Welcome to Gaia! ::

I Quincy I's King

Sundae Scribe

36,315 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Healer 50
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
With the release of Super Smash Brothers in 1999, Nintendo ushered in the era of the "kinder" and "friendlier" fighting game. With the sequel Super Smash Brothers Melee in 2001, the popularity of this game has grown all the more thanks to an expanded character roster and improved graphics. The highly anticipated third game of the series, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, was released early 2008. This sticky is intended to cover all existing games and the games to come. 3nodding Some example questions:

Which is better: Super Smash Brothers, Super Smash Brothers Melee, or Super Smash Brothers Brawl?
Is SSB/SSBM/SSBB really a fighting game?
What's your favourite character? What character are you best with? How good are you?
What's the best unlockable character?
What's your favourite special boss?
What's your favourite stage? What's your favourite item?
What characters should be in the next game? Which console should it be on?

For more information please visit:
http://www.smashbros.com/
i dont know
Thank you so very much for this topic.

I was getting SO sick of all the new SSBM topic popping up every day.

In short, praise jah! xd

Anyway, to keep this from being spammy:

I'd say that SSBM is better. It's kinda like an expansion set for SSB, ya'know?

My favorite character is Marth. So s3x3h in that white costume. I'm best with Captain Falcon...whom I find to be hugely underrated. I wish I was good with Luigi (because there's nothing more humiliating than losing to Gay Luigi, aka Luigi in pink. xp )

Unlockable character?...Luigi.

the Crazy Hand owns...and is so easy. Oh well. He's cool, what with his neurotic-ness. Powah to the lefties!

Favourite stage, eh?...Brinstar Depths, or Icicle Mountain. Just because everyone complains when I pick 'em. My favourite item is the Flipper. I've spiked so many people with it... whee

In the next game? Heh...I'm afraid of what other people are going to say, but I'll add in my 2 cents anyway. I say that Ridley, Samurai Goroh, Princess Ruto, Darunia, Dixie OR Diddy Kong, they're equally cool, but having them both would be a waste of space IMO. I can't really go wild with suggestions here, because I don't know what Nintendo owns rights to and what they don't.
Even if I don't exactly like SSB/SSBM that much I now love this thread for turning into a pink link twice in the same hour...

so erm:

Which is better: Super Smash Brothers or Super Smash Brothers Melee?

Melee, I enjoyed the Adventure stages... and it had more characters.

Is SSB/SSBM really a fighting game?

It seems more of just Action... I suppose you could call it that though... but it seriously needs some kind of plot line. >.>

What's your favourite character? What character are you best with? How good are you?

Favorite Character-Fox and Young Link | Best - Ness | Goodness- I'm probably horrible considering I haven't even touched the game in two years and am only replying out of the pink linkness.

Um, Young Link is an unlockable character, right?

Stage-Onett | Item - I liked the motion sensor bombs... heh.
Super Smash Brothers or Super Smash Brothers Melee?
SSBM
Yeah.. I think so.. not arcade fighting but..
Uhh.. I think Dr. Mario;Link;Not that good
hmmm... Ganon cuz he sounds funny ^^
N/A
N/a; Pokeballs!
You know.. I'd actually liek to see Squaresoft charas in it... liek from old square games and crystal chronicles...; console as in which Nintendo? cuz it's gonna be nintendo...
smash brothers melee is definately better
its definately a fighting game
my fav chcarcter is definately link, but my best is roy, his in your face style is great,i think i really good, as long as i dpnt play against link, but everybody else is nothing
roy marth, and mewtwo cause hes fun to play around with
fav boss, giga bowser
hyrule castle, poke ball
Again, thank you! crying It's about time we saw a SSB thread...no more stupid amounts of SSB posts...whee... whee

Which is better: Super Smash Brothers or Super Smash Brothers Melee?: I'd say SSBM, IMO. I've never actually owned SSB, but I have played it many times. I'd say that the graphics are better, more modes, extra stuff to do, more items/weapons, as well as characters and levels make the game better, and it still has the original multiplayer fun of the first game.

Is SSB/SSBM really a fighting game?: That would be a yes. The point of the game is to hit your opponent as many times as you can, trying to get their damage up as high as possible. It's like SF in reverse. Instead of lowering health, raise damage. It works extremely well, and doesn't mean that if you get hit enough times, you die. However, there is a HP mode on SSBM anyway.

What's your favourite character? What character are you best with? How good are you?: My favourite character would be Kirby, as well as being my best, however I am also quite good with Shiek (I think I spelt it right...), as well as Mario and Ness. I win quite frequently, but I've never beaten one of my friends, his family are SSB-PWNZ3R5. I get my a** kicked, whether it's by his little sister, little brother, my friend himself, or his older brother. But I'm not bad against others. 3nodding

What's the best unlockable character?: Uh...let's see...I don't know really, because at a certain point, half the characters become re-makes of a certain other character. E.g. Marth=Roy. Cpt. Falcon=Gannondorf. Fox=Falco. I'd have to say MewTwo.

What's your favourite special boss?: I like the Crazy/Master Hands, but I also like Giga Bowser...not that I've ever fought him, he just looks extremely cool.

What's your favourite stage? What's your favourite item?: Favourite stage: Hyrule Castle/Dream Fountain/Mushroom Kingdom. (That one with the Mario theme tune.) My favourite item/weapon is the Mushroom, as well as the Hammer (obviously whee ), also the Pokeball. But Mr. Saturn's cool too! 3nodding

What characters should be in the next game? Which console should it be on?: For the next game...I'd say...a character from F-Zero, such as Samurai Goroh, or the Red Gazelle...as well as Wario, and perhaps, maybe Poo, from Earthbound. It should be on the next Nintendo console, it'll look much more impressive, and it's a good way of marketing the next console. sweatdrop
Which is better SSB or SSBM?: SSBM
Is SSBM a Fighting Game?: Yes
Who is your Favorite Character?: Marth
Who are you the Best with?: Marth
How good are you?: really good...you need to be pro to fight me...lol
Whos the Best Unlocked Character?: Roy
Whos your Favorite Special Boss?: Giga Bowser
Favorite Stage and Favorite Items: Hyrule Temple and Home Run Bat
Who Should be in the Next Game and for what System?: Wario, Waluigi, Deku Link, Goron Link, and Zora Link
Heh, glad they made this a sticky. Anywho....

Which is better SSB or SSBM?: Super Smash Melee, except for a few things like damage percentage alteration and Kirby sucking a** instead of kickin' it in the original. >__<
Is SSBM a Fighting Game?: Meh...I guess so.. It's fun whether it is or not.
Who is your Favorite Character?: Hmm... Kirby's my all-time fave. He ruled in the original
Who are you the Best with?: Marth, hands down.
How good are you?: I dun like to brag, but I'm really good--especially with the no items option, that's when you can really seperate the men/women from the boys/girls. sweatdrop
Whos the Best Unlocked Character?: Omm.... Marth... xd
Whos your Favorite Special Boss?: Err.... The Master Hand's evil twin... THE LEFT HAND!!!! xp whee
Favorite Stage and Favorite Items: Final Destination an' well.... I just dun like items.
Who Should be in the Next Game and for what System?: Hmm... Maybe some Tekken people err something.. Iono. There should definatly be a title for the GBA though. SSB on the go! ^_^

SSBM

Yes

What's your favourite character? What character are you best with?

Ganondorf

How good are you?

Not bad

Ganondorf

Giga Bowser

What's your favourite stage?

Starfox ship

What's your favourite item?

Beamsword

Tipsy Pieslinger

7,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Pie For All! 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
*praises* (Eh, this was edited on the count that I forgot some things.)

Melee.

Sure. You kick each other, stab each other, punch each other, b***h slap each other... need I go on?

What's your favourite character?

Roy. He's hot. I'll have my 'Strangest 10-year-old' trophy now, please.

What character are you best with? How good are you?

Umm... I'd say... Roy. I love his side-smash move. I'm pretty good, I guess. But not really a match for my brother.

Ehh... Roy? sweatdrop Or Marth, maybe.

Master hand. I can whoop that thing's a** any day! ... Does he even HAVE an a**? Oh, and if the Wire Frames count, then them. I love smashing them off the stage before they can barely get more than 5% of damage!

Fountain of Dreams ('cause it's pretty) Flatzone, Battlefield (the crystal thing is also pretty) or Termina Bay. And I like the Star Rod, Hammer, Motion-Sensor Bomb and the Pokeball.

Most of the characters in SSBM, but maybe some from the Sonic games (even though they're from Sega), Krystal, the Goddesses, more Pokemon (yeah, Pokemon!) and possibly Impa. o__o
my favorite character is kirby, although i am best with falco or roy. yup.

favorite stage: final destination. the best for deciding who is the best of the best

fav item: mr. freezie or w/e that thing is... the mini iceberg

best unlockable character: MR. GAME&WATCH!! HE ROX!!

fav boss: giga bowser!! cheapness w/ falcos firebird thingy... the up+B attack

iono wut they should add to the next game... prolly more characters. like as much as marvel vs. capcom2 has... around 45 characters... wide variety. more stages prolly too. and items... ok away from the obvious...
the ability to have more than four ppl playing at a time. and minigames.
v45h
fav item: mr. freezie or w/e that thing is... the mini iceberg

You got the two mixed up. biggrin Mr. Saturn and Freezie. 3nodding Mr. Saturn's the little walking thing, and Freezie is the iceberg.

Melee

I would say more of a Party beat 'em up.

What's your favourite character? What character are you best with?

I like Fox, Falco and Pikachu. I am the best with Fox and Pikachu.

How good are you?

I wouldn't boast or brag.. but Fox and Pika have goteen me out of some ruts.

Falco!

GigaBowser

Stage - Corneria and item.. THAT HAMMER!11!1!1ONEONEUNO!

Mega Man won't work.. He's Capcom... Maybe Pico from F-Zero? Peppy Hare? Wolf O' Donlad? General Scales? Little Mac, King Hippo, Pit and Funky Kong.
Come to think of it, it would be pretty fun to play as K. Rool...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff