Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quote:
Do you like it? Why do you like it? How long how have you liked it?

Oh yes! I love it! It's one of the most involved and competitive fighting games I've ever played! I've been playing it since I got KOF 1996 for the Sega Saturn

Quote:
What's your favourite game?

I got to say KOF 2002, its got the best cast of characters and all my favorites are there

Quote:

What's your favourite character? Who are you best with?

My favorite character is Terry Bogard, and he is also my best fighter!

Quote:
What's your favourite team? Do you pick the game defaults? How has your team changed over the years?

My favorite team would be - Terry, Andy and Billy. I dont commonly pick the game defaults, but I have been trying to learn how to play Joe so I can use the whole Fatal Fury team. When I first began playing KOF though, I used namely Terry, Leona and Yamazaki, but now I've gotten really good w/ Andy and Billy, but I still use Leona and Yamazaki from time to time.

Quote:
Which hero is the best? Which storyline is the best?

I never paid much attention to "the hero" of storyline, but I think K' is pretty cool with his story and all
Nesty_Angel
k9999 and kula aren' that hard to use actually although k9999's supers with the pretzel motion is hard. and all of the characters that i've mentioned have infinity combo potential.

k9999 have you even seen his combos? no really have you? that goes for all nest saga characters in both 2k1 and 2k2. with a mere 1 guage they can dish out so much dmg and with 2 for max mode combos PLUS super desperation moves even more dmg.

i sure hope we are both talking about maylee as in maylee from the korean team. do you by chance know that she's got infinties in 2k1? really she does. and if you block it still chips you down and if you don't block you'll be in the air pouncing up and down the screen. k9999 isn't that hard to play either and it doens't matter if he only has 3 moves. you turtle, then when yo usee an opening, you go in and do his multiple short jumsp with jb or fierce..

i've seen enough tourney vids from pakistan and singapore for me to see otherwise.

Nesty I totally agree with you here... K9999 and Kula are great gameplay characters... I just don't care for they way they look

K9999 total rip off from Tetsuo, Kula... kinda boring.

I have seen those Paki videos... insane stuff, and Maylee just rules the hell outta characters. K9999 is the same thing... just kickass in gameplay
by the way...kula is broken. if i used mary and kula on the same team with basically ANYONE else, youre just ********.

marys my best that invloves real skill whatsoever, while kula...yeah.
kula has an unstoppable 6-7 hit combo that starts with hard punch, and her super (hcb hcb pp) does over half damage.

her char doesnt suck, but gah shes too good.

im glad they didnt, but i wish they had put her in 2003...my main team would be complete.
Olaf
by the way...kula is broken. if i used mary and kula on the same team with basically ANYONE else, youre just ********]
Hardly. Kula lacks range and a decent AA outside of her ground CD, which comes out too slow in case of an emergency. Her level 1 super also sucks muchly compared to the power geyser as it doesn't seem to affect as large an area as Terry's Power Geyser.

Quote:
kula has an unstoppable 6-7 hit combo that starts with hard punch, and her super (hcb hcb pp) does over half damage.

Any combo can be stopped. Unless the game is bugged enough for you to not be able to stop it. Not the case with either 2K1 or 2K2. The seven hit combo you're mentioning deals far too little damage to consider even threatening. The only thing I see it being good for is that it builds decent meter and you can tick away at your opponent more or less safely with it.
i like doing kula's jump in D standing C ( 1 hit) in to her foward A then in to her QCB B then forward D . in to her dragon punch motion C. i know it's not the best combo and i really can't do her really hard combos yet but it works out
Galactica Phantome
K9999 total rip off from Tetsuo

Actually, K9999 is a homage to Akira's Tetsuo, not rip off smile
Hokage Izlude
Galactica Phantome

Not good enough... Copy is still a copy...
man stop with the k9999 crap, he's minor compared to joe dang it XD.
this is to finalize my reguards to the whole nests thingie.

i've allways said the one thing i've allways loved about kof is that there's no crappy characters. some might get used more than others, some might be more one persons style, than an others, but in theory, there are no crappy characters.

my comments, though i stand by them, are more or less in reguard that none of the nests story characters (k/maxima excluded) are really in my style, nor do i see them being used where i go, not just my particular arcade.

however, you shouldnt judge a character by how cool their infinints are, mainly cause even the hardest ones, are not that hard after a bit of practice. and 9 times out of 10, they're exploiting a glitch or bug, which is lame if you need that to win.

also you shouldnt judge a characters worth by who uses who in a tourny. in a reacent 2k3 tourny i was in, no one used tizoc, yet the one guy that did pwned most all of us. just goes to show "to each their own".

k9999's supers are a bit harder to pull off, but he's still a shallow character because he doesnt have alot of moves. does this mean someone cant be awesome with him? of course not, i've met plenty of awesome k9999 players. but this doesnt change the fact that he's shallow. you could give a similar argument over most the nests story line characters.
Moryia, I do admit Igniz' Brutal God Project is one of the strongest, and best Super Desperation Moves ever...But I was speaking about the storyline, and not just the game. In the story, the Nest saga fighters can't compare in strenght to the Orochi saga characters; That is why Kyo Kusanagi loses some of his power. Also, you can't just call people newbies because of the characters they use...I can use Rugal perfectly, and I am no newbie. Rugal has great anti-air moves, great range, prectiles, and can even reflect your own projectiles. In the game, my friends keep saying Igniz is hard to beat, but for some reason I always have a harder time with Rugal Bernstein in 2002...
Galactica Phantome
Hokage Izlude
Galactica Phantome

Not good enough... Copy is still a copy...

But its a "copy" out of respect, there is nothing illegally wrong with that.
Galactica Phantome
Nesty_Angel
k9999 and kula aren' that hard to use actually although k9999's supers with the pretzel motion is hard. and all of the characters that i've mentioned have infinity combo potential.

k9999 have you even seen his combos? no really have you? that goes for all nest saga characters in both 2k1 and 2k2. with a mere 1 guage they can dish out so much dmg and with 2 for max mode combos PLUS super desperation moves even more dmg.

i sure hope we are both talking about maylee as in maylee from the korean team. do you by chance know that she's got infinties in 2k1? really she does. and if you block it still chips you down and if you don't block you'll be in the air pouncing up and down the screen. k9999 isn't that hard to play either and it doens't matter if he only has 3 moves. you turtle, then when yo usee an opening, you go in and do his multiple short jumsp with jb or fierce..

i've seen enough tourney vids from pakistan and singapore for me to see otherwise.

Nesty I totally agree with you here... K9999 and Kula are great gameplay characters... I just don't care for they way they look

K9999 total rip off from Tetsuo, Kula... kinda boring.

I have seen those Paki videos... insane stuff, and Maylee just rules the hell outta characters. K9999 is the same thing... just kickass in gameplay

thanks. as for the looks and design/character storyline they are as good as any from other fighting games. i don't want to dive into capcom too much but i'll make an example. k' and k9999. k9999 clone, very bad clone, doesn't like anyone most of the time, unstable powers. k' doesn't like much. is loyal to only his closest peeps. they got something against each other "grudge". capcom, bison wanting ryu's powers. bison, mister all mighty powerful overlord. has supa powers. ryu, mister i want to improve myself forever, oh and i also have this evil side in me that pops out sometimes. as you can see, if you take a look at the both examples, there isn't much to say really. steady storyline and enough development. although if the nest saga lasted one mroe kof (aka making kof 2003 the max mode dream match one) that would allow more devlopment, that i can agree fully.
There's a KOF Online?????!?!?!?

Terry owns.
About time we got some more stickys!!
Too many douchebags make the same stupid forums.
Quote:
Do you like it? Why do you like it? How long how have you liked it?

KOF is my fave fighting brand. The characters are just so much more interesting in my opinion.

Quote:
What's your favourite game?

I generally play the current KOFs, that being said, I guess I could say I like em all. No one game I dislike in particular.

Quote:

What's your favourite character? Who are you best with?

Favorites... That's tough. I like Ash, he's pretty cool. But my best character would be Ramon, especially his 2002 version, he was really fun to use and won me many a challenge.

Quote:
What's your favourite team? Do you pick the game defaults? How has your team changed over the years?

I don't have a particular favorite. I tend to use all the default teams and after finishing with each team I tend to pick random characters. I miss the roulette that changed every round. That was good. 2004 needs to bring that back.

Quote:
Which hero is the best? Which storyline is the best?

I liked the Orochi storyline. This new story is very interesting. I am very interested to see how Ash is connected to the Orochi. He;s probably the most interesting hero to date because he's actually not a hero, but a very evil character. (Don't believe me, check out his intro with Kim in 2003)

Looking forward to the Atomiswave software of the KOF brand, should be a very exciting future for the fans.
Victor_Vold_Valeria
...I can use Rugal perfectly, and I am no newbie. Rugal has great anti-air moves, great range, prectiles, and can even reflect your own projectiles. In the game, my friends keep saying Igniz is hard to beat, but for some reason I always have a harder time with Rugal Bernstein in 2002...
There's no real acomplishment in mastering a boss character.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff