Welcome to Gaia! ::

Today I found a copy of both and I bought Duodecim. Am I missing much by not having bought Dissidia?

Greedy Fatcat

Edenbeast
Today I found a copy of both and I bought Duodecim. Am I missing much by not having bought Dissidia?
Not reeeaaaallly.... There is a basic storyline, but it's not strong enough anyway. So, nah you're not missing anything.

Profitable Raider

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Nope, once you beat the first story mode in Duodecim, you unlock access to Dissidia's storyline, so youre not missing anything at all.
-Radiant-Abyss-
Nope, once you beat the first story mode in Duodecim, you unlock access to Dissidia's storyline, so youre not missing anything at all.
So if you bought Duodecim you wouldn't need the first one?

Profitable Raider

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Bitchzard
-Radiant-Abyss-
There's some stuff that can transfer over i think, like equips, maybe levels, but I doubt you'd need the first one.
-Radiant-Abyss-
Bitchzard
-Radiant-Abyss-
There's some stuff that can transfer over i think, like equips, maybe levels, but I doubt you'd need the first one.
Wow that's dumb. But whatever. I don't even own a PSP.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
User Image

gaia_angelleft yum_puddi gaia_angelright

If you entirely skip over Dissidia and buy Duodecim, you're not missing anything at all. Duodecim is like an extended Dissidia with more story and characters and the assist system. As noted previously, Dissidia's story is also playable in Duodecim. So no worries, you got the right one.
Thank you all! biggrin

Quotable Genius

Edenbeast

Some skills were edited, but the only thing you can transfer over to Duodecim is character levels. You made the better purchase, don't worry.

Dangerous Phantom

8,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Edenbeast

Well in the first one, the God of Discord (a.k.a Chaos) dies and you probably won't figure out how, though it is pretty obvious, and the Goddess of Harmony (a.k.a Cosmos) diss appears because of her warriors...so you're missing that and the song Chaos: Last Battle 3 (The original song is called "The Messenger" by Your Favorite Enemies, but in the game, Square ENIX decided to split it into 3 parts. The last part was the best!) You're also going to miss fighting the first Chaos, which was fun and hard. On Duodicium, he's so easy it's lame. stare
User Image

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
User Image

^ Anything related to Dissidia's story is thrown into Duodecim anyway. :/
Duodecim pretty much covers everything you wanna know.

Versatile Receiver

Duodecim is better in every possible way

Because it has Yuna

Friendly Bookworm

Actually. No.

Duodecium is a prequel to Dissidia. And after you finish the twelfth cycle, you move to the thirteenth cycle (Dissidia's story).

So you technically bought two games in one. Dissidia is in Duodecium and can only be unlocked by beating the Duodecium first. The only difference between them is that you play with a more updated battle system that is featured in Duodeciuem.

Plus, more costumes. Shirtless Tidus became my favorite.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
User Image

Yeahsrsly. Duodecim has Yuna and Lightning. It was instantly better. emotion_kirakira

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff