Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sio
PAUL5A
Shiawase64
I can't wait for Yang to hit consoles!

yeah.
i noticed that yun appears in more games than yang. sad

I'm pretty sure Yang appears as either a body swap or as part of Yun's super in every game that Yun has appeared in. The only exception may be the Alpha 3 ports that Yun was in.

i kinda like yang better than yun.
JohnnyRainbow
This year's 3S at SBO was sick, especially the Top 4.

Highlights of the tourn:
- KO OCVs Momochi/Rikimaru/Boss!
- Kuroda OCVs KO/Ochibi/Tokido!
- Kokujin OCVs Mester/Raoh/Higa!
- Kokujin gets a DOUBLE PERFECT on Raoh!!
- Inoue Japan(Kuroda/Nitto/MOV) wins it all.
- This is both Kuroda and Nitto's second SBO win.
- This is MOV's 3rd SBO win!

Information from a good game. I WISH I could have saw SBO I was in chicago at a tournament this past weekend.[/colo
r]
I missed the 3S matches. Didn't get to watch anything until SFIV.
JohnnyRainbow
This year's 3S at SBO was sick, especially the Top 4.

Highlights of the tourn:
- KO OCVs Momochi/Rikimaru/Boss!

I have to find this vid.
So I heard Cody's walk is as fast as Viper's in the arcade edition. Now all they have to do is fix his rocks so that they can anti-air and he's golden. Although speeding up the start up on his s.HK, f+HK, and LK Ruffian (and making it safer on block when spaced right) would be nice too.
why speed up f+Roundhouse? Speed is fine.

Roundhouse ruffian apparently hits crouching characters too now...which helps greatly.
Sio
So I heard Cody's walk is as fast as Viper's in the arcade edition. Now all they have to do is fix his rocks so that they can anti-air and he's golden. Although speeding up the start up on his s.HK, f+HK, and LK Ruffian (and making it safer on block when spaced right) would be nice too.

Only thing cody needed fixed was walk speed and RH ruffian not hitting crouchers. I would have been perfectly fine with his slow walk speed, f anything they are making him weaker. The slow walk speed is what worked in his favor for most of his frame traps and mixup.

Faster walk speed , Cant FADC EX zonk anymore? ( GAY) Zonk distance shortened? (The ********?) It barely went anywhere anyway.
********, just realize I can't do EX Zonk, FADC, U1 anymore. I preferred that over Roundhouse Ruffian. But maybe now that it hits crouching, I can rely on it more.
Im Baaaaaack(Knows no one cares)

Anywhos....Someone tell me, is it Daigo or Wong that plays online with "Gameinn"

And he doesnt use any Other name does he? Cause either I just fought him(Highly doubt it) or someone thought it would be funny to make a name like his. "Gameinn-jp"

Him or not, I got whopped in a way Ive never seen be4.
Shin Oni
why speed up f+Roundhouse? Speed is fine.

Roundhouse ruffian apparently hits crouching characters too now...which helps greatly.

Because it's slow as hell as Cody's lacking one of his primary guess pokes without it. His s.HK is the same. Not to mention both f+HK and s.HK are pretty focus bait right now, so it's not like speeding them up will make them overpowered. LK Ruffian is supposed to be his primary low, but it's slow and unsafe which is retarded. At least with the increased walk speed, he can compensate for it with his normal lows.

HK Ruffian hitting crouchers will help his damage output, but he needs far more than that to be good.
TheArkayne
Sio

Only thing cody needed fixed was walk speed and RH ruffian not hitting crouchers. I would have been perfectly fine with his slow walk speed, f anything they are making him weaker. The slow walk speed is what worked in his favor for most of his frame traps and mixup.

Faster walk speed , Cant FADC EX zonk anymore? ( GAY) Zonk distance shortened? (The ********?) It barely went anywhere anyway.

People need to stop going on about Cody's frame traps. Without something particularly threatening like a vortex, command throw, or TK dive kick, mix up will only get you so far in SSFIV. Especially with s**t walk speed, since throwing becomes a much less threatening option. I'd much rather they improve his footsie game because frankly, it's a**. Cody's supposed to be a reverse shoto. Whereas the shotos are good at making people jump, Cody is good at making people stay on the ground. His rocks are supposed to anti-air (which is the whole ******** point to holding on to the rocks) which they don't in SSFIV. Right now they're just a really shitty Hadouken. The long start up is there because you're supposed to take that time to walk up and hit him. Keeping you on the ground with the rocks forces you to play against his ground game, which includes f+HK, s.HK, and LK Ruffian. Except all of them are slow as hell.

I don't have a problem if they wanted to change Cody's play style, but if they take away his zoning tools they damn well better give him something back. He already had good mix up in Alpha 3, so he hasn't gained anything at all in SSFIV. Zonk is just a shitty replacement for his dodge. I would have much rather they gave him a command dodge like Blanka's or Dhalsim's.

I swear, Capcom doesn't understand how their own characters are supposed to play. I wish they would stop trying to make every ******** thing a 5-5 match up. It's Street Fighter, 2D, and has 35 characters (soon to be more). There are going to be bad match ups no matter what you do. They need to focus on making the characters play the way they're supposed to. If you look at the top tiers, they're all the characters who "feel" right.
huh?

all of cody's MP normals are pretty godlike. close s.MP is like +2 on hit and IIRC either +1 or neutral on block. f.MP is just as good as the former. cr.MP strangely enough, can be used as a anti-air/poke/combo starter/whatever. b+MP is a really stupid good anti air. Hell cr.HP is a decent and hard hitting AA. There's also s.HP. If you want to be ballsy/stylin, you can even use nj.HP. Free untechable knockdown and beats out pretty much anything in the air. While a faster s.HK would help, it really doesn't matter when you have about 5 other options that make you forget s.HK. 5 other options that are pretty damn good to begin with.

no comment on LK ruffian. s**t is untechable knockdown. It's already good. They're also not going to speed it up when all the speed is in EX ruffian. (which basically is A3 LK ruffian plus fireball invincibility.)

I don't really see the complaint on rocks as a AA tool. He's already got AA options that aren't A3 s.HK and rocks. Hell, I didn't really use rocks as AA in A3 since he had s.HP, cr.HP, and s.HK. With stages being so cramped, you'll only be going so far anyway throwing rocks from the other side of the screen.

I also wouldn't sleep on s.MK.

f.HK will still be focus and downback bait even sped up. I stopped bothering with f.HK because people just downback that s**t and punish me for it. Lets be thankful it's actually useable to some extent.

and this is capcom. if they didn't learn the past 10 years, what makes you think they'd learn now?

You're saying Cody's the anti shoto yet you're saying he's not a threat because he doesn't have mixups TK nonsense, or whatever is actually good in SSF4. Last I checked, frame traps are just as good. The guy has the tools.
I'm not complaining about his normals up close. Those are fine and dandy. It's his footsie tools that need work, and that means s.HK, f+HK, LK Ruffian. EX Ruffian is what I usually use when I want to go low, because the standard LK Ruffian is way too slow. However, it's still horribly unsafe. In Alpha 3, it was his primary low because it was safe on block when spaced right, goes under jumps, and had the most range of his lows. But like I said, the increased walk speed remedies this issue a bit so it's not that big a deal. However, his s.HK and f+HK are still too slow. It's too easy for other characters to stuff them and he doesn't have any other faster tools with that much range. s.MK isn't bad, but it can't preemptive anti-air jumps like s.HK and f+HK can.

If you think I'm saying that they should make the rocks be a reactionary anti-air, you're misinterpreting me. The rocks are supposed to arc up once they're out so that they're hard to jump over. The long start up is there so the opponent can walk up and hit him during the start up. That's how the rocks have synergy with his normals, since his s.HK and f+HK are also good at keeping people on the ground closer up while also stopping attempts to walk in. If you sit there and block, you'll get pushed back by rocks and be forced to try to approach again. If you try to walk back, you'll get hit by an LK Ruffian.

f+HK and s.HK will still be focus bait, sure, but that's why I was hoping they would change LK Ruffian to make it more like A3's LK Ruffian. That way, the armor breaking property would make it far riskier to try and focus in Cody's footsie range.

I'm not saying that his frame traps are useless, but I'm saying that they're not strong enough to win him matches alone.

Fixing Cody's rocks, making LK Ruffian shorter and safer, speeding up the start up on f+HK and s.HK are the only changes Cody needs to be high tier. Hell, if they did that, they wouldn't even have to buff his walk speed because he wouldn't have to move as much.

And yeah, I know these changes aren't gonna happen because hurr durr Capcom, but it's what I think he needs. Rocks are the main thing though. If you wanted a more informed opinion on the rocks, read this thread. He's far more credible than I am, and so is SaBrE.

EDIT: On a side note, FA > Makoto.
I know what you mean on rocks now. They do need a height lift as the arc is pretty garbage overall. Now thinking, I really don't use rocks as much since people can just so easily jump over it (including low jumpers like Hakan.) This would help a lot in keeping people off him. It'd help a lot in preventing the pressure he can't deal with once people are in.Otherwise though, I just want a faster s.HK as that's the only thing that really bothers me.

Makoto needs help period lol. I always find it hilarious when I see stream monsters or people who don't know what they're talking about say she's fine and doesn't need anything. EX Hayate being armor breaking won't help much (Better off just making Hayate armor breaking overall if that's the case.). More meter wasting that needs to be elsewhere. Faster walk speed I guess helps in a sense. I still say she needs Juri's dash so she can go under fireballs. (Juri really doesn't need this considering she jumps high enough and has dive kicks.) Another useless move by Capcom.

DP punch having more ground range probably won't make a difference. It could. I can see using this as a way under fireballs but it's risky as ********. I assume Tsurugi is a bit more floating now if it's TKed now. Still not a overhead without EX so doesn't really help. I guess it helps in somewhat retreating from FA bait. (granted it's like 3s style more.)
question about HYPER STREET FIGHTER 2:
can you play as the World Warrior versions of Sagat, Vega, Bison, Balrog, Fei Long, Dee Jay, Cammy and THawk?

Bloodsucker

It's about time Yang showed up again since Third Strike xP

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas