Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Aenthin
ZX Virtuous
What do you suppose the likelihood of SNK ever making a KOF fighting game with 3D graphics again is? (Note this time I'm referring simply to graphics and not gameplay.)

Not sure. Still, I personally prefer if they keep it to 2D. They used 3D models for the KoF sprites though then just overlapped them with 2D artwork.
thats pretty interesting, so they did this for 12 and 13??
kain-bluedge
Aenthin
ZX Virtuous
What do you suppose the likelihood of SNK ever making a KOF fighting game with 3D graphics again is? (Note this time I'm referring simply to graphics and not gameplay.)

Not sure. Still, I personally prefer if they keep it to 2D. They used 3D models for the KoF sprites though then just overlapped them with 2D artwork.
thats pretty interesting, so they did this for 12 and 13??

Yep. Which is why they took so long and took 2 games to complete.

Animal Lover

10,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
-i like it
-i like it cause it has a storyline an more that just a game
-i liked it when i was 10y until now12y
-my favorite is: KOF EX2: the howling blood and Maximum impact 2
-my favorite characters are: Iori Yagami, Kyo Kusanagi, Sinobu Amou, Miu kurosaki, Nagase, Terry Bogard with Andy and Mai, K' and Kula and more rofl but my best is Iori and Kyo
-I don't have a favorite team but about the storyline team i like: Iori, Jun, Miu-Kyo, Moe, (forgot)-Athena, Kensou, Bao
-and my favorite hero is: i think between Soireee, Iori and Kyo
- I like Maximum impact 2's storyline

3,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
bump. its an awesome game.

although im confused with ash crimson, i always thought he was a bad guy, and kof 13 portrays him as being good,

but then again in kof 03' he was on the hero team for some reason
kain-bluedge
bump. its an awesome game.

although im confused with ash crimson, i always thought he was a bad guy, and kof 13 portrays him as being good,

but then again in kof 03' he was on the hero team for some reason

He was never a bad guy from the beginning. He merely had questionable actions which turned out to be a ploy to destroy Saiki's plans. Ash never intended to see his ancestor rise to power so he devised a plan that included fooling and manipulating everyone. After all, to fool your enemies, you have to fool your allies too.

Clean Rabbit

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
OY SHIKI! YOU STILL WANT SHINGO YABUKI IN KOFXIII?

http://fightersgeneration.com/nx2/game/kof13cards/kof13-card8.png

Well, this is as close as we'll get...for now. (Not sure if you'll have to copy-and-paste that link or not, but basically...it's sprite art done officially by SNK-Playmore and company.)
It'd be fun to have Shingo back for XIV and they could use some of Kyo's frame so there's a strong possibility of having him in the roster.

Animal Lover

10,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
DTJAAAAM
Any KOF with the following characters will make me happy:

Terry, Leona, Athena, Iori, Kim, Choi, Kula, Mary, Mai, Whip, and Yuri
No Kyo? eek

3,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
i wish that they would bring back may lee, but the likelihood of that happening is never............
ZX Virtuous

Well, this is as close as we'll get...for now. (Not sure if you'll have to copy-and-paste that link or not, but basically...it's sprite art done officially by SNK-Playmore and company.)
from where did you get that picture? eek
Sinobu Amou
ZX Virtuous

It was one of the new "card" collectibles in KoF-i, the iPhone port of 13. It was pretty much released the same time they finally included all the characters in that port.
Aenthin
Sinobu Amou
ZX Virtuous

It was one of the new "card" collectibles in KoF-i, the iPhone port of 13. It was pretty much released the same time they finally included all the characters in that port.
Oh....now I remember
For those of you that can stay awake late at night, Finest KO Productions is streaming games such as UMvC3, SSFIVAE, and our favorite, KOFXIII. Be sure to tune in at 8:30 pm (Pacific Time) for the whole showing, or at 11 or 12 for just KOF.

Also, they are streaming Norcal Install, which will have games like Blazblue, KOF, and Skullgirls. They usually stream KOF around 5 or 6 ish, so be sure to tune in by then. (Stream starts at 2 pm)

Edit: Sorry. Here's the link: Finest KO

Clean Rabbit

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
I thought I'd refresh my thoughts on this franchise...

Do you like it? Why do you like it? How long how have you liked it?
Sure do. KOF is one of my favorite series because it has a simple-yet-intricate storyline with the multiple teams involved. Seeing how the teams and individual members of them get involved in the tournament makes for an interesting collage of characters and personalities clashing together. It also helps a lot that there's a solid fighting gameplay system in the games that I play. I started liking it the moment I got to really play KOF98...back in 2005. (Yes I know I'm late to the party---)

What's your favourite game?
KOFXI. Great value, great cast, great gameplay. And there's a deep color edit mode. That keeps me entertained when I have time to spare.

What's your favourite character? Who are you best with?
Shingo Yabuki, by far. I don't know who I'm really "best" with though. I'm honestly not great at all in this franchise gameplay-wise at the end of the day.

What's your favourite team? Do you pick the game defaults? How has your team changed over the years?
Game defaults? There's a reason "Team Edit" exists in KOF! That said, my team usually has Shingo and whoever I like playing as in that particular game. In 2003, it was Shingo/Malin and either King or Hinako. In XI, it's Shingo, and any duo combination of Duck King, Vanessa, Iori, K', Malin, and Clark Still.

Which hero is the best? Which storyline is the best?
Personally, I like K' best as the "hero" character. He's someone who because of circumstance gets dragged into the KOF scene, and while he'd rather not have anything to do with it, he has no choice but to participate with whoever is teamed up with him. His general social awkwardness (i.e. anti-social loner) brings out his disdain towards KOF, which I thought was a nice touch. As for storyline, the Ash saga was the most engaging for me, especially with that surprise ending. I wouldn't have predicted Ash doing what he did in the end when 2003 first came out, that's for sure. Personally though, the best storylines for me are the ones not neccesarily revolving around the main story arc. I like reading about Shingo's antics with trying to team up with his idol Kyo and the rest of Team Japan. Or Mai trying desperately to be on whatever team Andy is on (and failing miserably more often than not). Or Kensou trying so hard to win Athena's affections, yet completely fail to even get her to notice.
MLG has some top players playing KOF XIII at the moment

http://www.twitch.tv/mlgfighters

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas