Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Consumer 100
I played many fighting games during my years of gaming. After you made it far enough, you will eventually have to fight a character that is supposed to be better than the rest.

You can discuss the most difficult bosses you had to fight in a fighting game.

Here is my list from what I can recall the most.

Jinpachi from Tekken 5 and Tekken Dark Resurrection: His attacks are not only brutal, but his techniques are unfair for the average players to deal with. He can induce stun, drain some of your health, and even power up to use his fire ball attack two times in a row and one hit can take nearly or half your health. Can he seriously destroy the universe?

Duke from King of Fighter Maximum Impact: I couldn't beat him on the default difficulty (normal), so I changed the difficulty to the second to easiest difficulty and he is still a sturdy lid to open. His special guage is always maxed out to level 3 and he always uses his special consistently when the going is tough. Yeah, there are ways to evade, but that takes a lot practice and a lot of patience that some average players don't always have. If you can beat him on the hardest difficulty, you should call yourself the Emperor/Empress of Fighters.

Goro from the Mortal Kombat series: I always had the toughest time fighting Goro in Mortal Kombat 1 and 4. He is tougher than the end boss. It took me about an hour to beat Goro in MK1 and the truth is, it is actually my first time making it that far. Since this wasn't played on an emulator, but as part of the Midway Arcade Collection for the PSP, I couldn't accept quitting the game and pressed on. I kept experimenting with different characters in was to defeat Goro. I can never evade his hopping. It's tough s**t if you are fighting a man with 4 arms. I'm envious.

Galactus from (Ultimate) Marvel VS Capcom 3: First he sends out a Wesker and Doctor Doom clone at me before I can take Galactus on. He fires off all these lazer beams from his hands and fingers. His punches are devasting. Don't leave yourself open for him to do a combo or you're gonna have a bad time; the combo results are often ridiculously high. Whenever he grabs my character and tries to crush him/her, the game forces me to torture my controller by button mashing to be free before any or further damage is ensued. Galactus also has a special attack that will annihilate my character. I find myself continuing 20 times on the normal difficulty before I can defeat Galactus.

Yami from Tatsunoko VS Capcom: A character from Ookami. His first form drives me nuts. It's special attacks will screw you over among any specials you've been a victim of; it's specials consist of cutting you with his saw blades, and creating a pulse saying if you come within the radius of the blast, it will absorb all that you have in your special guage and add it to his health. It also fires off missiles for good measure. The second form isn't too hard as long as you steer clear of it' special where it grabs and crushes you and throws you down. The wannabe gamma wave is easy to avoid. It does a ton of b***h slap. The thrid form is where Yami utilizes a lot of techniques: creating tornados, sending meteors crashing down, firing a fire blast, and grabbing the character to trap him/her in it's hand torch, and some pounding. Imagine trying to take on Yami without any characters that can use projectiles; defeating that thing in the said method isn't easy, especially if you're using Ivan and Lightan

Abyss from MVC2: It's first form doesn't let up in charge attacks, super charged beam, raining green stuff, and green lightning, It doesn't flinch, ever. The second form is a nightmare, using mostly projectiles and trying to capture the fighter in it's booger bubbles. The third form drives any average player crazy because you have to hit this orb to deal damage in order to defeat Abyss.

Gill from Street Fighter III: As a kid playing the arcade game in a laundry mat, I can never beat Gill once. I was so close to beating him one time and when I deliver the finishing blow to K.O. him, the time runs out not before his ability Resurrection takes effect as if he wasn't hard enough. My knowlege of vocabulary isn't that expansive yet, so to that day, resurrection means coming back to life. That is so ******** cheap to think you finally put the dude out for the count to only use a Phoenix Down. His techniques consist of freezing and burning, I have little hope of defeating him.

Tabu from Super Smash Bros. Brawl: All of the boss characters are mini-bosses in an arcade beat'em up compared to Tabu. His techniques consist of slowly firing lazers, creating a blade and rushing to your character, and creating some super sonic wave that is guaranteed to send you launching and blown off screen. I can't remember all that much because I haven't fought him in very often. Every 10 times I lose, I just wanna smash the television with my Wiimote.

Onslaught from Marvel VS Capcom: His first form techniques consist of him charging, firing his lazer beam, sending out a Sentinel, creating shock waves, creating his Hyper Grab, and calling in air artillary. Onslaught can be a b***h when he lets a clone character do the fighting to make your life miserable. His second form doesn't ******** around, he will slam his fist in your face, shoot you with Eye Beam, create Hyper Grab, and his air artillary.

Aged Bunny

Most of SNK bosses.

Hygienic Bloodsucker

8,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Boss Battles (as a whole) on Intense difficulty in SSBB. That was stinking hard!

Dedicated Seeker

6,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Every iteration of Shao Khan. The two worst ones are Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 and Mortal Kombat 9 on Expert Mode.

Generous Exhibitionist

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Love Machine 150
SparkedSynapse
Every iteration of Shao Khan. The two worst ones are Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 and Mortal Kombat 9 on Expert Mode.

Oddly enough, I don't usually have trouble with Shao Khan in MK9, while I have -never- beaten him in MK3. Not even sure how that works, but MK3 Shao Khan is probably my choice for hardest fighting game boss I've faced for that reason exclusively. It's the only one I've never been able to beat with anybody.
-the final boss in tekken 6
-Justice in Guilty Gear 1
-Geese in Wild Ambition (he does a knockdown dash move before grabbing you while you're down)
-rugal in kof2002
-the final boss in samurai shodown 5 and 6
SNK bosses... I can never beat em lol
I am surprised nobody said Seth from Street Fighter IV. This guy is so fast and powerful. He teleports all over the place making him difficult to hit, and he hits hard. I can barely beat him on easy, on one round battles. Thankfully he was made easier on SSF4.

The bosses on Mortal Kombat 1 and 3 are insane too. Even more so actually. I beat MK3 ONCE. After many tries. I don't think I will ever beat MK1.
added a few Magaki from KOF XI, Shin Goki STREET FIGHTER 2 (Original) bosses are easy to me NOW but as a kid years ago yes they were hard. Just saying xp beat them with NO continues xd now but before continues A LOT stressed
oh yes... SHAO KHAN in MK9 "coughs" arcade mode he is easy but(Final Tower Level he is one tough cookie, Player Versus 4 in mode CPU: Goro,Kintaro, Mellinea, and Khan all four) took many tries for me but COMPLETED IT! with using SUB ZERO!
Bongardo
I am surprised nobody said Seth from Street Fighter IV. This guy is so fast and powerful. He teleports all over the place making him difficult to hit, and he hits hard. I can barely beat him on easy, on one round battles. Thankfully he was made easier on SSF4.

The bosses on Mortal Kombat 1 and 3 are insane too. Even more so actually. I beat MK3 ONCE. After many tries. I don't think I will ever beat MK1.
Try someone crazy strong play street fighter 2 ANY from Super,Hyper,HD remix and versus Shin Akuma (CPU SPECIAL BIG BOSS ONLY) he can damage you with 1 combo life goes Full to almost 1/4th remaining.

heres a sample game video how he is if never played it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIBa5qH6rO4

Dapper Elocutionist

Bongardo

You can easy abuse Seth's ai with proper spacing!

as for hardest fighting game boss it's probably Goenitz from kof 96 for me
I'd go with Gill from SF3 and Hazama from BB:CS (Not that tough, but annoying)

Aged Bunny

Adelheide
Bongardo

You can easy abuse Seth's ai with proper spacing!

as for hardest fighting game boss it's probably Goenitz from kof 96 for me

Infinite supers...yeah, he was so annoying in 96'.

Magaki, Goenitz, Shishioh, Gill, Ultimate Rugal, Vega, Mildred, Cyber-Gouki, NANCY-MI847J, Colossus.

No giant bosses(a la Onslaught/Abyss/Galactus) are actually that hard to beat if you know what blocking is, with the obvious exception of Colossus.

Feral Vampire

15,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Team Moira 200
Gill, and most SNK bosses in general, particularly Goenitz.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff