Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ness is aight but Link is Allaround Better when u play aginst his On Classic
(/Very Hard)
Sanosuke, did you go to the SSBM Tourny? I forgot what the name of the place was who hosted it, but it was on a Sunday in...July? I believe so...either way, I was at that tourny. There will be another next year, and it's in Manhatten, so if you want to test your skill I suggest you go. I was happy to see so many great players, and even to see some who could rock me. Next year I'll be ready, but I doubt I'll be anywhere near NYC.
Which is better Super Smash Bros. or Melee?

I say Melee is way better because of the levels, items, and style of fighting.

Is SSB/SSBM really a fighting game?

yeah of course with all the pucnches and kicks flying around everywhere but it is different than other fighting games.

What's your favorite character? What character are you best with?

That would be Kirby and yeah i'm good.

What's your favorite special boss?

That would be Giga Bowser and Crazy Hand

What's your favorite stage and item?

My favorite stage is final destination and Mute City. My favorite item is the beam saber.

What characters should be on the next game? Which console should it be on?

I don't know about the characters but being able to play Giga Bowser on the next game would be pretty sweet. The console I think should stay with Gamecube.
kurby and young like would rule over all

Distinct Phantom

Young Like? Don't you mean Young Link?
Which is better: Super Smash Brothers or Super Smash Brothers Melee?
SSBM IMO because of the graphics, characters, and content (and controller, I hated the N64 controller)
Is SSB/SSBM really a fighting game?
Yes definitely. Maybe not in the same sense that the term "fighting game" is normally used, but seriously, what else would you call it besides action which would be very inaccurate.
What's your favourite character? What character are you best with? How good are you?
Well my favourite and best is Kirby but since I have come to realize that he is, in fact, sometimes quite cheap, I've started to use Luigi. I am mildly good but will always lose compared to around 60% of my friends.
What's the best unlockable character?
Mewtwo or Game & Watch.
What's your favourite special boss?
Giga Bowser.
What's your favourite stage? What's your favourite item?
I forget what it's called but me and my friends all use the one on top of Fox's ship where it's facing the side (not towards you like the other one). Definitely the Light Saber (I know that's not what it's actually called BTW but I forget).
What characters should be in the next game? Which console should it be on?
Obviously it should be on the next-gen console from Nintendo as a launch game because look at how well SSBM did as a Gamecube launch game. IMO they should add King Dedede from Kirby, Samurai Goroh from F-Zero, Ridly from Metroid, Wario from Mario, Diddy Kong from Donky Kong, Ganon (seperate from Ganondorf mind you) from Legend of Zelda, Poo from Earthbound, Crystal from Star Fox, and for a character from a series not previously in SSB I think they should have Captain Olimar from Pikmin (each one of his special attacks would relate to one of the five kinds of Pikmin since there can be 5 special attacks: B, foward-B, down-B, up-B on the ground and up-B in the air. For example, foward-B could have him throw a purple pikmin whereas up-B in the air could have a bunch of yellow pikmin jump up from either out of the ground or from below the stage (depending on his position) and push him upwards from below him). Alot of you probably disagree with me about some of my character choices but I think they would all be good additions to the roster IMO.
Capt_Insanity
Yubii
Capt_Insanity
Yubii
Actaully Samus has the best recovery with her bombs and her grapple.

Ahem, Jigglypuff has the best recovery. Rising Pound can get you practically anywhere. Peach is a close second. Followed by either Mewtwo or Samus.

No although Jiggy can get farther she can be edgeguarded better. But somehow I forgot about Mewtwo...he has like the second best.

Second best vertical recovery. His horizontal is still really good, I just think Jiggs and Peach, maybe Samus, rank above him. I believe Fox has the best vertical recovery, I've seen too many vids of him coming back from spikes that any other character wouldn't be coming back from.

Well actually if you do Mewtwos recovery right he has the best vertical because if he use an aerial forward a at the right time at the almost end of his 2nd jump it will give you a boost. He also a really good horizontial recovery. Cause, Ive been knocked down into the corner of Final Destination and gotten back with Mewtwo so actaully I think its a tie between M2 and Samus.
Yubii
Capt_Insanity
Yubii
Capt_Insanity
Yubii
Actaully Samus has the best recovery with her bombs and her grapple.

Ahem, Jigglypuff has the best recovery. Rising Pound can get you practically anywhere. Peach is a close second. Followed by either Mewtwo or Samus.

No although Jiggy can get farther she can be edgeguarded better. But somehow I forgot about Mewtwo...he has like the second best.

Second best vertical recovery. His horizontal is still really good, I just think Jiggs and Peach, maybe Samus, rank above him. I believe Fox has the best vertical recovery, I've seen too many vids of him coming back from spikes that any other character wouldn't be coming back from.

Well actually if you do Mewtwos recovery right he has the best vertical because if he use an aerial forward a at the right time at the almost end of his 2nd jump it will give you a boost. He also a really good horizontial recovery. Cause, Ive been knocked down into the corner of Final Destination and gotten back with Mewtwo so actaully I think its a tie between M2 and Samus.

Then again, if you get knocked down into the corner with Samus, your chances of coming back are slim to none. Then again, only two can make it back from the corner, Mewtwo being one, and Jiggs being the other. Samus' recovery only works when you're at least eye level to the stage or higher. But it also depends on the level too.
Its funny because these characters with good recoveries aren't used as much as characters with 'ok' recoveries. Like, you see more Marths or Shieks than Mewtwos and Samus', but I think Peach might be an exception.. =)
chibi dekunut
Its funny because these characters with good recoveries aren't used as much as characters with 'ok' recoveries. Like, you see more Marths or Shieks than Mewtwos and Samus', but I think Peach might be an exception.. =)

I see more Samus than Sheik, but more Marth than Samus. Mewtwos only come in low-tier tourneys pretty much. Oh yeah, Marth and Sheik and above average recoveries, compared to other characters.
Hardly any body plays with Mewtwo
Zelda (B Up) in most effective When trying to recover
Knuckles_01
hardly any1 ive seen can play with mewtwo so your correct but peach can float slow a huge advantage if you think about it zelda's up b is one of the best if you can make it back to the stage without needing to slow down

i can play mewtwo well i havent played with him lately tho so i wouldnt consider myself a tournie player with mewtwo but nonetheless im very goood with him
any1 got vids of mewtwo cant find any of em
super smash bros. melee
dont care
fox fox ok
falco_lombardi
Knuckles_01
hardly any1 ive seen can play with mewtwo so your correct but peach can float slow a huge advantage if you think about it zelda's up b is one of the best if you can make it back to the stage without needing to slow down

i can play mewtwo well i havent played with him lately tho so i wouldnt consider myself a tournie player with mewtwo but nonetheless im very goood with him
any1 got vids of mewtwo cant find any of em

I wish you had asked this earlier, I used to have tons of videos of Mewtwo, especially Azen's Mewtwo. But really, you should download DC++ and download vids that way, and for a good Mewtwo vid, look for Azen vs. Chu, Mewtwo vs. Samus.

Invisible Elder

Let's see here...

Super Smash Brothers Melee is better.
Yes.
Blue Link/Roy. Blue Link/Roy. Better than you.
Roy.
Master Hand
Final Destination. Beam Sword/Home Run Bat.
Groudon(I can see it now. Giant lizard terorizes land!) GameCube and DS.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff