Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like the new game?

Totally 0.84705882352941 84.7% [ 72 ]
Eh, not so much... 0.15294117647059 15.3% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 85 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

So, Dissidia [duodecim] 012 Final Fantasy came out yesterday - so a lot of people must've gotten and played it by now.

To those who haven't heard of the game, here are the main differences (really, I don't know all of them):

-Five new story characters: Vaan (FFXII), Yuna (FFX), Lightning (FFXIII), Tifa (FFVII), Laguna (FFVIII).
-Two new secret characters: Gilgamesh (FFV), Prishe (FFXI)
-Gabranth and Shantotto are unlockable from the start for 100PP each
-Each character has 2 Alternate Costumes - so (for example) Cloud has his standard Final Fantasy VII attire, his Advent Children attire, the original concept design and - for those who preordered the game through Game Stop - his Kingdom Hearts I attire.
-The new assist system - allowing you to "summon" a character to aide you in battle.
-A new party system - that allows you to swap out one character with another in your party. Say Yuna is defeated, she is swapped out with Tidus and the battle continues from where she left off.
-There is now an open world to explore in story mode.
-You can transfer your save game data from Dissidia Final Fantasy (such as characters unlocked, levels and abilities) to your Duodecim game.
-If you have save game data from Dissidia [duodecim] 012 Prologus Final Fantasy and transfer the data from that, you get Aerith as an assist character.
-New abilities (such as Ragnarok Blade (Laguna's ability) for Bartz).
-EX Revenge (when you are taking damage and your EX Gauge is full, it will slow down the opponent for 6 seconds - or when you hit them with a HP attack)
-New stages (such as Orphan's Cradle from Final Fantasy XIII and the Sky Fortress Bahamut from Final Fantasy XII)
-EX Cores don't give fill the EX Gauge as much as they used to (a "full" EX Core now only fills the EX Gauge half of the way)
-New Round-Robin battles in Quick Battle involving parties you form.

I know about one more character - but I really don't want to spoil it.

So, what do you guys think about the game so far? I find it epic beyond epic. I love playing as Tifa and whooping Cloud's butt XD It's also fun playing as Yuna and Lightning. Laguna's attacks are pretty decent and I have yet to play as Kain.
I have to wait till Saturday to play but from what you've said and what I've seen it looks amazing . biggrin
I really hope the whole open world thing turns out to be good. That's the only thing I'm slightly worried about sweatdrop
But I am very happy that Vaan is in this game :3
frigmoon
I really hope the whole open world thing turns out to be good. That's the only thing I'm slightly worried about sweatdrop

It's true. And there are manikins roaming around. I've gotten attacked by Phantasmal Harlequins ^^"

Speaking of manikins, these are the names of the new ones:

-Transient Gunner
-Fleeting Flash
-Emphereal Summoner
-Delusory Dragoon
-Idle Sky Pirate

The last one is Tifa's, but I don't remember lol.

Seeker

6,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
so far, my best character is Lightning.
Rei of the Worens
I have to wait till Saturday to play but from what you've said and what I've seen it looks amazing . biggrin

It is fun. And there are new soundtracks for each Final Fantasy game. So, not only is One Winged Angel and Fight On! in the soundtrack roster for FFVII, but J-E-N-O-V-A's there, too.

So glad that Cosmos is still there, that's my favorite.
yukira13
so far, my best character is Lightning.

Yuna and Tifa are mine. So far, Cloud's been my best overall, but I'm getting my butt kicked by Squall v.v
Played the Prologue, and I found myself to enjoy it. It feels less scrub-friendly than before, and the added music is definitely a plus. I can see this played in a semi-competitive level (if not seriously competitive), but this is just my opinion.

Just waiting for the mods to move this to the "Final Fantasy" subforum.
Namida no Bara
Rei of the Worens

It is fun. And there are new soundtracks for each Final Fantasy game. So, not only is One Winged Angel and Fight On! in the soundtrack roster for FFVII, but J-E-N-O-V-A's there, too.

One Winged Angel is ..there?.. Saturday can't come soon enough xp
Namida no Bara
frigmoon

It's true. And there are manikins roaming around. I've gotten attacked by Phantasmal Harlequins ^^"

-Transient Gunner
-Fleeting Flash
-Emphereal Summoner
-Delusory Dragoon
-Idle Sky Pirate

Imaginary Brawler smile
Namida no Bara
Rei of the Worens

Final Fantasy VII's normal battle music is there too! You just have to get it in the PP Catalog biggrin It's a nice remix.
Yeah this game is freaking AWESOME! I have been addicted to it since I picked it up Tuesday morning. Let's see... My favorite of the new bunch is Tifa. She's freaking awesome and her ability to Feint (Basically flash-step) is freaking amazing. I like Lightning as well, mainly because they actually made her Paradigms work well. Yuna is awesome to play, but a pain to fight xD Her attacks are hard to read! Laguna has got to be my favorite new character, personality-wise. I have yet to complete VIII, much less get very far in it so I'm not familiar with his character at all but I love it in this biggrin His fighting style is pretty darn fun too! Kain is epic. Simple as that. I've always loved Dragoons. Totally my favorite job. Vaan is wicked fun to play as too, but I still can't get into his character. Sorry in advance to all the Vaan fans out there but I find that he's really lacking in personality and character D: It's unfair of me though, since I'm pretty biased against XII in the first place xD
But yeah 012 is a freaking GREAT game so far! How far have all of you gotten?
Ryuhwakshin
Played the Prologue, and I found myself to enjoy it. It feels less scrub-friendly than before, and the added music is definitely a plus. I can see this played in a semi-competitive level (if not seriously competitive), but this is just my opinion.

Just waiting for the mods to move this to the "Final Fantasy" subforum.

Yeah, I had no idea this was supposed to be in Final Fantasy ^^" I found this forum after I made the thread XD

I might get Prologus to get Aerith as an assist; that would be really cool.

Rei of the Worens
Namida no Bara
Rei of the Worens

One Winged Angel is ..there?.. Saturday can't come soon enough xp

Yeah, shame it isn't Advent: One Winged Angel XD That would've been epic.

Pip-squeek_Alchemist
Namida no Bara
frigmoon

-Transient Gunner
-Fleeting Flash
-Emphereal Summoner
-Delusory Dragoon
-Idle Sky Pirate

Imaginary Brawler smile

Oh yeah! Thanks. That's because Cloud's is the Imaginary Mercenary, and Sephiroth's is the Imaginary Soldier....I think I got those right.

Pip-squeek_Alchemist
Namida no Bara
Rei of the Worens

Final Fantasy VII's normal battle music is there too! You just have to get it in the PP Catalog biggrin It's a nice remix.

Oh, sweet. I need that XD

Pip-squeek_Alchemist
Yeah this game is freaking AWESOME! I have been addicted to it since I picked it up Tuesday morning. Let's see... My favorite of the new bunch is Tifa. She's freaking awesome and her ability to Feint (Basically flash-step) is freaking amazing. I like Lightning as well, mainly because they actually made her Paradigms work well. Yuna is awesome to play, but a pain to fight xD Her attacks are hard to read! Laguna has got to be my favorite new character, personality-wise. I have yet to complete VIII, much less get very far in it so I'm not familiar with his character at all but I love it in this biggrin His fighting style is pretty darn fun too! Kain is epic. Simple as that. I've always loved Dragoons. Totally my favorite job. Vaan is wicked fun to play as too, but I still can't get into his character. Sorry in advance to all the Vaan fans out there but I find that he's really lacking in personality and character D: It's unfair of me though, since I'm pretty biased against XII in the first place xD
But yeah 012 is a freaking GREAT game so far! How far have all of you gotten?

Tifa's awesome; I just love sending Cloud flying into a wall XD

Kain's a pretty intense character, though Gungir is soo hard to aim. The others are sooo epic.

For some reason...Laguna reminds me of Zidane...his victory pose is very similar, too.

I just started chapter 7 - Ally. I can't wait complete the game!
Yeah definitely pick up that remix, it will make all of your Tifa battles oh-so-much more fun! Yeah you nailed all the manikin names xD Well you should totally beat the game! I'm on chapter 8 right now. Also, Aeirith is definitely an interesting assist character. I like her HP assist attack, I think it's the close range one. She's cool haha xD I have to agree about the Gungnir attack... you have to line it up just right to make it work. Try this: Use it when an opponent is diagonally above you and you can hit them with it. Try to angle it to where you're throwing your spear towards the farthest end of the map. If it connects with your opponent, it sends them flying back until they hit a wall xD It's very satisfying to send them to the other end of the Crystal World from one end of it xD
Pip-squeek_Alchemist
Yeah definitely pick up that remix, it will make all of your Tifa battles oh-so-much more fun! Yeah you nailed all the manikin names xD Well you should totally beat the game! I'm on chapter 8 right now. Also, Aeirith is definitely an interesting assist character. I like her HP assist attack, I think it's the close range one. She's cool haha xD I have to agree about the Gungnir attack... you have to line it up just right to make it work. Try this: Use it when an opponent is diagonally above you and you can hit them with it. Try to angle it to where you're throwing your spear towards the farthest end of the map. If it connects with your opponent, it sends them flying back until they hit a wall xD It's very satisfying to send them to the other end of the Crystal World from one end of it xD

I know! I did that once! XD It was so epic. I was fighting a Fallicious Tree and I used Gungir and he was sent flying across the stage and died XD I can just see the opponent being impaled and dying...*cough*

Hmm, I will. I found them, but I might try to get the Costume I got for Cloud, first XD

Yeah, I will so try and get Prologus so I can get Aerith, that would be epic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff