Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

At Comic-Con 2010, two Street Fighter and Tekken cross-over games were announced. One from each company made in the style of their contributing franchise. This thread in particular will deal with the Capcom-made game, called Street Fighter X Tekken.

Will be updated with PSN user names and XBL gamertags when the game is released.
I worried about the lack of projectiles on the tekken side =/ unless they enable Kazuya and co. to start shooting fireballs too lol.

Anyways, I was hoping that Namco would make an SF game using their mechanics, and Capcom would make a Tekken game using SF mechanics. That would've been better imho. But, I guess I should wait for a proper trailer 'till I pass my judgement. I enjoy the games put out by both these companies, so I guess I have two new games to look forward too...

edit: watched first trailer. Didn't show much. Kazuya looks quite badass though.

'nother edit: saw better footage of gameplay on eventhubs. It actually looks fun in a really wierd way...
I'm kind of sad that they didn't go with a Capcom vs Namco game
and if Namco is actually making their own version of this I hope they show a trailer soon

Shy Hero

the street fighter version looks really good so far...I like how they say "Release date? not for awhile....so enjoy Marvel vs Capcom 3"

also good idea to have 2 versions of the game with one Tekken style and the other Street Fighter style...but like hantaihobo I wanna see the Tekken style gameply now
GameVideos has another shaky cam video of the gameplay footage. This one was taken from right up at the front of the crowd, so you can see the details better.
I thought this was a fan project.

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
I get to Lars with a Rasengan and Shoryuken.

Hopefully this game won't be a miserable joke like Street Fighter IV and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom were.
Rex Fidobuster

Hopefully this game won't be a miserable joke like Street Fighter IV and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom were.

Keeping mashed reversals out of the game would already be a huge step. I play a lot of SSFIV, I don't need another game where I should paranoid about reversals.

Clean Rabbit

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
On the non-gameplay side of things, who else noticed something familiar about the confrontation between Ryu and Kazuya? If you haven't seen it already, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzIdpII-0Ws

Nonetheless, the game being in existence definitely has hype behind it. I just hope both games turn out well, not just in sales, but in gameplay fun-factor execution.

(Sidenote: Why does this Kazuya not sound like the Kazuya I've heard many a time from Tekken 4 onward? Then again, this is a low quality video---)
I have been getting hype as ******** all day

Complete with throwing chairs in public places

So ******** sick. Kazuya has a command crouch dash to go under fireballs, and I bet the Hellsweep hits low (duh) for a sick 2-piece. Even if he didn't, not all characters have fireballs so wtf? Abel doesn't have a fireball but can push Ryu's s**t in. It's all about the tools they have to work with.

lol breathless

going to go on a limb and say that Tekken characters will probably be reliant on target combos similar to dudley. They're using actual Tekken moves though for all the SF s**t. Omg I'm so ******** hyped.

uuuuuuuuuuuuhn nikka
meh...not sold yet.

like Sio said, if we're not mashing reversals, that's a step in the right direction. But i'm not holding out. It's just SF4's engine with Tekken characters and a few in game tweaks.

would've prefered a actual Namco X Capcom fighter still.
Icege
I have been getting hype as ******** all day

Complete with throwing chairs in public places

So ******** sick. Kazuya has a command crouch dash to go under fireballs, and I bet the Hellsweep hits low (duh) for a sick 2-piece. Even if he didn't, not all characters have fireballs so wtf? Abel doesn't have a fireball but can push Ryu's s**t in. It's all about the tools they have to work with.

lol breathless

going to go on a limb and say that Tekken characters will probably be reliant on target combos similar to dudley. They're using actual Tekken moves though for all the SF s**t. Omg I'm so ******** hyped.

uuuuuuuuuuuuhn nikka

I just pictured you doing Breathless on a chair. I lol'd.

Kazuya also seemed to be able to cancel the crouch dash, because he slid backwards a bit before dashing forward again during one part of the video.

And from what I can see, everyone has chain combos.

Clean Rabbit

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
I'll probably give this one more attention than MvC3, to be honest. No Rival School characters in MvC3 is somewhat of a disappointment...but back on topic to SxT, I'm going to do something uncharacteristic and call out a major nerf to Tekken's Japanese characters if they do a dual-language audio option like they've done to SF4 and SSF4...

Gameplay wise, this looks to be a little different from vanilla and Super 4. Aside from the tag-team format, do you suppose they'll add other gameplay elements to separate it from "just being another 'rehash' (albeit in crossover form) of 4?"
I sure ******** hope so. I want to see the Ultra mechanic gone or at least changed, and the FA system changed. Last thing I want is just SSFIV with Tekken characters and chain combos. Maybe the Ultra can be done under some sort of special timed mode.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff