Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mercain
Depressed_Blue_Penguin
Don't be excited. the whole time you're there, you'll feel like nobody wants to talk to you, or they're too awkward for you to want to talk to them.

It'll be tons of poorly organized going-ons, where you're stuck having to wait for forever doing nothing. Then you'll finally get into your first match, and it'll be over in 2 seconds, and then more waiting, hoping that you will win in the loser's brackets, so you don't get knocked out right away.

tournaments aren't all that fun, until you're a regular. sweatdrop

lol Don't listen to tuv. Tournaments are great. Know that you can call next on really any setup, regardless of who is there, though if there is already 4 people at a setup, it's rude to try to butt in, even if there's somewhere there that you are wanting to play; just wait until the person leaves the setup or other people do if you really want to play that person. Reach out, meet and greet with people, know that there will probably be at least one dope smoker, and that smashers are generally untrustworthy people, and your experience should be golden. If I can make a final point, don't be intimidated because you're new: You are their favourite breed of smasher. A new style to play, a new face, and a potential addition to the community. As someone in a dying community, I would suck your d**k all night (not really, but you get me) if that's what it'd take for you to come out again and have drive to improve in melee.

Also, I meant to say the new black wiis, not all of the black wiis. The first generation or two of black wiis were essentially the same as white ones but automatically had wii motion plus in their controllers.

Yep.
Oh shoot, Mule time. Forgot bout all.

Causing upsets in tourneys are great too heart
Orangey Nalle
    ew it's the worst month of all the ******** you January is the beast and best month.

Dangerous Shopper

Sometimes.. when I'm alone with my Haruhi Suzumiya body pillow..

I pretend that January is a beautiful latin woman. Then I take January out to a nice dinner and be certain to open every door, also to pull her chair out when she takes a seat.

Then me and January go back to my place, put on north-high school-uniforms, and have disturbing buck-wild consummation-style sex.. the type that gets banned from the Internet.

During which, I hold her half-way outside the bedroom window, so that we can scream our love for each other to the neighborhood, in our drunken-ed naked pride.

Thats what January means to me. Summer-time lovely romance.

Big Fatcat

it's the worst month cause my birthday is coming up lol
Orangey Nalle
    it's the worst month cause my birthday is coming up lol
lol it should be your favourite too then. It's only my favourite because of my birthday and a few others.. and the fact that snow is awesome. ******** the haters.

Big Fatcat

hate my bday

so many awesome people have january birthdays

but i love SUMMER.

Desirable Noob

Dapper Dabbler

4,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Mercain
Depressed_Blue_Penguin
Don't be excited. the whole time you're there, you'll feel like nobody wants to talk to you, or they're too awkward for you to want to talk to them.

It'll be tons of poorly organized going-ons, where you're stuck having to wait for forever doing nothing. Then you'll finally get into your first match, and it'll be over in 2 seconds, and then more waiting, hoping that you will win in the loser's brackets, so you don't get knocked out right away.

lol Don't listen to tuv. Tournaments are great. Know that you can call next on really any setup, regardless of who is there, though if there is already 4 people at a setup, it's rude to try to butt in, even if there's somewhere there that you are wanting to play; just wait until the person leaves the setup or other people do if you really want to play that person. Reach out, meet and greet with people, know that there will probably be at least one dope smoker, and that smashers are generally untrustworthy people, and your experience should be golden. If I can make a final point, don't be intimidated because you're new: You are their favourite breed of smasher. A new style to play, a new face, and a potential addition to the community. As someone in a dying community, I would suck your d**k all night (not really, but you get me) if that's what it'd take for you to come out again and have drive to improve in melee.

Also, I meant to say the new black wiis, not all of the black wiis. The first generation or two of black wiis were essentially the same as white ones but automatically had wii motion plus in their controllers.

rolleyes
just didn't want the poor kid to be as disappointed as I was my first 2 tournaments.

Dapper Dabbler

4,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
teh D_C_
Mercain
Depressed_Blue_Penguin

Yep.

stfu you naked noob lord
Depressed_Blue_Penguin
Mercain
Depressed_Blue_Penguin

rolleyes
just didn't want the poor kid to be as disappointed as I was my first 2 tournaments.
Maybe you shouldn't be such an emo b***h tuv.

Naw, I'm only bugging, but really, from your description, you didn't seem to extend yourself at all. A tournament is what you make of it. you can either focus on the competition, or focus on the people. Get engaged, have fun, and help others have fun. Talk to people, ask where they're from, how long they've been playing, how they think the bracket will go down, or how they expect to do, etc. They're all there for a reason, and unless the brawlers there suck d**k or something, they should be like the ones I've met and be really nice people.

Dapper Dabbler

4,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
wahhh
crycrycry

but no. Definitely agreed - tournaments can be extremely fun. After I had my first 2, the 5 or however many I attended afterward were all great experiences. But being broken into the scene, especially if its an independent venture, like this guy's... probably won't go ideally.
Depressed_Blue_Penguin
wahhh
crycrycry

but no. Definitely agreed - tournaments can be extremely fun. After I had my first 2, the 5 or however many I attended afterward were all great experiences. But being broken into the scene, especially if its an independent venture, like this guy's... probably won't go ideally.

Broken into the scene? I also plan on going with my brother and a friend.
I've been at and won two small tournaments hosted by Game Crazy, not that it means anything. 8V
I also have a few questions about the rules and I might ask here to see if someone understands before asking in Smash World. I'll definitely have to ask a few questions on the Smash World forum anyway, since it says there is stuff scheduled for Friday, yet it says it starts on the 14th - a Saturday. I'm confused - this site http://sctechcomm.org/ seems to have different dates as well.
This looks legit, so I might as well assume it's the 13th-15th.

Dapper Dabbler

4,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
ah. kudos.

we still need to brawl someday. lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash