Welcome to Gaia! ::

You don't know how relieved I am to hear you say that. Seriously. ********' Squeenix was giving me anxiety.
Also, I was going to run this team until endgame:

Lightning
Fang
Hope

I heard this was overused, but in any one else's experience has there been another team that has worked just as well, if not better? Share which team you used. I enjoy hearing about the way people customize their own teams.

5,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Member 100
What strategy did you guys use to beat Bahamut? That thing pisses me off.
Bulbasauurr
Also, I was going to run this team until endgame:

Lightning
Fang
Hope

I heard this was overused, but in any one else's experience has there been another team that has worked just as well, if not better? Share which team you used. I enjoy hearing about the way people customize their own teams.

I usually use Fang, Vanille, and Sazh, or Fang, Lightning, and Sazh. Hope is the best medic, but that's all he's really good for. His magic stat is really high, but he's useless against enemies that are immune to magic, unlike Lightning. And since his HP is s**t, I usually just don't use Hope. And also because I don't like him that much.

Edit: Not to mention that Sazh is a much better Synergist/character, and Vanille is the best Saboteur, and the second best medic.

Smoker

Bulbasauurr
When should I start giving a s**t about weapon upgrades? Endgame? I just got to Pulse and my a** is getting kicked by Behemoths and that giant... turtle thing? The 1HKOstompystomp guy. sweatdrop

The devs for that game are sadistic, letting you fight such monsters early. xp

Fang/Light/Hope is the part I run with. Might switch and have Vanille replace Hope and get her pumped. Been reading quite a bit about her.

5,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Member 100
Ok..So is Bahamut even worth attacking, or should I just keep inflicting status ailments on him?

4,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
ShingamiX
Ok..So is Bahamut even worth attacking, or should I just keep inflicting status ailments on him?

What usually helps me build up the Gestalt meter is constantly switching between offensive paradigms and defensive. When he starts attacking, get a SEN and MED in there, and when he isn't beating the crap out of you, attack him both as a COM and a SAB. The more variety there is, the faster the Gestalt meter fills.

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

Practically it's Gestalt meter fills up the same way as Alexander and Hecatoncheir.

Through Stagger.

The key to him is to have Combat Clinic in your mind always since he can do some devastating damage.

Also Mystic Tower (SEN/RAV/RAV) is a good Paradigm so that the others Stagger while you take most of the damage. And then switch it to Relentless Assault so that the COM slows it's stagger bar so it doesn't depletes.

5,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Member 100
Ok thanks for the tips everyone. I beat him(just barely) and I just finished Alexander. Bahamut was too freakin' hard. He does a bunch of damage and he's pretty quick about it. Alexander wasn't so hard. I just made sure I had Fang as a sentinel at all times.

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

I find that this game has some the most pleasant and some of the powerful woman in the series of FF.

Fang, Lightning and Vanille can kick a**. xD

Hey....is this kind of an undertone of FF X-2's trio? Most complained that it was too girly...Now....we kind of have the same principle....but it's well perceived by both sexes.

Hmm.
I like Lightning. It's refreshing to see a female lead that isn't a "kind white mage".

Just got to pulse. Level grinding + traveling is a pain in the a**. Anyone feel like sharing advice with a n00b? (Once again.)

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Bulbasauurr
I like Lightning. It's refreshing to see a female lead that isn't a "kind white mage".

Just got to pulse. Level grinding + traveling is a pain in the a**. Anyone feel like sharing advice with a n00b? (Once again.)
User Image

Hmm... the thing I did at Pulse were:

First I did the two first missions. Then attacked some of them dogs and them goblins.

Then continued. When I reached Mah'haboro....That's were my grind began.

Start from the first Save Point and then go left when you find a crossroads. In other words don't go through the right corridor where there's a Phalanx (A big a** Rectangle robot). Then continue through the left corridor.... Fight the baddies until you reach the end...where there will be a cutscene if you go too far and you's fight the Juggernaut.... But this is a good thing.... start the battle but don't fight the juggernaut, instead Pause the game and select Retry.... the good thing is, you won't fight the baddy and the enemies you just face, respawned. So backtrack your way till the Save Point.

You'll gain like 40k CP in like 15 minutes. Just level up the main roles.

Anyways when you reach the Save Point, Save....and the monsters respawn.... Do this until you level up every main role of each character.

I recommend grinding a lot during this because not only will this facilitate your battling...but also the accumulated CP, after finishing the main role levels and and finishing this Grind Route and then continue on until you face the last boss of this Chapter, will help you advance your Crystarium after the expansion of the Crystarium.
Thank you very much.

Would you happen to have a link to a detailed map of pulse? Or did you use a strategy guide? I've been abusing google search for a while now

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Bulbasauurr
Thank you very much.

Would you happen to have a link to a detailed map of pulse? Or did you use a strategy guide? I've been abusing google search for a while now
User Image

I have the Hard Cover Guide xD

http://twobrothersandasister.com/wp-content/images/2010/march/ffxiii/guides/maps/11gp.jpg

That's Archylte Steppe

http://twobrothersandasister.com/wp-content/images/2010/march/ffxiii/guides/maps/11c.jpg

That's Mah'habara---The Grinding Route is from the Save Point (look at the Save Point above the one that says from Archylte Steppe) till the Platinum Bangle (Mission 29)

Ok, im in edens cradle, if If I beat the boss, will i be able to go do missions again?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff