Anyone play it yet?

I'm on XBL and trying to form a team.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I tried it out at JB Hi-Fi.
Honestly, I have no incentive to get this. While it's cool that the customization looks more fun and having two characters to play with to deliver awesome combos, the visuals have taken for a nasty turn, and I just felt like I was playing Tekken6 again as I was fighting.
If you're already a Tekken fan, get it. It has the most refined gameplay in the series, one of the best online netcodes (and infrastructures) for any 3D fighting game, and features just about every single character and boss that ever appeared in the series (59, including the all free, DLC). If you've been a fan for a long time, you'll really appreciate all the new content and especially the throwbacks like old stages, themes, and characters that haven't been seen since the PS1 and PS2 days.

If you're just getting into the series, the Fight Lab mode will give you a pretty basic tutorial on the general fighting mechanics, but its gonna take hours of practice mode to get a handle on all of the game's mechanics (which just get more and more complex with each installment), if that's what you're into. The game can still be enjoyed at a "casual" level though and there are more than a handful of characters that require little practice to dish out high damage and easy combos.

There is no "Story Mode" of any kind though (even though T6's was horrible). Every character does have a CGI ending and the quality are usually better than T6's (which again, were horrible), but there is a surprising dearth of Single-Player content, at least compared to say, T5 or T6.

Original Gaian

10,400 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
i would join you op but
A) i am fairly poor at fighting games and deciding to go past the casual player and learning the ones i like
B) I got tekken on the console it is home to. the PlayStation.

Dangerous Humorist

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Lowphatmilk
i would join you op but
A) i am fairly poor at fighting games and deciding to go past the casual player and learning the ones i like

I have it for PS3 as well *High Five*
geroge86
Lowphatmilk
i would join you op but

same here.. It will always be for playstation only in my book

Dangerous Humorist

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Hyubushu
geroge86
Lowphatmilk
i would join you op but

I feel the same way Tekken games 1-5 were Playstation exclusives so whether they put the games on Xbox or Nintendo Tekken was introduced to consoles because Sony gave them the opportunity
geroge86
Hyubushu
geroge86
Lowphatmilk
i would join you op but

I feel the same way Tekken games 1-5 were Playstation exclusives so whether they put the games on Xbox or Nintendo Tekken was introduced to consoles because Sony gave them the opportunity

I'm just glad its not console exclusive anymore. I used to have the PS2 but I never saw a reason to get the PS3. Friends and me just thought it would be better to get 360's. Lol... I'm just glad Tekken was available for them.
Aftis Sinfel
geroge86
Hyubushu
geroge86
Lowphatmilk
i would join you op but

I'm just glad its not console exclusive anymore. I used to have the PS2 but I never saw a reason to get the PS3. Friends and me just thought it would be better to get 360's. Lol... I'm just glad Tekken was available for them.
i garee, reason i got PS3 was cause of Tourny LANS

GOTCHA_NO's Boyfriend

Beloved Shopper

8,100 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
omg i love tekken i play tht game with my older brother when i was lil and untill my older brother gave me tht game to me and he teach it to me and after tht i kicked there a** and thin i wiped my older brother a** in the game its still funny to me when i beat my older brother in tekken but i somtimes let him win most of the time cuz it fare to me and him =3
Aftis Sinfel
geroge86
Hyubushu
geroge86
Lowphatmilk
i would join you op but

we should play sometimes. now that MLG Dallas is over, i can relearn some new chars.
my PSN is: iPHyu

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
I play tekken tag 2 almost exclusively now when I boot up my ps3 lol. I even made my own team lol.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff