Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of these is your favourite moment of playing a new final fantasy game?

Finding the chocobo forest (or wherever the chocobos live in that particular game.) 0.092592592592593 9.3% [ 5 ]
Finally adding the final member to your party. 0.092592592592593 9.3% [ 5 ]
Fighting extra bosses after beating the final boss - leveling up beyond reason so you can beat absolutely any fiend in the game. 0.14814814814815 14.8% [ 8 ]
Finally making it past all the tutorials so that you can be self-sufficient. 0.14814814814815 14.8% [ 8 ]
Making it to the point where you can finally choose your own party members. 0.25925925925926 25.9% [ 14 ]
Reaching the point where you have access to an airship (and probably meet some sort of Cid.) 0.25925925925926 25.9% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 54 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Shirtless Pants

14,100 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
AppleSpiceKat
Queequeg89
AppleSpiceKat

FF VIII
-beating Ultimecia, my gosh that has been the worst final boss battle for me of all the games so far, can't believe I won with only Squall left crying

She was the hardest boss for me too!! I don't even know how many times I had to try that battle before finally winning... I, too, only had Squall left once I finally beat her. I had my characters all leveled up and had drawn a bunch of Ultima spells... It was so difficult...

I just played the game poorly. I ended up relying on my GF's a lot because for most of the game I could. But obviously be the end you couldn't. So I had sucky weapons and did poor amounts of physical damage and only figured out the junctioning thing fully near the end. Thank goodness for limit breaks and hero drinks. sweatdrop
Hopefully next time around with this game I'll play it a little better.

I didn't really know about junctions for a while either... I hate the beginnings of FF games where they have to explain some complicated system for ten minutes, so sometimes I zone out and skip the explanations... But I did know what was going on by the end... I must have just had a really bad strategy. whee

Shadowy Streaker

FFVIII:
-The opening scene with Liberi Fatali playing while Seifer and Squall duel
-Seifer picking on Squall and Zell in car to Balamb
-Meeting Irvine, his opening scene (because damn)
-Laguna and his adventures for sure, especially when he's Lunatic Pandora and says, "He feels a draft on his butt"
-Selphie wanting to blow things to smithereens.
-Being able to play Irvine for a while
-Winhill and Shumi Village Side quests
-Beating Mobile Weapon 8 with Irvine and Diablos, after thinking I was going to die. That was badass.
-Ending credits with Seifer smiling (*u*), Laguna, and Selphie making the video and that whole thing.
8D

FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus:
-Being the first FF I ever beaten.
-Nero the Sable <3

FFXII:
-Anything Basch, Balthier, and Vayne <3
-The fact that when one character dies, you can switch to another.
-Everything. I love XII.

FFCC: the Crystal Bearers:
-The fact that you could pick people up and throw them or throw things at the people. Best part of whole game.
-Second FF game I've beaten after much frustration with final boss D<

Shirtless Pants

14,100 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
serpent of midgard

FFXII:

I liked that too. You can have your whole party die and as long as you've got other reserve characters still alive, you can bring them in and still win the battle. whee It came in useful a couple times when I would have otherwise been screwed.

Shadowy Streaker

Queequeg89
serpent of midgard

FFXII:

I liked that too. You can have your whole party die and as long as you've got other reserve characters still alive, you can bring them in and still win the battle. whee It came in useful a couple times when I would have otherwise been screwed.

Yeah, it was amazing to do that. Like I would have lost many boss battles had it not been for that ability. Thank you XII for being awesome like that xD

Thieving Trafficker

Hands down my favorite final fantasy moment was from 7. The date. And no, I dont mean the women. The hilarity of watching a rather effeminate blond man date mr T.

Otherwise, I rename my characters so I get a lot of really unintentionally hilarious lines.

Devout Duelist

I love when Kuja just casually kicked Garland off a cliff in FFIX
Best

Dapper Genius

6,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Junior Trader 100
I personally just lovelovelove character development, I love when characters reveal their backstory and personality stuff I love it.
I also really like researching the geography and history of the game world, including cultures and religions (EX: FFX)
Buuut stuff like that is probably just because I aspire to work in game design mad

Friendly Humorist

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
FFXIII - Attack on Eden. Such a badass scene. I also really like when Snow and the Shiva sisters take down all those troops in the city.

FFX - Yuna's wedding scene. I love the whole storming into the city theme, I guess xD

FFVII - Aeris' death scene. I loved Aeris. I missed her afterwards. Even though that scene was so sad, who can argue that it wasn't beautiful?

Shirtless Pants

14,100 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I've been playing FFV and I must say I have so many favourite moments in it. I loved when Galuf and Bartz acted like they thought Faris was hot before they found out she was a girl, and once she finally admitted it, they still acted surprised (think they went a little gay for a moment, and I like that.)

I also like the 90's feel to it. We were fighting someone, maybe Gilgamesh, and he said something along the lines of "oh, you're really kicking my a**... NOT!" and it made me laugh so much. Of course, he didn't swear, but that's the gist of it. The "not!" part was the funniest.

And I loved finding the moogles and the moogle suit. I put that suit on and ran around with the moogles like crazy for about five minutes.

Of course all the people who die along the way makes me really sad... I read a bit about this game online in advance, but not much, because I didn't want to spoil it. I knew Krile would be replacing Galuf at some point, but I didn't know Galuf was going to die... He's been in our party the whole time... I'm so sad... And Hydra the dragon... (note: I'm playing the PS1 version. the names might be off...)

Considering all the characters look like legos, they sure make me sad... They need to remake this one for PS3 with good graphics... It's such a great game and the characters deserve to be seen as beautiful as recent FF characters have been. My only stipulation: Faris keeps her purple hair and Reina keeps her pink hair.

Beloved Rogue

9,850 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Battle: KO 200
.: One of my absolute favorite moments is when...

Final Fantasy IX- The Ending-- Its really cute! And another thing I like about this game that made me excited was defeating some of the bosses

Final Fantasy X- Winning the first blitzball tournament-- iTS REALLY HARD

Final Fantasy X-2- The Ending--- Ohhh Yunaa :'D

Final Fantasy- 4HOL; Ascending to the max 100th floor in the secret towers.

Final Fantasy Tactics- Getting the Dark Knight class :.

Dapper Explorer

AppleSpiceKat
FF I (GBA)

FF XII
-the cutscenes that happen at the top of Pharos (Dr.Cid berating Gabranth, Dr.Cid's death and farewell to Balthier)
-the scene with Al-Cid and Larsa
:

I really dont want to sound like a d**k for correcting you.... I'm sorry. T__T

Small correction, if I may. That was Reddas who sacrificed himself to defeat Dr. Cid and Famfrit at the top of the Pharos in the Ridorana Cataract. I know because this was a really touching moment for me as well. 3nodding

User Image
Final Fantasy VII: Intro where it shows all of Midgar and steadily goes in to show the hijacked train and the beginning of your adventure.
- And the ending of the game was superb.

Final Fantasy X: Zanarkand being taken into the sky at the beginning

Final Fantasy XII: The fight for Nalbina Fortress

Sparkly Dabbler

9,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
sideQuest64
AppleSpiceKat
FF I (GBA)

FF XII
-the cutscenes that happen at the top of Pharos (Dr.Cid berating Gabranth, Dr.Cid's death and farewell to Balthier)
-the scene with Al-Cid and Larsa
:

I really dont want to sound like a d**k for correcting you.... I'm sorry. T__T

Small correction, if I may. That was Reddas who sacrificed himself to defeat Dr. Cid and Famfrit at the top of the Pharos in the Ridorana Cataract. I know because this was a really touching moment for me as well. 3nodding

Lol maybe how I wrote it didn't come out clear? sweatdrop (possible you read "berating" as "beating"?). The scene when Gabranth appears and then Dr. Cid, more or less, tells him he is a failure to the trust Larsa places in him and can kindly go away (though much more fancy like) was which I was referring as an example of events that take place at the top of Pharos.
But yes, Reddas' sacrifice is also memorable scene. All of the events atop of Pharos. heart

Thank you regardless. And don't worry, you didn't sound like a jerk (lol though I'm hoping I'm not sounding like a jerk now). 3nodding

FF I : The Ending

FF IV : Kain's first backstabbing and the fight between him and Cecil

FF VI : The Opera

FF VII : Finding out the truth about Cloud, Cloud summoning the Black Materia, Date on the Gold Saucer if you have Barret rofls.

FF IX : The You're Not Alone bit, Zidane and Kuja's last moment, Zidane talking to Dagger about his childhood.

FF X : Tidus finding out the truth about Yuna. Yuna sticking up to Seymour in the ice temple.

FF XIII : Any moments with Snow and Serah together
whee

Genius

Final fantasy 12, it felt so good to beat the hardest boss of all video games ever made, yiazmat the dragon.

with 50 million hp with insta death attacks and protection against holy it took about 2 days to grind for 3 legendary dark ninja type weapons and then it took me 7 hours to beat yiazmat and yes it takes that long to beat him unless you perform certain glitches or farmed for the best gear in the game!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff