Welcome to Gaia! ::

Happy 25th Anniversary!! What are you going to do today?

Live life normally. 0.21428571428571 21.4% [ 3 ]
Play some games, maybe a marathon. 0.21428571428571 21.4% [ 3 ]
Wear some Final Fantasy apparel. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
EAT! DRINK! BE MERRY! 0.21428571428571 21.4% [ 3 ]
All of the above. 0.35714285714286 35.7% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 14 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Would the one near Cosmos be Shanatto, or whatever her name is?

That poster seems kinda random with it's characters...

Fated Paladin

Laili
There's always hope on having it translated. I was surprised that Best buy had the Final Fantasy XIII -episode i- novella translated and put in as a pre-order bonus with Best Buy if you were getting XIII-2.

Yeah, went and got that one because I figured the DLC would hit the market place. (And I was right!)

Anywho. I would buy the novellas the moment they came out. Love to read. ♥

Now, if only they finished officially translating the rest of On the Way To A Smile from FFVII and tat novella from FFII. emotion_donotwant

Aw, man, I forgot that FFXIII one was released in English. O: And I think Barret's story was released in English, too, with a special Advent Children set? I have slightly more hope now! But only a little. :C

As for that poster, the goddess at the top is actually Altana, Shantotto is between Zidane and Tidus, the Ax Man is probably the Marauder class from FFXIV, and Firion is the one at the bottom center and FFIII guy is the dual weilder beside him. I've heard it represented the important characters in the series, but if that's true... Why Fran? Why not Ashe?

Friendly Bookworm

Kether Taninniver
Laili
There's always hope on having it translated. I was surprised that Best buy had the Final Fantasy XIII -episode i- novella translated and put in as a pre-order bonus with Best Buy if you were getting XIII-2.

Yeah, went and got that one because I figured the DLC would hit the market place. (And I was right!)

Anywho. I would buy the novellas the moment they came out. Love to read. ♥

Now, if only they finished officially translating the rest of On the Way To A Smile from FFVII and tat novella from FFII. emotion_donotwant

Aw, man, I forgot that FFXIII one was released in English. O: And I think Barret's story was released in English, too, with a special Advent Children set? I have slightly more hope now! But only a little. :C

As for that poster, the goddess at the top is actually Altana, Shantotto is between Zidane and Tidus, the Ax Man is probably the Marauder class from FFXIV, and Firion is the one at the bottom center and FFIII guy is the dual weilder beside him. I've heard it represented the important characters in the series, but if that's true... Why Fran? Why not Ashe?

They translated the XIII one and Cases of Denzel, Tifa, and Barrett for the Limited Edition Advent Children Boxset. There's still the Cases of Yuffie, Shinra, Nanaki, and Lifestream left for official translation.

Friendly Bookworm

Some pictures from the Seattle 25th Anniversary Event from Flickr:
Square Enix Flickr

Friendly Bookworm

Hello all.

I wanted to remind everyone that today is Final Fantasy VII's 15th North American Anniversary today!

Square Enix posted a lovely picture of an Advent Children Cloud figurine on Fenrir pretending to toot along a cityscape environment in the background (LA I presume...) with the words "Happy 15th Anniversary" written on it on Facebook. I'll post that up later for all to look at. (I'm at work.)

Stop by the Final Fantasy VII Sticky to talk FFVII! (Maybe there's some cupcakes there?)

In other news, Laili has found out that the voice actor for Firion in Dissidia/Dissidia 012 is going to be at Montreal Comic-Con! And I found out he was the replacement Black Ranger in the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers series.

... I'm getting my copies of Dissidia signed!
It shall all be mine

Inquisitive Bookworm

17,175 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
Only released in japan gonk what a buzz-kill. I kinda still want it regardless, as a fan and collector, and a very cheap way to obtain a lot of good games. I just fear that they'll be so sold out by the time I have the money for it, and to get it imported.

Friendly Bookworm

I ended up buying the Advent Children Cloud tumbler today on Amazon before they were sold out. lol
Remember when Square Enix had dignity and didn't treat Final Fantasy like it was a Kardashian sister and whore it for money?

I do.

Vaguely.

Friendly Bookworm

Official Contest from Square Enix we should all enter! See the first post!!
Haha, yeah I'm definitely not the biggest fan. razz (can't say I care for the prizes, either. Sorry I'll pass)

Friendly Bookworm

I was silly enough to write a script for it to keep on track and have it perfectly timed for one minute. sweatdrop

I'd love to record right now, but my parents have a movie blasting in the living room on the other side of my room. Square is going to hear Liam Neeson fight wolves than hear me talk.

Friendly Bookworm

May we all take a moment today and say Happy Anniversary to Final Fantasy today~~ 25 Years and still going.

I need to tweak up my first post (some pictures broke) and I'll post some lovely ideas on what to eat to feast on this day, ideas with friends, and chat about our favorite memories with this series.

gaia_angelleft gaia_angelright

Friendly Bookworm

Throwing a party for today possibly? Or just need an idea for dinner? Here's something to eat for today. ^^'

From Final Fantasy III:
ONION KNIGHT BREAD!
A loveable job class sought out in Final Fantasy III named after a common vegetable.

Recipe:
http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2011/05/bloomin-onion-bread.html

From Final Fantasy V:
Mashed Potatoes and Cheese Biscuits.
From the scene in which they battle a large sea creature, Bartz asks for this to be on the side.
Don't forget some seafood to go with it!

From Final Fantasy VIII:
Hot Dogs!
The all famous dish at Balamb Garden and Zell's favorite. (If you go by the Japanese version, you'll want a flavored Japanese bread. If you go by the French version, you'll want bretzel.)

And don't forget some...
Chocobo Wings!
(Okay... it's actually chicken...)

And serve it up on a blue plate to make it Final Fantasy VII's "Blue Plate Special!" so that you can get a Pharmacy Coupon! rofl

Any other signature foods you can eat that can be themed from Final Fantasy?

Friendly Bookworm

Things to do:

What can we do today to celebrate this? Here's some ideas!

1.) Watch either Spirits Within or Advent Children (or both)
- Or you can watch Final Fantasy Unlimited, Final Fantasy VII: Last Order and/or Case of Denzel. Or whip the PS3 out and watch some Advent Children Complete.

2.) Have a Final Fantasy video game marathon.
- Any game, any way. Give yourself a challenge too.

3.) Destroy Final Fantasy Bootleg.
A new movement here in the New England part of the USA where we aren't fans of bootleg merchandise in conventions. If you have bootleg you're ashamed of owning, destroy it with friends in any way possible!!

Trust me, Square Enix is a big advocate for busting down on bootleg. Put that on Youtube and they'll probably give you the medal of honor.

4.) Eat, drink, and be merry.
Can never go wrong with this.

5.) Listen to some Distant Worlds/Final Fantasy soundtracks.
- If you want some mediation or alone time, take a moment and listen to your favorite music. Or buy some today as a treat from iTunes. (Square Enix just about has all their Final Fantasy music back up after a Terms of Service changes and tweaking from Apple)

Any other ideas?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces