Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, I'm at Eden Hall in Chapter 12 and I can't seem to get past that robot monster D:
    What's a good strategy on defeating it?
    I managed to get a preemptive strike on it a couple of times, but then after that it slaughters me D:

Eloquent Explorer

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
I'm just about to beat Bahamut.
I lost the first time, but the cutscene before it is probably the first time I've actually felt in any way connected to any of the characters.
Now that I know it automatically selects your party and paradigms for you, I'll be prepared.
i wish i could play more lol with school and work i dont have much time. im at chapter 8 now

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I'm at chapter 5 currently and it's great so far.

Eloquent Explorer

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
So I've just got to Gran Pulse, and I'm seriously spoilt for choice.

Do I grind? If so, what on?
Should I follow through the missions in order I get them?
Or should I just carry on with the story for the time being?

8,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Seraphor
So I've just got to Gran Pulse, and I'm seriously spoilt for choice.

Do I grind? If so, what on?
Should I follow through the missions in order I get them?
Or should I just carry on with the story for the time being?
ah! remember the other day i mentioned a great CP farming spot that got me about 12k per minute?

it's quite difficult to explain, um... just, head towards your main objective on Gran Pulse.

eventually you could come to a save point right on top of a hill or narrow pathway, at the bottom of which is a behemoth and ... big wolf thing, fighting.
you won't be able to miss them if you're heading towards the objective marker.

as they're fighting, they will automatically have 50% health and almost staggered.

go in to a fight with them, generally the setup I use is hope / fang / vanille as rav / com / sab

although i've heard some people use lightning / hope / fang too, just find something that works for you.
stagger the behemoth before it can transform and kill that, then clean up the wolf thing easily. 3nodding

you'll get 6600 CP - now just walk up the hill, loop around the save point, and go back down. they'll respawn.
rinse, lather repeat.

as you get stronger, i can finish a single fight in 25 seconds. that's 13.2k per minute C:

8,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
also @ seraphor: me and you are at the same point right now it would seem. so far i'm certainly not carrying on with the story - from what i've read on other forums there's a huge ramp in the difficulty now. so i've been grinding using the above method, then when i've maxed my 3 basic roles for each character i think i'll try my hand at a few of the cie'th missions. 3nodding

Eloquent Explorer

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
I just saved at the top of that hill, intimidated by those two giant monsters fighting below. XD
Thanks for the advice, I'm currently using Light/Fang/Hope and that's working well so far, so I'll tackle them with that set up and see how it goes.

8,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Seraphor
I just saved at the top of that hill, intimidated by those two giant monsters fighting below. XD
Thanks for the advice, I'm currently using Light/Fang/Hope and that's working well so far, so I'll tackle them with that set up and see how it goes.
Alright
sometimes at the beginning you might find you have to cancel one of your attacks in order to execute them quicker so that he doesn't transform BEFORE you stagger him.

as long as you stagger him without him transforming, it's straight forward.

at first I was using rav/rav/com for ages
i wasn't strong enough to stagger the behemoth quick enough with two commando's

but I found the fights easier now with a set up of hope / fang / vanille as rav/com/sab. it might take a few retries to find a method that works effectively, but it's worth it. xD

Eloquent Explorer

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
I staggered him, then he transformed.
I was ok for a while, they were still preoccupied with attacking each other, then all of a sudden the Behemoth King turned on me, and before I realised it I was dead. XD

Think I need to switch in Sazh for a faster kill.

8,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Seraphor
I staggered him, then he transformed.
I was ok for a while, they were still preoccupied with attacking each other, then all of a sudden the Behemoth King turned on me, and before I realised it I was dead. XD

Think I need to switch in Sazh for a faster kill.
yeah xd you can't let him transform at all, is what i mean.
stagger him, then your commando has to launch him in to the air, and you just need to keep him in the air long enough to kill him.

Eloquent Explorer

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Awesome! Defeated by Lightning/Hope/Sazh in 2:15.

8,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
haha! if you want a slightly easier method for lower levels for a little while, even though it's a bit slower it's certainly safer...try looking at this topic:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=950899&topic=53864505

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I find that Maw of the Abyss yields better returns on CP.

Eloquent Explorer

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
ARGH! Now he keeps transforming as soon as I stagger him!

EDIT: Now it works again. XD 1:57.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces