit it. He'll get rid of them eventually, but they can still help. If he uses doom, go all out.

@ my hard boss: So, I just got back to Cocoon, and Rosch is a b****. I probably can beat him if I tried obscenely hard, but I was wondering if anyone knows any good strategies (other than grind). K THNX!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff