Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jason Sagara
Can someone explain the storys to Venessa,Ramon,and Seth?

Go to this page : http://kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/search.asp
Jason Sagara
Can someone explain the storys to Venessa,Ramon,and Seth?

go o this page :http://kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/search.asp
crazyli
Bluze
crazyli
when kyo's team one kof94, who's team did they knock out to do it? terry's. has terry ever beaten kyo? no. i don't think terry ever would beat kyo whether it be one-on-one or team... it doesn't matter. SNK wouldn't make their new star weaker than their old hero. that just wouldn't make any sense. kyo HAS to be stronger than all those regular characters in order for him to win and be the star. and i'm not sure about heidern being stronger than kyo... but i'd agree with takuma and MAYBE saisyu... though i think kyo's surpassed his father by now. but the problem with takuma winning is two things... 1. he holds back when he fights most of the time. he doesn't use his full power and 2. he's too old to keep up with a younger and more nimble fighter. he may have the power, but he's not able to flat out out-fight someone. he'd have to out-power the person to win. if kyo stays a step ahead of him the whole match, he'd beat takuma.

and what does terry winning every fatal fury tourney say? kyo wasn't ever in any of those... but once kyo DOES appear, does terry win? no. kyo does. terry's probably a close 2nd to kyo, but he simply is just not better. and incase someone was wondering this... this does not come from a kyo fangirl. i actually use terry WAY more than i use kyo. terry is one of my top characters. i'm speaking impartially based on what SNK has shown.

Wow, a non-kyo fangirl who has a good discussion. I'm likin this! You bring up a good point. SNK "shouldn't" make an ole start stronger than a new star. But the thing that keeps drillin my head, is the fact that Terry has way more experience than Kyo. And about KOF 94, can you give me the site you pulled that from? I don't remember who the boss was in that one... was it Mr. Big? Cuz I don't remember Kyo beating Terry. I think in the first appearance of the clones, Terry says something about the Kyo being pretty strong, but still young. Pullin this from memory, I can't remember the year... but I know it was the first appearance of the clones.

But even though SNK "shouldn't" make an old star stronger than their new one, the fact still is that Takuma IS stronger than Kyo. His old age's got nothing to do with it because he's still strong if he was in his prime, he would probably wipe the floor with Kyo. The only reason he holds back is because he knows he's leagues ahead of everyone else. If he fights someone strong, you better believe he'd whoop 'em. Even Ryo and Robert know it, because Takuma has somewhat of a temper. So why couldn't it be the same for Terry? And no, I don't think Kyo has surpassed Saisyu. Saisyu even tells Shingo that he's stronger than Kyo when Shingo goes to train under him. Heidern, also mentions the strength of Kyo when the clones first appear. And it was something like what Terry was sayin, being that hwe's still young and hasn't come into his power yet.

But he only thing SNK has shown is that the story revolves around Kyo. That doesn't mean he's the strongest. They haven't shown he's the strongest. But I need more info on KOF 94, cuz you might have me there.

jeez... the final boss of kof94? i think it was... rugal... but the final boss isn't part of the tournament itself... the host challenges the winner of the tournament afterwards. i think the last regular round was team japan vs. team italy, in which team japan was victorious. but this is a bit of fuzzy memory of information that i read from a cannon guide a couple years back... it could be mistaken on some stuff. and yes... takuma WOULD wipe the floor with kyo if he was in his prime. heck... even aged, takuma has a good chance of beating kyo if he doesn't hold back. but the youth thing still gives kyo the advantage in a fight. terry has more experience than kyo, yes... but that doesn't mean a whole lot. geese had more experience than terry and he still got beaten by the hungry wolf... ryo also defeated geese, although geese was younger in that battle, he still most likely had more experience than ryo. in a practical battle... terry knows the ropes better and has a slight edge because of it, however kyo seems to have more raw power as his flames are decimating. kyo's also modified the kusanagi style to his liking to give himself a ton of options when fighting. he has more surprises that he can hit terry with. in a 1-on-1 fight... it'd be pretty damn close... but in my opinion, kyo would pull out the victor more times than not. it seems that terry just falls short of what kyo has done.

OK, if it was Rugal then that means that it was probably another Dream match. They just pile characters in. But you have a good point about Geese and Terry. Geese was more experienced than Terry when he was beaten. And Terry's beaten Geese quite a few times. Personally I like Kyo better than I do Terry. But I don't know. The Lonewolf just seems stronger. I swear he said it in the first appearance of the clones. Saying that young Kyo hadn't come full into his power yet. But yeah, it would be a good fight.
Bluze
crazyli
Bluze
crazyli
when kyo's team one kof94, who's team did they knock out to do it? terry's. has terry ever beaten kyo? no. i don't think terry ever would beat kyo whether it be one-on-one or team... it doesn't matter. SNK wouldn't make their new star weaker than their old hero. that just wouldn't make any sense. kyo HAS to be stronger than all those regular characters in order for him to win and be the star. and i'm not sure about heidern being stronger than kyo... but i'd agree with takuma and MAYBE saisyu... though i think kyo's surpassed his father by now. but the problem with takuma winning is two things... 1. he holds back when he fights most of the time. he doesn't use his full power and 2. he's too old to keep up with a younger and more nimble fighter. he may have the power, but he's not able to flat out out-fight someone. he'd have to out-power the person to win. if kyo stays a step ahead of him the whole match, he'd beat takuma.

and what does terry winning every fatal fury tourney say? kyo wasn't ever in any of those... but once kyo DOES appear, does terry win? no. kyo does. terry's probably a close 2nd to kyo, but he simply is just not better. and incase someone was wondering this... this does not come from a kyo fangirl. i actually use terry WAY more than i use kyo. terry is one of my top characters. i'm speaking impartially based on what SNK has shown.

Wow, a non-kyo fangirl who has a good discussion. I'm likin this! You bring up a good point. SNK "shouldn't" make an ole start stronger than a new star. But the thing that keeps drillin my head, is the fact that Terry has way more experience than Kyo. And about KOF 94, can you give me the site you pulled that from? I don't remember who the boss was in that one... was it Mr. Big? Cuz I don't remember Kyo beating Terry. I think in the first appearance of the clones, Terry says something about the Kyo being pretty strong, but still young. Pullin this from memory, I can't remember the year... but I know it was the first appearance of the clones.

But even though SNK "shouldn't" make an old star stronger than their new one, the fact still is that Takuma IS stronger than Kyo. His old age's got nothing to do with it because he's still strong if he was in his prime, he would probably wipe the floor with Kyo. The only reason he holds back is because he knows he's leagues ahead of everyone else. If he fights someone strong, you better believe he'd whoop 'em. Even Ryo and Robert know it, because Takuma has somewhat of a temper. So why couldn't it be the same for Terry? And no, I don't think Kyo has surpassed Saisyu. Saisyu even tells Shingo that he's stronger than Kyo when Shingo goes to train under him. Heidern, also mentions the strength of Kyo when the clones first appear. And it was something like what Terry was sayin, being that hwe's still young and hasn't come into his power yet.

But he only thing SNK has shown is that the story revolves around Kyo. That doesn't mean he's the strongest. They haven't shown he's the strongest. But I need more info on KOF 94, cuz you might have me there.

jeez... the final boss of kof94? i think it was... rugal... but the final boss isn't part of the tournament itself... the host challenges the winner of the tournament afterwards. i think the last regular round was team japan vs. team italy, in which team japan was victorious. but this is a bit of fuzzy memory of information that i read from a cannon guide a couple years back... it could be mistaken on some stuff. and yes... takuma WOULD wipe the floor with kyo if he was in his prime. heck... even aged, takuma has a good chance of beating kyo if he doesn't hold back. but the youth thing still gives kyo the advantage in a fight. terry has more experience than kyo, yes... but that doesn't mean a whole lot. geese had more experience than terry and he still got beaten by the hungry wolf... ryo also defeated geese, although geese was younger in that battle, he still most likely had more experience than ryo. in a practical battle... terry knows the ropes better and has a slight edge because of it, however kyo seems to have more raw power as his flames are decimating. kyo's also modified the kusanagi style to his liking to give himself a ton of options when fighting. he has more surprises that he can hit terry with. in a 1-on-1 fight... it'd be pretty damn close... but in my opinion, kyo would pull out the victor more times than not. it seems that terry just falls short of what kyo has done.

OK, if it was Rugal then that means that it was probably another Dream match. They just pile characters in. But you have a good point about Geese and Terry. Geese was more experienced than Terry when he was beaten. And Terry's beaten Geese quite a few times. Personally I like Kyo better than I do Terry. But I don't know. The Lonewolf just seems stronger. I swear he said it in the first appearance of the clones. Saying that young Kyo hadn't come full into his power yet. But yeah, it would be a good fight.

1. 94 was NOT a dream match. there have only been 2 KoF dream matches on NeoGeo. 98 and 2002.

2. even if Terry said that Kyo wasn't at his full power, it doesn't mean Kyo's weaker than Terry... just that he has more power to achieve... which would be pretty scary since Kyo's pretty powerful as it is... what would he be like at his true potential?
as it is Kyo will likely never reach his true potential as he dislikes effort....and lets not forget that Terry Defeated Krauser....
Compared to everyone, every single boss in KoF and FF history, Krauser is s**t. Don't bother bringing him up again.

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Citizen 200
It would be nice to bring again MrBig, i like that character (and his girls are pretty)
Just like the paradise city...

Any who, a character I personally would like to see again would be Saisyu. A team of Kyo, Shingo and Saisyu would be really cool to see in action and in story wise as well.

Or they can make a 4 man father team. Saisyu, Heidern, Takuma and Todo!!!Dude, that would own!!!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

7,450 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
heh, the old man team was great in 98, it'd be fun if they could bring them all back around for the next DM.

hopefully they'll bring Saishu back, they proved that he hadn't completely fallen off the face of the earth back (in terms of story) at the end of 2001, and maybe his NW appearance was to test the waters for a future comeback.
crazyli

1. 94 was NOT a dream match. there have only been 2 KoF dream matches on NeoGeo. 98 and 2002.

2. even if Terry said that Kyo wasn't at his full power, it doesn't mean Kyo's weaker than Terry... just that he has more power to achieve... which would be pretty scary since Kyo's pretty powerful as it is... what would he be like at his true potential?

1) there is actually 3, 98 2k2 NW

2) a kyo clone taht has limitless power and potential ^_^

my 2 cents of the night

7,450 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
mmm... maybe. I'd need to play the game to see for myself (which is now nigh-impossible since I moved out from all the Golflands in calif to the midwest :/), but that video of King linking moves that you showed earlier HIGHLY bugged me. unless there's some hidden motion you need to be doing to link all those moves together (and it doesn't seem like it... especially if we're talking about the 2002 link system here), she just seems like uber BS to me right there. c'mon, a command throw into a high-damage combo? that's too much @@; at this point, I'm wondering if it's possible to do similar things with other characters (Goro and Clark throw combos? *shiver*). but like I said, I make no judgments until I've touched the game myself~
Yuusuke
mmm... maybe. I'd need to play the game to see for myself (which is now nigh-impossible since I moved out from all the Golflands in calif to the midwest :/), but that video of King linking moves that you showed earlier HIGHLY bugged me. unless there's some hidden motion you need to be doing to link all those moves together (and it doesn't seem like it... especially if we're talking about the 2002 link system here), she just seems like uber BS to me right there. c'mon, a command throw into a high-damage combo? that's too much @@; at this point, I'm wondering if it's possible to do similar things with other characters (Goro and Clark throw combos? *shiver*). but like I said, I make no judgments until I've touched the game myself~

first off, the command grab link with iori is VERY hard to do consistantely, and it is only for the link guage. as for other charaters (mainly grapplers) having the link abuse, no you don't. you don't see in kof 2k2 any crazy links from those guys and it still holds true in kof nw. the max button thingy seems interesting for the most part since it does offer more combo stuff or even a minor juggle at the cost of one gauge stock
*Going into this thread,bleak eyed and haven't gotten a single wink..*
Wow a KOF thread now changing...............K'!!!!what happened to you?!You are a sloppy little jack a** now!!!
Terry Your cool and all,where's my ultimate Power wave combo?!
Who's that french gay guy anyway?

7,450 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Nesty_Angel

first off, the command grab link with iori is VERY hard to do consistantely, and it is only for the link guage. as for other charaters (mainly grapplers) having the link abuse, no you don't. you don't see in kof 2k2 any crazy links from those guys and it still holds true in kof nw. the max button thingy seems interesting for the most part since it does offer more combo stuff or even a minor juggle at the cost of one gauge stock

I said "King." :/

I know the other grapplers in 2002 didn't have those kinds of combos then, but King didn't either, which is why I question if things could be different now. and in 2002, some non-grapplers had very easy link abuse infinites, such as Vanessa (dash, machine gun puncher, repeat) and Yamazaki (sand kick, dagger of judgement, repeat). I worry because while Vanessa and Yamazaki's infinite in 2002 was not particularly damaging (and it was more likely that you'd probably run out of super bar before killing the guy), King did some pretty ridiculous damage in that video. I'd like to play the game for myself, but at the onset, the unbalanced properties of that combo worry me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff