4,400 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
Byakugami
ThisPhenomenon
Byakugami
ThisPhenomenon
I mean s**t I run into a good Shuma player and I had no freaking idea how to defend against that and same goes for Dr. Strange...
Not surprising, Shuma, Jill and Hsein Ko are all very underused.

Dr.Strange has some presence since he is actually a beast of a character when played right, but I can see people not wanting to play him.
Dr. Strange's pallier hyper is somewhat callable but it's still instant lol
Yes but its damage isn't the greatest and it scales pretty badly.
Ya... It's not really a good combo ender either lol

Distinct Raider

ThisPhenomenon
Byakugami
ThisPhenomenon
Byakugami
ThisPhenomenon
I mean s**t I run into a good Shuma player and I had no freaking idea how to defend against that and same goes for Dr. Strange...

Dr.Strange has some presence since he is actually a beast of a character when played right, but I can see people not wanting to play him.
Dr. Strange's pallier hyper is somewhat callable but it's still instant lol
Yes but its damage isn't the greatest and it scales pretty badly.
Ya... It's not really a good combo ender either lol
Its not meant to be a combo ender. you use it to punish whiffs from your opponent, or as a safe way to tag Strange in and out.

Unsealed Rogue

13,975 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
Byakugami
I tried making Hsien-Ko work with Captain America and Dormammu. Cross-ups everywhere :'O
Cap's backflip, Hsien-Ko's ridiculous forward dash, Dormammu's teleports; Cap on point with Dormammu as anchor.

It worked to a certain extent. Sadly I had limited options with Cap as point. I had to rely upon assists to open up which was dangerous. If I recall, Dorm's Dark Hole and Hsien-Ko's Senpu Bu assists aren't safe on start-up. I also don't think Cap has an overhead normal or special. (I could be wrong) 'Twas fun though: using Hsien-Ko's hyper armor... Too OP.
Don't go with the lowest of the low, characters like Hsien Ko, Jill, Shuma Girath etc. It's impossible to get far with them! Just pick a good, respectable team, and make it your own. I, myself run Wolverine, Akuma and Wesker.

Distinct Raider

Ninja Crash40
Don't go with the lowest of the low, characters like Hsien Ko, Jill, Shuma Girath etc. It's impossible to get far with them! Just pick a good, respectable team, and make it your own. I, myself run Wolverine, Akuma and Wesker.
Lol Neither Jill nor Shuma are considered super low tier. Jill can actually beast on and Shuma can work given the right team set up.

Unsealed Rogue

13,975 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
Byakugami
Lol Neither Jill nor Shuma are considered super low tier. Jill can actually beast on and Shuma can work given the right team set up.
When played right, Jill can destroy an entire team by herself. Of course, same can be said to Shuma. But honestly, I don't see a lot of Shumas in the business. Only hAZ Angelic pops into mind when someone says Shuma.

Distinct Raider

Ethozz
Byakugami
When played right, Jill can destroy an entire team by herself. Of course, same can be said to Shuma. But honestly, I don't see a lot of Shumas in the business. Only hAZ Angelic pops into mind when someone says Shuma.
How can you forget P Gorath? The man pioneered Shuma play.

But yes its true, there isn't much in the way of Shuma players. Jill has a lot of great tools, and if used at her absolute potential she is leaps and bounds better than Shuma. Sad part is that she requires such good execution that it makes it nigh impossible to use her.

Unsealed Rogue

13,975 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
Byakugami
How can you forget P Gorath? The man pioneered Shuma play.

But yes its true, there isn't much in the way of Shuma players. Jill has a lot of great tools, and if used at her absolute potential she is leaps and bounds better than Shuma. Sad part is that she requires such good execution that it makes it nigh impossible to use her.
Bah! Of course! How could I? It's probably because I see more of Angelic than P Gorath. What they have in common is a nasty duo with Wolverine and Shuma. Mystic Ray assist is too good and too sneaky with Wolverine. Anyway I'm rambling, but I simply enjoy watching Shuma combos.

Yeah, agreed, a good Jill requires execution. I can't play her at all. I guess I'll stick with Dante for now.

Dangerous Hunter

I use shuma.
If anyone want ro play me let me know.

Desirable Hellraiser

11,700 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
        Well, I use Morrigan, Felicia, & Jill. Love, the Morrigan + Felicia combo.
        It's really matter of preference, not really team comp.
        Though, some teams do have advantage over some, plus with their cons too.
        Every team has pros n' cons.

Distinct Raider

LADY KAMA SUCCUBOSS
Considering the format of the game, Team Composition is very important, which sometimes irks me.

I have characters I like, but I can't for the life of me figure out a good way to get them to fit together nicely, so I have to resort to characters that fit better but I may not necessarily like using them as much.

I find unlike MvC2, I have a harder time striking that balance of characters I like and can do well.

Aged Hunter

4,400 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
Byakugami
LADY KAMA SUCCUBOSS
Considering the format of the game, Team Composition is very important, which sometimes irks me.

I have characters I like, but I can't for the life of me figure out a good way to get them to fit together nicely, so I have to resort to characters that fit better but I may not necessarily like using them as much.

I find unlike MvC2, I have a harder time striking that balance of characters I like and can do well.
Yep I know that feeling -_-

Steadfast Defender

I play an Arthur/Doctor Strange/Strider Hiryu team, but that's probably not what you had in mind....

Although this team has Doctor Doom in it, it ALSO has Spider-Man and Hsien-Ko. CHECK 'EM: http://odofaction.com/just-combos-umvc3-spider-man-and-hsien-ko-feat-doctor-doom/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff