Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anyone wanna play brawl?
I wonder when they'll shut down the servers for brawl. Not that I'd want them too, but still. gonk

Hallowed Pumpkin

Anyone see the article of SRK about Project M?

I find it mildly hilarious how the smash community is watering down brawl as much as they can.

You can label it 100 different ways but Brawl is brawl stop trying to make it melee.

If you want to play melee go ******** play melee its ridiculous. I mean I can't comment negatively towards them trying to make something better, thats good for them.

But I think it's a tad stupid to try and improve something competitively through modding.

I think it's time for players in the smash community to branch out until the next smash comes out or at least go back to melee.

Animated Otaku

29,200 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Nerd 50

Hallowed Pumpkin

Modding is okay when you are doing it for fun.

Modding is stupid if you have hopes of it ever making a certain game competitive.

Especially after being modded to the brink of insanity already.
I feel sorta the same. I don't bother with Project M because I have melee. I don't get why I need a doppleganger of something I already have. Melee is too deep of a rabbit hole to really need a new one, at least for me.

That being sad, I'm not the oldest smasher and it's a cool alternative that's getting a lot of effort on. Brawl - is fun as hell and there were tournaments for that, Brawl + as well.

Project M has it's own IGN page too now btw.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Mercain
I feel sorta the same. I don't bother with Project M because I have melee. I don't get why I need a doppleganger of something I already have. Melee is too deep of a rabbit hole to really need a new one, at least for me.

That being sad, I'm not the oldest smasher and it's a cool alternative that's getting a lot of effort on. Brawl - is fun as hell and there were tournaments for that, Brawl + as well.

Project M has it's own IGN page too now btw.

Oh lord, Project M has an IGN page?
That's enough to steer me clear of that particular mod.XD

But seriously, agreed. I have Melee, no need to bother with PM.
I'm also really, REALLY, wanting to try out Brawl Minus at some point.
I honestly wish that Brawl Minus had been Brawl's official setting, in some ways. So many characters are improved and they did all those changes without transforming it into Melee 2.0.XD
All the mods are really fun to mess around in. I really like Brawl- for its chaos, even though it has some pretty gamebreaking things (if you can even say that in Brawl - ) that I hope they fixed. I do agree that it's pretty silly to try to make these mods competitive, I mean like having a tourney is all right and such, but to market it as the next Melee is them getting to far ahead of themselves.

People that want to play Melee are already playing Melee and the fact that you need to mod your wii ( or you can use an SD card), already alienates a bunch of people.

Playing mods online is really difficult as well since both parties have to have basically the EXACT same files for every character and stage or else the game freezes or lags out. Well, maybe that's going to far, but you really do need to be careful with the files you choose. I know online is terrible for practice. ;__; Though funny enough, I felt that Brawl- was more stable and had less lag than vanilla Brawl. Maybe I just imagined it since Brawl- is more fast paced or something. XD
I'm heading off to ACEN this weekend. Can't wait. Although, I'm gonna have to train for the Brawl tournament. I probably won't do too good, but at least it'll be worth a shot. ^^"
ryu_teepo_35
I'm heading off to ACEN this weekend. Can't wait. Although, I'm gonna have to train for the Brawl tournament. I probably won't do too good, but at least it'll be worth a shot. ^^"
You can do it dood.
The narrow-mindedness on some of these topics is entertaining, to say the least. Lol

Dapper Dabbler

4,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
KayBee Kinneas
The narrow-mindedness on some of these topics is entertaining, to say the least. Lol

Care to elaborate?
Depressed_Blue_Penguin
KayBee Kinneas

Care to elaborate?

It's all pretty self-evident.

"Hey I quit Smash, oh wait...are tournaments still running?" Seriously? Just play whatever you're into and leave it at that. No need for a contradictory hipster/trend-setter facade.

"Melee is perfect, perfect, perfect!" No, it's not. It has its inherent strengths and flaws just like any other game.

"Oh MK is gone? I dislike Brawl a little less now." That's...fantastic? Thanks for sharing.

In retrospect, and also by reading through more current conversations; this place (and site) just has this vibe comparable to a bunch of snooty, snobby gentleman-types wearing top hats, sipping tea, and speaking as if their opinions are the be-all end-all of anything. Everything is spoken as if it were absolute. It's as if minds can not be changed, eyes are narrowly focused, and "live and let live" is an entirely foreign concept. It's...entertaining but in excess can be kind of retarded.
Beyond that, love ya'llllll, miss ya'lllllllll <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces