Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Exhibitionist

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Love Machine 150
I was worried we were only getting Four DLC characters for Injustice, as that's all that's been announced and Mortal Kombat 9 only got four despite promises of more than that if sales were good (they were VERY good, too.)

But, having just received Lobo... I have a new theory. NRS set a very specific deadline for the Season Pass of "All content by August", which seems odd for them if it's the only DLC they outright plan on. On top of that, Ed Boon has said "I definitely can't say with any confidence these will be the only DLC characters." Having downloaded Lobo... they've added him to the "Heroes" side of the roster, as a fourth character on the bottom row... Batgirl is also a "Hero", and Zod and Scorpion will be "Villains"... That's two added onto each side, making a new half-column each.

Stands to reason... they're going to release a season Season Pass to finish up those columns.

I wouldn't have specifically thought this if they had done what they had with MK9's DLC (a fold-out row), but this is actually forming new columns, and there is exactly enough room for eight characters.

So even though we're definitely getting Batgirl (and most likely Scorpion)... we could be seeing a future of a lot more characters, and hopefully some of the more highly desired ones.

Lobo is awesome, by the way. Definitely worth the download.

Dapper Spotter

Well for starters it's dangerous business to ever speak in absolutes, so that's personally where I stand on Boon's statement.

Other than that, it's all up in the air honestly. Season Passes as DLC are a common thing now because it encourages people to spend money on DLC because it's a chance to save a little bit of money. However as we've seen with Borderlands' Krieg, these Season Passes aren't necessarily going to cover all potential DLC costs.

So are they going to add more DLC characters after the 4th one? It's entirely possible and it would be profitable to them depending on who they put in. I don't like the business model that this is starting to create though.
beside I Personally only play it for raven

my favorite in the dc world of comic show and video games

so i can't complain plus i got the teen titans dlc so even more happy now heart heart heart

Tipsy Genius

So apparently, the guy who found the leak with Lobo, Batgirl, Zod and Scorpion found another source code. It wasn't really detailed, just initials, but as shown in Maximillian's video, it's pretty obvious who they are.

So if things are true, we're getting Martian Manhunter, Red Hood, Power Girl and Sub-Zero.
They Call Me Lunatic_
So apparently, the guy who found the leak with Lobo, Batgirl, Zod and Scorpion found another source code. It wasn't really detailed, just initials, but as shown in Maximillian's video, it's pretty obvious who they are.

So if things are true, we're getting Martian Manhunter, Red Hood, Power Girl and Sub-Zero.
I'm happy with that if that's true. I just wish they'd come out quicker.

High-functioning Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Ed Boon said He IS NOT adding Scorpion on his twitter

I personally say "Get out of here" *ba dum tss*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash