Welcome to Gaia! ::

I like UMvC but not as much as I like Tatsunoko vs Capcom. I dislike how we all can infinite juggle each other to death and that's game, sure it makes it quick but it just depends on who slips up first.

Profitable Tycoon

5,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
mr.wright Dante And Veiwtuful joe

Unsealed Rogue

13,975 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
Maeda Koji
I like UMvC but not as much as I like Tatsunoko vs Capcom. I dislike how we all can infinite juggle each other to death and that's game, sure it makes it quick but it just depends on who slips up first.
Most of the time, it's all about execution. Yeah, you find your opponent slipping, but could you actually "finish your plate?" Quick finishes require flawless execution.

Altruistic Hunter

Maeda Koji

I hear you dude. I miss my team of Hurricane Polimar/Karas. I still have the game, mind you. It's just that the online isn't too great and I'm no longer good at it.

Altruistic Hunter

Ethozz
Maeda Koji
Most of the time, it's all about execution. Yeah, you find your opponent slipping, but could you actually "finish your plate?" Quick finishes require flawless execution.

It's true. Marvel isn't so much a game of opening up your opponents, but having a strong neutral game to keep your opponent where you want them to be so you have the advantage if they mess up.

Nobody who plays a character based only on the character's position on a tier list would be a person I'd take particularly seriously as a player. That kind of anti-creativity isn't conducive to a competitive mindset, or even a constructive one.
Yuna and Raika

Nobody who plays a character based only on the character's position on a tier list would be a person I'd take particularly seriously as a player. That kind of anti-creativity isn't conducive to a competitive mindset, or even a constructive one.

Ah, dammit. Here I thought I was one of the cool kids, then I look up a tier list and find Zero, Spencer, and Doom are considered S-tier. D: [/foreveruncool]
Cocaine Samurai
Yuna and Raika

Ah, dammit. Here I thought I was one of the cool kids, then I look up a tier list and find Zero, Spencer, and Doom are considered S-tier. D: [/foreveruncool]

Imagine how I felt when the first major tournament for "vanilla" Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was won by a She-Hulk main. All my hipster cred, gone!

Distinct Raider

Yuna and Raika

I don't find anything wrong with tier-whoring. If you are in a competitive setting, you should be in it to win it, and using what is considered the best tends to be the easiest way to do it.

With that being said, I don't find anything wrong with wanting to experiment and try out new characters when you aren't being put to through the rigors of competitive play.

Hell when I watch streams of weekly tournaments, its fun to see new and interesting characters. I would lump online play into this kind of mindset as well. Nothing is on the line but some imaginary points and maybe some pride, so have some fun and get whacky.

Spending time playing underused characters could lead to some interesting tech.

Aged Hunter

4,400 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
Byakugami
Yuna and Raika

I don't find anything wrong with tier-whoring. If you are in a competitive setting, you should be in it to win it, and using what is considered the best tends to be the easiest way to do it.

With that being said, I don't find anything wrong with wanting to experiment and try out new characters when you aren't being put to through the rigors of competitive play.

Hell when I watch streams of weekly tournaments, its fun to see new and interesting characters. I would lump online play into this kind of mindset as well. Nothing is on the line but some imaginary points and maybe some pride, so have some fun and get whacky.

Spending time playing underused characters could lead to some interesting tech.
I guess that's motivating xD

Aged Hunter

4,400 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
I mean s**t I run into a good Shuma player and I had no freaking idea how to defend against that and same goes for Dr. Strange...

Aged Hunter

4,400 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
Well I mean in general till this very day I have no absolute idea how to fight a good Shuma,Jill, Dr. Strange and Hesin Ko

Distinct Raider

ThisPhenomenon
I mean s**t I run into a good Shuma player and I had no freaking idea how to defend against that and same goes for Dr. Strange...
Not surprising, Shuma, Jill and Hsein Ko are all very underused.

Dr.Strange has some presence since he is actually a beast of a character when played right, but I can see people not wanting to play him.

Aged Hunter

4,400 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
Byakugami
ThisPhenomenon

Dr.Strange has some presence since he is actually a beast of a character when played right, but I can see people not wanting to play him.
Dr. Strange's pallier hyper is somewhat callable but it's still instant lol

Distinct Raider

ThisPhenomenon
Byakugami
ThisPhenomenon

Dr. Strange's pallier hyper is somewhat callable but it's still instant lol
Yes but its damage isn't the greatest and it scales pretty badly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff