Welcome to Gaia! ::

StuartHayden
Lilim Valkyrie
I just can't get into this game. As much as the old fogeys praise this game I can't find a comfortable character.

Old fogeys? What?

Shut your mouth.

*goes to the back storage area, brings something back*
--,-- __ --,--
*dust it off then opens it*

Make me.

Just saying much of the SF3 crowd are older people who fear change. I don't blame em, look at SSF4
Lilim Valkyrie
I just can't get into this game. As much as the old fogeys praise this game I can't find a comfortable character.

Because your not as hawt as me. XD XDXDXD lol... <3 3s. Was my gateway fighting game into the competitive scene.
TheArkayne
Lilim Valkyrie

Because your not as hawt as me. XD XDXDXD lol... <3 3s. Was my gateway fighting game into the competitive scene.

One of these days I'm gonna strangle you with my PS3 controller.

So hows online looking? Is it full of Yuns and Chuns?
Lilim Valkyrie
TheArkayne
Lilim Valkyrie

Yeah...Yun and Chun aren't as dominate as the US scene makes them out to be. SBO and several other tournaments across the world prove that.
Lilim Valkyrie
TheArkayne
Lilim Valkyrie

Online is full of SEARCHING FOR OPPONENT.
Sio
Lilim Valkyrie
TheArkayne
Lilim Valkyrie

Online is full of SEARCHING FOR OPPONENT.

That's more believable.
Lilim Valkyrie
TheArkayne
Lilim Valkyrie

hahah! Nope. It's exactly what Sio said. Also, lots of rollbacks.... Q.Q
StuartHayden

Yeah...Yun and Chun aren't as dominate as the US scene makes them out to be. SBO and several other tournaments across the world prove that.

Most of the OE youtube vids I've seen don't even have that many Yun and Chun players. A bunch of Kens, but c'mon. It's a SF game, you're bound to see a billion Shoto players in any game.

I've seen a bunch of low jabs and jump-back fireballs. Seriously, SF4 players need to get with the program and learn that this s**t will get them killed in real matches.
JohnnyRainbow
StuartHayden

Most of the OE youtube vids I've seen don't even have that many Yun and Chun players. A bunch of Kens, but c'mon. It's a SF game, you're bound to see a billion Shoto players in any game.

I've seen a bunch of low jabs and jump-back fireballs. Seriously, SF4 players need to get with the program and learn that this s**t will get them killed in real matches.

My first match on ranked was a Ryu who did this.

I've never steam-rolled someone so hard.
JohnnyRainbow
StuartHayden

rofl I love that s**t. Who needs Parry training when you have XBL and PSN?

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
My friend says the AE upgrade really set SFIV back(such as zoning being nonexistent). What, exactly, changed about how the flows?
Koiyuki
My friend says the AE upgrade really set SFIV back(such as zoning being nonexistent). What, exactly, changed about how the flows?

To be frank, your friend is stupid. Super already made zoning extremely difficult because of all the fireball-invincible moves the game has. The problem with Super is that all the top tier ended up being almost all charge characters as a result which made the game extremely slow and boring. AE still puts a stronger emphasis on characters with strong footsie tools, but now at least not all of the top tier are charge.

People cry about the twins a lot, but really it's just everyone being whiny bitches. Yun needs some tweaks on his wake-up options and damage output, but the biggest problem with the twins is the fact that they have a fast and throw-invincible command throw. Fei Long is strong too, but that's just because of his design for the most part. Rekkas are very strong in games that are footsie-intensive, like AE is.
i already have sf4 and ssf4. now i have to buy ssf4ae. is it worth the money?
Uh, the biggest problem about the twins is that they get in almost for free and they have safe braindead offense. Super was still a mutch better game, and there were plenty of strong offensive characters like Cammy (top 5 in Super), Abel, Akuma and Rufus. Super was a game where any playstyle was good enough to win, be it rushdown, zoning or footsies. People complained that it was slow because usually those that were impatient lost to players that were. In AE It's all about braindead safe offense (Viper, Twins, and to a certain extent, Fei) that's easy to get going and that you can't really do much to defend against.

Varient's Husbando

O.G. Gaian

Never played ranked in 3S and it just goes to show you how much they care for xbl then psn. They patched the game twice for xbox not once for psn.

Net code is bleh as well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces