Welcome to Gaia! ::

I hope they put alex in
Good Lord, when the hell are we going to get some new news on this game? I know it is early in development but still, can't they give us SOMETHING? They keep saying that they going to give some new info and then they just don't. Come on Capcom, at least give us a couple of new character announcements or something. The only thing I have heard since the game was announced last freakin' year is that Ken is in it, and that's just based off of some fan spotting his icon in a blurry photo. I'm starting to wonder if this is all some elaborate hoax for this year's April Fools! scream
Didnt they say they are making it into like, two games or something? One with Street Fighter gameplay, one with Tekken gameplay?

I lost interest after hearing that since it defeats the entire purpose. Pick one, or the other.
I don't see how that defeats the purpose. You can't mix 2D and 3D fighters. If you do only one way, the fans of one franchise won't be happy.
PsychoCharsima
I hope they put alex in
That would be f**king amazing. eek I can't wait to kick a** with Julia though. With such large rosters for both games, though, I can only imagine who will and will not make the cut.
Also, if they use remixes of the character themes from the older tekkens (1, 2, and 3) I will j**z in both my pants and yours.
but... are capcom and namco really working on this project?
i have a feeling the development of this game is not going smoothly.
paulmark64

I think its on hiatus or something, because its kinda stupid to be pitting a 3d against a 2d in the first place. Unless they use the versions of the street fighter characters from that old playstation era 3d street fighter game, I cant see a way for it to work.

I mean, you cant downgrade the 3d characters, so the only real option is to upgrade the 2d ones.

Let's face it, the concept of "Sidestepping" shoots nearly every Street Fighter strategy to hell.
Degalon3
Didnt they say they are making it into like, two games or something? One with Street Fighter gameplay, one with Tekken gameplay?

I lost interest after hearing that since it defeats the entire purpose. Pick one, or the other.
I must say, I disagree with you here. I don't think it's fair to cater to only half the fan base. I am looking forward to seeing the Tekken characters done in a Capcom art style, but I think I am looking even more forward to seeing the Street Fighters in a realistic higher end graphics style. Besides, with two games coming out that means a better chance of more characters appearing! biggrin
Degalon3
paulmark64

I think its on hiatus or something, because its kinda stupid to be pitting a 3d against a 2d in the first place. Unless they use the versions of the street fighter characters from that old playstation era 3d street fighter game, I cant see a way for it to work.

I mean, you cant downgrade the 3d characters, so the only real option is to upgrade the 2d ones.

Let's face it, the concept of "Sidestepping" shoots nearly every Street Fighter strategy to hell.
Yeah I agree that they will have to come up with a clever way to blend the two different gameplay styles, but I don't think fighting on a 2D plane is downgrade. Mortal Kombat is going back to 2D, and it looks like its going to be the first good MK game in several years. Some games work better on 2D planes. Like Marvel vs Capcom 3. It just depends on the gameplay mechanics.
B_Highwind
Degalon3
paulmark64

Yeah I agree that they will have to come up with a clever way to blend the two different gameplay styles, but I don't think fighting on a 2D plane is downgrade. Mortal Kombat is going back to 2D, and it looks like its going to be the first good MK game in several years. Some games work better on 2D planes. Like Marvel vs Capcom 3. It just depends on the gameplay mechanics.

Like I said though, Sidestepping is what makes the two game styles a whole world apart. That key feature is what creates two wildly different sets of game strategies.
Degalon3
B_Highwind
Degalon3
paulmark64

Like I said though, Sidestepping is what makes the two game styles a whole world apart. That key feature is what creates two wildly different sets of game strategies.
Yeah that's true. They have their work cut out for them. I know Capcom said they are going to give the Tekken characters new super moves to compensate for the Street Fighters' super and ultra combos. I don't know how Namco will deal with sidestepping or if the will allow supers. It seems that the characters from the visiting game will all have to be altered in some way. It's left to be seen whether these changes will upset the fans.
i wonder when they're gonna show another gameplay video of this game. i want to see how Jin fights in 2d.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff