Welcome to Gaia! ::

Huitzilopili
Come to think of it, it would be pretty fun to play as K. Rool...

Indeed. Try playing as Ridley, or Mother Brain...or Tingle. xp
Daxmort
Huitzilopili

Tingle would be...interesting...to play as. He would need a pink outfit, so he could lay down ultimate humiliation on anyone he beat.
Huitzilopili
Daxmort
Huitzilopili

Tingle would be...interesting...to play as. He would need a pink outfit, so he could lay down ultimate humiliation on anyone he beat.

Hey, if you get beaten by Jigglypuff, I think you've suffered humiliation enough. Moreso if she wears a bow.

Tingle at least has magic and bombs. xd
Daxmort
Huitzilopili
Daxmort
Huitzilopili

Hey, if you get beaten by Jigglypuff, I think you've suffered humiliation enough. Moreso if she wears a bow.

Tingle at least has magic and bombs. xd

Most people that I've talked to that the most humiliating character to lose to is Luigi in pink. I still think that Tingle in pink is even more humiliating...

it's not a matter of in-game usefulness, it's the principle of the thing.
Hey, don't underestimate the 'puff. It's a very solid character, and upper tier, just below the 'power three' and Falco, I think; one of the best characters in the game.
Poseidal
Hey, don't underestimate the 'puff. It's a very solid character, and upper tier, just below the 'power three' and Falco, I think; one of the best characters in the game.

Okay, okay. But I still prefer Kirby to Jigglypuff.
Daxmort
Poseidal

Okay, okay. But I still prefer Kirby to Jigglypuff.

Kirby is an eating machine. Thus, I prefer 'him' as well.
I just don't like his hammer attack. Either of them. I 'find the rest of his moves useful, but I can't find a practical use for that one.
Huitzilopili
I just don't like his hammer attack. Either of them. I 'find the rest of his moves useful, but I can't find a practical use for that one.
The hammers are good for when Kirby's small or Tiny Melee. Stuff like that. Because the hammer doesn't shrink with him. So it's huge and easy to hit with.
Zenestro
Huitzilopili
The hammers are good for when Kirby's small or Tiny Melee. Stuff like that. Because the hammer doesn't shrink with him. So it's huge and easy to hit with.

*thinks* Hmm...good point, actually. I don't usually have trouble hitting people when I'm small (but then again, I don't play Kirby, so what do I know?), but it sounds useful. *goes off to try it in a Tiny Melee*
Beramode
With the release of Super Smash Brothers in 1999, Nintendo ushered in the era of the "kinder" and "friendlier" fighting game. With the sequel Super Smash Brothers Melee in 2001, the popularity of this game has grown all the more thanks to an expanded character roster and improved graphics. This sticky is intended to cover both existing games and the games to come. 3nodding Some example questions:

Which is better: Super Smash Brothers or Super Smash Brothers Melee?
Is SSB/SSBM really a fighting game?
What's your favourite character? What character are you best with? How good are you?
What's the best unlockable character?
What's your favourite special boss?
What's your favourite stage? What's your favourite item?
What characters should be in the next game? Which console should it be on?

I love super Smash Bros. Melee! The graphics are still beautiful, the gameplay has been evened out. Man I play that for hours! My favourite character (and unlockable character) is Ganondorf. Sure, his moves were ripped from Captain Falcon, but he looks so damn cool. No other bad dude can pull of a purple energy ball attack... not even mew-two. My favorite boss is by far giga-bowser, whom is the biggest boss you will likely ever face on a fighter. My favourite item is the bom-omb. Everyone is soo afrad to touch it we just hide on one edge of the screen. As great as Ganondorf is though, I'd like to see him have his own attacks. In the future, I think Ganon should be playable too. Imagine Ganon versus Bowser! Mwa ha ha!
Super Smash Brothers Melee

No, I don't think so, it is a party game, such as Mario Party, but hey, what can you say, it is fun.

What's your favourite character? What character are you best with? How good are you? My favorite character is Marth or Young Link. I'm best with Young Link. I'm probably a typical player in this, I only play it when friends are around to play it with me, so I'm not like a master at it.

What's the best unlockable character? Probably Marth or Falco.

Probably Giga Bowser.

Fox's Ship, or Zelda's Castle.

What characters should be in the next game? Which console should it be on?
I don't really know. Gamecube, because they are losing too many original titles to Sony, even though PS2 is my fave System.
I've only played Melee

Yes, although different than most

What's your favourite character? What character are you best with? How good are you?
Pikachu is my fave and best character... I can hold my own against others, but I'm not fantastic

Young Link

Giga anything

Pokemon stadium, and the hammer

What characters should be in the next game? Which console should it be Baby Mario & Lugi (complete with bonus Chain Chomp), Diddy Kong - and Game Cube, durh 3nodding
Super Smash Brothers Melee.

Yes.

Marth is my favorite character. Marth again. I suppose that I'm pretty decent.

Use Marth.

I'll have to go with Giga Bowser on this.

Favorite stage? Well, I like the Pokemon Stadium, the BattleField, and Final Destination. As for the favorite item... anything that packs a huge punch. (Like the Bob-omb.)

What characters should be in the next game? Which console should it be on? I have no clue.
I'd say SSBM is better because it is an expansion of SSB, featuring a much deeper gameplay, better graphics, more stages, more characters, more secrets, trophies, a better smash system, more items, more options, better (and much more) music. And it has a lot more replay value due to the huge amount of variation in the game. SSB was a very good game though and I have played both games to death.

Absolutely. It can be played as a party game with items on and four players to have lots of chaotic fun. But when played without items (or several unfair ones like the hammer and the star) and on stock matches the game becomes very different. There are many difficult things to learn in the game (mastering moves, wavedashing, L-Canceling and chain combos) which add a lot of depth. And the overall goal of the game is to rack up damage on your opponent byt hitting, slashing or kicking them and thereby beating them (after getting them off the stage). So yeah, it's most definitely a fighting game.

My favorite character is Roy. My best character is also probably Roy. I'm also pretty dangerous with Marth and Sheik and then comes Falco (just started playing Falco recently). My skills with roy are pretty good. I have mastered wavedashing and I can L-Cancel pretty well (still working on canceling after SHFF aerials). I don't know many chain combos but I have figued out some on my own. I don't have many opponents to play against so I'm pretty much on my own most of the time. But my play is far from great. I can't SHFFL well and Roy has his limits.
With the other characters... Well, Marth is pretty similar to Roy, although he is much better in most areas. I just feel more comfortable with Roy. Sheik and Falco aren't very dangerous in my hands (yet) but I can be a nuisance.

In my opinion, Roy. Simply because I'm most comfortable with him than any other character. Tier-Wise Marth is better of course, but i don't really care about tiers since I'm not good enough to be affected by them (and probably never will be any time soon).

That would be Giga Bowser. But only the one you fight in Adventure Mode because the one in Event 51 is weak.

What's your favourite stage?
Final Destination. I like the simplicity of the stage and I LOVE to have Roy VS Marth matches on it against my friend. Also, when I play with some of my friends together, we play on this stage most of the time. I also like Pokémon Stadium, Fountain Of Dreams, Hyrule Temple, Battlefield and Kirby's N64 stage a lot. I like many other stages too though.

What's your favourite item?
I usually play with Items off to fight in a game of skill. Even if we play party-style (me and my friends) we usually have items off because we prefer that. But my favorite item is the pokéball I think. Next is the hammer (I don't care whether I have it or my opponent. I play Roy, do the math wink )

What characters should be in the next game?
I don't really care what characters are going to be in the next game. But I would say Wario should be in it. As long as they don't add too many characters (32 is the maximum I'd say) and they're all Nintendo characters I'm fine with it. And they should keep the clone characters the way they are now (or at least don't change them too much, I hated when they toned down Yoshi, he rocked in SSB). And of course I'd never forgive them if they took away Roy's moves (or made him weaker in some way). Overall, if they don't screw around too much then it'll be fine with me.

Which console should it be on?
The Gamecube's successor (Nintendo Revolution is the tentative title I hear every day but I never check that kind of information so I wouldn't know). If it's going to be on the gamecube then it's too soon after SSBM. SSBM hasn't lost its magic yet and probably won't for some time as people still organize high-level tournaments all around the world. And I'm still not bored with it and I play it almost every day. Sometimes for long periods of time.

What things should they NEVER change in the next SSB?
I already mentioned the characters' moves, but mainly: KEEP IT 2 DIMENSIONAL! I don't think it would be possible to have the next SSB 3D without split-screens and the current 2D setup works wonders. Don't EVER change that.

And what should they ABSOLUTELY change in the next SSB?
Aside from the obvious "updates" they should change... Well, I don't know what they should change... They could add in more mini games (like BtT and HRC) and maybe a different Story Mode for each individual character or something like that. Other than that: keep everything that's present in SSBM, don't get rid of anything. Oh and I would appreciate it if they didn't change the game's mechanics for the different versions (I have the PAL version since I live in Holland and some things are different, like some characters' attacks have a different effect) to keep it more universal. Oh yeah, I just came up with a good idea: Since the next generation consoles will have a lot of power, they should improve the A.I. If they'd keep the standard first 9 levels but add in more levels to keep the difficulty in the game for those without many human opponents. They should give the A.I. the ability to "copy" your play style for a certain character and add it to their inventory of moves so to speak. And they should make the A.I. a lot more sophisticated and less... Stupid. That would be great since it would keep some difficulty. And to keep it fair (maybe) they should make it so that the A.I. would improve according to the Player's skill (so my username would have a more difficult level X opponent than my friends who's worse at the game than I am). Also, they could add in all the stages from all the SSB games (some would really miss Final Destination and some still miss the old Mushroom Kingdom stage razz )
No N64. crying

It certainly is, although it's just as certainly not 3D. I think it's an interesting, fresh take on an exhausted genre.

What's your favourite character?
To watch - Marth and Roy. Fangirl, ne?
What character are you best with?
Peach, but learning Roy a little on the side.
How good are you?
I suck. biggrin (Can't beat Hard vs. CPU. ~_~; )

Hmm. I can't really say logically or defend this, but my gut says Marth. XD;

Not quite sure what this means, but the giant kirby... because kirby makes me want to eat marshmallows. XD;

What's your favourite stage?
heart @ BE ... uh, Hyrule Temple probably. I like the pin-ball. XD

What's your favourite item?
Magical Girl Stick o' Doom. XD;

What characters should be in the next game?
Captain Ollimar. That would be so very, very priceless. However, size restrictions make that impossible. :/ Lacking him, I'd like to say Lyndis from Fire Emblem. Not enough girls in the game. ^^,

Which console should it be on?
Looks like it'd be the N5, no? But I have to say I'd really dig a GBA or DS version to take with me wherever I go. > biggrin Like to boring lectures.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff