Welcome to Gaia! ::

DarkAngelKat777
When is Tekken Tag 2 supposed to be out?

Possibly Q4 this year, not sure.
Okita Sakata
paulmark64
For those who have Tekken Tag Tournament HD:
Who are the playable characters in the Tekken Tag 2 demo?

Jin/Kazuya (Devil Forms) and two other characters that I forgot. >.<
That's it.

Alisa and Xiaoyu are the other two characters.

Clean Rabbit

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
HYPE MODE GET! (Tekken Tag 2 Console Version Details)

Could this be the return...of lovable Kunimitsu? Or Michelle? (Okay, they're both longshots, but Michelle is especially more so---)

In any case, this and VF5 Final Showdown are going to be a customizer's dream (like myself) come true...and fighting game fans especially.

Magnetic Millionaire

12,525 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
DarkAngelKat777
When is Tekken Tag 2 supposed to be out?

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was released officially in Japanese arcades in September of 2011. There were location tests all around Asia before that date. There were even location tests in US arcades in December.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited was released just last month in various arcades around Asia.

The console version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will be released in September 2012:

Quote:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

NAMCO BANDAI GAMES ANNOUNCES ‘TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT™ 2′
AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 2012

Franchise that Created the Tag-Fighting Genre Returns to the Arena
on PlayStation®3 system and Xbox 360® this Fall

LAS VEGAS, Nevada, (April 11, 2012) – NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. today delivered a knockout blow with the announcement that TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT™ 2 will be coming to the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system this September.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Punches and Kicks Its Way to A September Release

Any other questions?

Clean Rabbit

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
It feels good to be a newscaster for Tekken! Taken from sgcafe.com

Specific Link: http://sgcafe.com/2012/04/tekken-tag-tournament-2-comes-home-to-consoles-in-september/

"The console version will feature more characters – over 50 as opposed to Unlimited’s 44 – as well as the usual overload of modes you’ve come to expect from Tekken home conversions. One mode that’s been revealed so far is Fight Lab. In it, according to the press release, “players can customize the moves and appearance of new training character, Combot.” Sounds like the create-a-ghost-data feature in the PSP versions of Tekken 5 and 6, albeit in upgraded form."

So at least five or six new characters, although I'm not sure if that's including Combot. Yay-yah!

Clean Rabbit

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
And now, straight from the man behind Tekken himself...

Katsuhiro Harada, from his Twitter page
Its amazing..50 characters in Tekken Tag Tournament 2......!!! - IvetCorny

Harada: Not 50.... MORE. I can say MORE.

...my mind just exploded. Figuratively, of course. Will we be seeing guest characters alongside returning cast characters? More importantly, if they do bring in guest characters, will they fit into the game and not feel out of place? (Cole in SFxT, I'm looking at you---) For that matter, could we see brand-new-from-the-ground-up characters or variations of present characters? (Variations like Jun/Asuka, Kuma/Panda...so Julia/Michelle, Marshall/Forest, etc.)

Clean Rabbit

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
The hype train for Tekken Tag 2 continues rollin'! When I read about Combot being customizable not only in appearance but in moveset, my first reaction was "Well, if there was a way to differentiate Combot from Mokujin as far as being a 'mimic' character goes, THAT'S the way to do it." I know I didn't call it from the beginning, but in the back of my mind, I had a feeling they were going to do something original with Combot.

Well, original as far as the Tekken series as done with it. I believe "Ace" from Street Fighter EX3 was essentially a "your choice of moves and he can do them" character, maybe even the first if memory serves right.

Honestly though, at this point I'm more hyped about the cast...particularly who'll make the cut. Customization has taken the backseat for now.

Precious Reindeer

10,750 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
ZX Virtuous
Katsuhiro Harada, from his Twitter page
Its amazing..50 characters in Tekken Tag Tournament 2......!!! - IvetCorny

Harada: Not 50.... MORE. I can say MORE.

All I can say is, after reading that, I spazzed hard. I'm so glad I put this on preorder, I can't wait until September until this thing is released. Until then, I'll play some TTT2 Prologue. 8D

Clean Rabbit

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
Tekken Tag 2 has a story mode, even though it's a non-canonical game? SAY WHA?! burning_eyes

from Harada's Twitter
Cpaxmax - Is there any story mode for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on the colsole version?

Harada - We have 1 min 30 sec to 2 min 30 sec story movie for a each character (much longer than Tekken 6). Over 50 characters.

This is news.

Clean Rabbit

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
from HARADA's Twitter
I'll announce SOME added character at E3 in L.A. ... I've lots of characters

E3 2012...GET HYPE!
Hey ZX, long time no see.

Clean Rabbit

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
ironermac
Hey ZX, long time no see.
ironermac...it really has been a long time since I've seen a post from you here.

In recent news:
kuni...Kuni...KUNI?!? AND ANGEL!? (and ogre...)

Right now, this should be taken at the rumor level, meaning this information isn't confirmed to be legit yet. Even still, it sure looks like legit art renders of the three. Certainly I'm excited...especially for Kunimitsu and Angel. Isn't it obvious? xd
The very notion of Kunimitsu coming back makes me endure fighting my brother's Eddy just to relearn her.

Timid Gaian

Kuni, Ogre, Angel and MICHELLE confirmed for free DLC.

Gosh. I could watch this video all day.

Clean Rabbit

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
Proof is in the building!

First Gameplay Snippets of Kunimitsu, Ogre, Angel, and...

MICHELLE FIGHTING CHANG! HI-YAH!

My mind is officially blown. And in a surprising turn of events, I'm currently more excited about Angel than I am with Kunimitsu for the time being. Michelle is looking great appearance and gameplay-wise as well, looking to bring back "dat vintage Julia" with a few original twists. As for Ogre---he's not on my hype meter whatsoever...he just never really appealed to me.

VF5:FS in the summer, and TTT2 & DOA5 in the fall...get ready to customize for the next battle!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff