Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of these is your favourite moment of playing a new final fantasy game?

Finding the chocobo forest (or wherever the chocobos live in that particular game.) 0.092592592592593 9.3% [ 5 ]
Finally adding the final member to your party. 0.092592592592593 9.3% [ 5 ]
Fighting extra bosses after beating the final boss - leveling up beyond reason so you can beat absolutely any fiend in the game. 0.14814814814815 14.8% [ 8 ]
Finally making it past all the tutorials so that you can be self-sufficient. 0.14814814814815 14.8% [ 8 ]
Making it to the point where you can finally choose your own party members. 0.25925925925926 25.9% [ 14 ]
Reaching the point where you have access to an airship (and probably meet some sort of Cid.) 0.25925925925926 25.9% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 54 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Diamond Pants

25,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
What are some of your very favourite moments from the games? These can be cut scenes, or certain battles you felt really good to finally beat... Anything that remains in your memory as one of your all-time favourite moments from playing any of the Final Fantasy games...

Here are some of my favourites to get us started: (of course these may contain spoilers...)

Final Fantasy X - Finally completing all the tasks necessary to gain the Magus Sisters as my aeons. I worked so hard to get them, and was so happy to finally have them as my allies.

- Gaining Rikku as a regular party member. She's my favourite character in FFX, so when she finally joined my party for real, I was of course so excited! Stealing/Mugging is one of my favourite things to do in Final Fantasy games.

- Beating Nemesis for the first time. FFX was the game I over-leveled my characters the most in, and Nemesis was the hardest fiend to beat.

Final Fantasy VIII - Beating Edea. I'm not sure if I just had a terrible strategy or what, but she was the most difficult Final Fantasy boss ever for me. When I finally beat her, I felt so happy! I even remember how it happened... Squall was my only character left standing and he had tons of status ailments. I barely beat her.

Final Fantasy XIII - Finding the chocobos. I kept hearing little hints that the forest was somewhere around, and could see them running around in Gran Pulse. When I completed the right missions and was finally able to ride them, it was the best!

Of course I have other favourite moments from these games and the others... but what are yours?
FFXII - when you are aboard the airship shiva and can have vossler in your party
i looooove vossler his pixels/graphics w/e are hot redface

-fighting ultima

FFX - 'i can fly' scene where yuna shows her resolve and dives off the top of the building

- the sending

-opening cutscene is so badass

-fighting yunalesca

-macalania suteki da ne scene xD

FFV - there was a boss in a book that took me 2 tries to beat. only boss in that game i didnt beat on the first try! felt good to crush him!

-when the dragon dies ):

FFVIII - waltz for the moon scene

Diamond Pants

25,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Yes! Yuna jumping off the building, calling and landing on her aeon was a great scene. And if you're referring to the sending in Kilika, I loved that one too.
I - The very beginning of the game where you emerge from the overworld map and the triumphant main theme is playing, ready for you to start your adventure.

II - also the beginning of the game, the first time you leave Fynn, hearing the somber melody of the Overworld map. It's the same idea as the first game, only this theme hits you hard and tells you this isn't going to be a happy adventure.

III - Successfully destroying the Cloud of Darkness. It's a long joining and a difficult right to get through so I can't help but breath a sigh of relief.

IV - When Rydia rejoined my party as a full grown adult. They fake-killed off a lot people in this game, but I was happiest to see her alive and well.

V - Probably receiving the last of the job classes. I love job class battle systems and aside from X-2 I think that V did it the best. So having so many jobs to choose from was just glorious.

VI - The opera. Hands down the single most impressive piece of cinema to come out of a Super Nintendo game. Beaten out by possibly only one other thing, that thing being FFVI's ending.

VII - The attack on Junon. When the Weapons are unleashed, the Sapphire Weapon kicks it off by going into this whole elaborate sequence taking on the town of Junon.

VIII - The opening cutscene. Liberia Fatali is one of the most impressive looking and sounding sequences in the series. It's just a shame that everything that followed didn't even come close to living up to it.

IX - Bahamut vs. Alexander - similar to the Sapphire weapon's attack, but even more awesome.

X - The ending. Nothing has ever brought me closer to bawling like a baby than that ending.

XI - The first time I was walking around and someone healed me without me even having to ask. I love the community in this game.

XII - The first time I walked around the Salikawood. Such a pretty place.

XIII - The first time I encountered Orphan. I think the majority of the fal'Cie are really awesome looking, but Orphan takes the prize.

Shy Conversationalist

7,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
VII - Sister Ray VS Diamond Weapon (Poor Weapon)
VIII - Balamb Garden VS Galbadia Garden (Poor Motorcycles)
IX - Bahamut VS Alexander (Poor Castle)
X - Sin VS Mi'ihen. (Poor Chocobos)
XI - Shantotto VS Shantotto (Poor Aldo)
XII - Reddas VS Sun-Cryst (Poor Cid)
XIII - L'Cie VS Random Race Cars (Poor Random Race Cars)

Funny how all the best scenes can be worded with a "VS". whee

Diamond Pants

25,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Raemyi

X - Sin VS Mi'ihen. (Poor Chocobos)

Oh, man... That makes me so sad. Those poor chocobos... I always feel sad when animals who are being used by humans die in battles and whatnot... Like horses getting shot (or eaten by zombies...)
X
- Yuna's first sending in kalika
- fighting Seymour at macalania temple, then switching to Yuna to use her new aeon, Shiva, and her overdrive ability, diamond dust 4laugh

XII
- getting to play as Fran
- just playing XII (its just soo stunning..the details, the story, the battle system..oh my heart )

XIII
- the vestige
- the chocobo chick in Sazh's hair
- watching the nautilus parade cutscene

XIII-2
- Sazh DLC story..AND when i got Sazh's monster stone
- for some reason i loved the paradox endings..even though they were sad..i thought it was a nice touch

Diamond Pants

25,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
FAWN MILK
X
- Yuna's first sending in kalika
- fighting Seymour at macalania temple, then switching to Yuna to use her new aeon, Shiva, and her overdrive ability, diamond dust 4laugh

XII
- getting to play as Fran
- just playing XII (its just soo stunning..the details, the story, the battle system..oh my heart )

XIII
- the vestige
- the chocobo chick in Sazh's hair
- watching the nautilus parade cutscene

XIII-2
- Sazh DLC story..AND when i got Sazh's monster stone
- for some reason i loved the paradox endings..even though they were sad..i thought it was a nice touch

I'm guessing you really love Sazh. biggrin

Another of my favourite scenes in FFXIII is when you find the cactuar and giant cactuar and Sazh freaks out about it, "I know that trot! It is you!" He just seems like he's going insane. Those cactuars make me feel crazy, because they are so absurd-looking. Sometimes I purposefully seek out the giant cactuar just to watch Sazh freak out.
CRISIS CORE
- GETTING 7777 ON THAT WEIRD SLOTS THING xp
(i remember playing the whole game quite low levelled..and towards the end that slot machine spammed 7777 like 18 times..IN A ROW)
Queequeg89

ahah its so hard to identify which was my favourite character in XIII because they are just so amazing..that i cant love one more then the other heart

redface but yeah i havent got up to that mission yet..im trying to get the treasure hunter trophy before i continue with missions sweatdrop
but yeah, i do enjoy watching Sazh's reactions to things xp

Diamond Pants

25,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
FAWN MILK
Queequeg89

ahah its so hard to identify which was my favourite character in XIII because they are just so amazing..that i cant love one more then the other heart

redface but yeah i havent got up to that mission yet..im trying to get the treasure hunter trophy before i continue with missions sweatdrop
but yeah, i do enjoy watching Sazh's reactions to things xp

I think my favourite is Fang. I really like Vanille too, and I'm not really sure which I like more sometimes... But I love Snow and Sazh too. Lightning is kind of funny. She's such a grouch... whee

Probably very few people would agree with me on this, but I really don't like Hope... Besides him, I like the rest of the characters.
Queequeg89

nope..i agree with you there..Hope was my least favourite..to whiny for my liking..why couldnt he be more like Vivi..

but yeah when i think about it i do like Lightning and Vanille the most..just because i liked their characters and Lightings quest to find herself..it was really touching. OH and with saying that..

IX
- when your captured by Garland(i think thats what his name is) and Zidane has to endure a moment of heartbreaking confusion when your imprisoned, and you just keep entering fights by yourself; but with every fight, one of your allies joins the team trying to wake Zidane from his zombie like state telling him that they are friends..but he keeps pressing on cluelessly.. crying

Fated Paladin

FFI
  • Getting to cross the bridge and the Opening Theme plays.

FFII
  • Taking Ricard to Deist so he can meet Elina and Kain.
  • Every scene with Mateus, but especially when you meet him in Arubboth after he's taken over Heaven and is still a deliciously evil b*****d.

FFIV
  • Edward fighting the Sahagin alone, as well as him using Whisperweed to help defeat the Dark Elf.
  • Cecil reading the naughty magazine.
  • Being able to kick Edge out of the party and replace him with Edward in the Advance version.

FFVI
  • That whole opera scene.

FFVII
  • Cloud's Dragtastic adventures in Wall Market.
  • Cloud's Nibelheim flashback in Kalm.
  • Red XIII learning the truth about his father.

FFVII:AC(C)
  • Marlene imitating Barret.
  • The battle between Cloud and Sephiroth.

CC:FFVII
  • Meeting Lazard, as well as reading the hints from NPCs and e-mails about his real identity.

FFIX
  • Zidane gathering up all the ingredients to turn Cid back into a human... and he turns into a frog.
  • The two black mages staying behind so they can take care of Bobby Corwen. Awww~
  • Visiting Bran Bal.
  • All the scenes with Kuja~

FFX
  • The flashbacks with little Seymour and his mother. D;
  • All of Seymour's scenes in general.

FFX-2
  • Both of the concerts.
  • Baralai's sphere.
  • The good ending where Tidus and Yuna are reunited.

FFXII
  • Larsa joining the party
  • Every scene with Vayne.
  • The scenes just before fighting Dr. Cid where he is just hamming it up.

FFXIII-2
  • The paradox ending where Snow and Serah fly away on the Shiva bike.

FFT
  • Ramza commanding Construct 8 to dance and then to kill Mustadio, then frantically searching for a Phoenix Down when he actually obeys.

DFF/DDFF
  • Vaan interrupting Kefka and running off with Terra
  • Laguna's interactions with Squall.
  • The ending of Cycle 13. Right in the nostalgia!
  • Again, all of the Emperor's scenes~

Diamond Pants

25,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
FAWN MILK
Queequeg89

nope..i agree with you there..Hope was my least favourite..to whiny for my liking..why couldnt he be more like Vivi..

but yeah when i think about it i do like Lightning and Vanille the most..just because i liked their characters and Lightings quest to find herself..it was really touching. OH and with saying that..

IX
- when your captured by Garland(i think thats what his name is) and Zidane has to endure a moment of heartbreaking confusion when your imprisoned, and you just keep entering fights by yourself; but with every fight, one of your allies joins the team trying to wake Zidane from his zombie like state telling him that they are friends..but he keeps pressing on cluelessly.. crying

I agree. I love the moments when you're all alone and you're pretty sure you're ******** but then your other party members join you.

Another good FFIX moment(s) - Eiko's age-inappropriate lines. She's meant to be six years old and she calls people bimbos... She's hilarious.
Queequeg89

Eiko is just the sweetest, i kinda remember her always trying to get Zidane to fall head over heals in love with her..then she'd get abusive when he didnt lol

sweatdrop now i really want to play IX

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces